Seahawks work out QB

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkWow":zxalpj2b said:
RussellWilson is making strides serious enough to where for the first time this year, I think offers for MF should definitely be entertained (in the off-season). I have complete confidence in JS and believe he will get max value for Flynn or Flynn will remain a Hawk. I like either scenario.
Agree 100%. Nothing against Flynn either.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson owns the division I passer rating record.

Johnson had a slightly better rating playing for a division I-AA team (the university of San Diego, not to be confused with San Diego State). San Diego is such a tiny football program that it does not even offer football scholarships. It's basically a JUCO like the one Portis played for.

I think Josh Johnson is a neat prospect, but he was coached in college by Jim Harbaugh and was picked up by Harbaugh again last year only to last one season- which is saying a lot given SF's QB situation.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Harbaugh didn't want him, that says a lot IMO.

Pass.

HawkWow

Reaction score
razgriz737":4o8ifx1c said:
HawkWow":4o8ifx1c said:
RussellWilson is making strides serious enough to where for the first time this year, I think offers for MF should definitely be entertained (in the off-season). I have complete confidence in JS and believe he will get max value for Flynn or Flynn will remain a Hawk. I like either scenario.
Agree 100%. Nothing against Flynn either.

Understood and I feel the same. Like yourself (and very few others) I have the uncanny ability to like RussellWilson while still respecting Matt Flynn. I will regret never seeing what Flynn could do with this team, should he be moved, but Wilson is just too good and (if the price is right) I'd like to see Flynn get a shot somewhere (outside the NFCW) else.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
kearly":3c6ndbty said:

I think Josh Johnson is a neat prospect, but he was coached in college by Jim Harbaugh and was picked up by Harbaugh again last year only to last one season- which is saying a lot given SF's QB situation.

Small correction: Johnson was signed THIS offseason, and was cut during (or right after) the preseason. Only lasted a few months.

He was an interesting prospect coming out of college, but TB drafted Freeman and JJ never really got a chance to supplant him. Even with Freeman's struggles last year, JJ only saw the field once or twice.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dyyai33 said:

Yeah, it says "I've got Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick already. No big deal."

Cool acquisition. Now we can trade Flynn for a...um...never mind.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":swq0jg3f said:
Hasselbeck":swq0jg3f said:

Yeah, it says "I've got Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick already. No big deal."

Cool acquisition. Now we can trade Flynn for a...um...never mind.

They kept Tolzien over him though..... :|

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pete "Transaction" Carroll. I doubt he's ever uttered the words: let's just stand pat.

I like it.