New CB's signed - Parker and Shead

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Actually, with Sherman's appeal hearing set for the 14th and the Bills game coming just two days later, it seems like there's a decent chance that Sherman's suspension won't be imposed until the following week. Suspensions typically begin on Monday or Tuesday of any given week to give teams a few days to prepare without the suspended player; I can't remember a player being suspended two days before a road game before.

I think we'll have Sherman for two more games, not just this next one.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I hope everyone remembers how well MM filled in for KH after his run in with a street sign(and how poor we did after MM went out of xl)...(granted KH wasn't considered a -great- safety, he did make people think about going across the middle though which helps everyone else out)

(-SH)

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's possible Sherm has a legit reason for taking the drug. He seems rather confident he will win the appeal. With his personality, it wouldn't be a shocker if he were to prove that he started taking adderal as a problem child (lol). He could go further and say that mixing it in his water bottle was his preferred method of ingestion and Browner accidently drank from that bottle. Won't get Browner out of anything, but would help with public relations. Especially if these two ever decide to do a "show your stuff and drink milk" commercial.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ron Parker NFL workout at the 1:26 mark, NSFW lyrics
[youtube]lBizVuxQ-jM[/youtube]

The only play I could find with Ron Parker in it, quite an athlete
[youtube]06CWZfKR_cc[/youtube]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DeShawn Shead footage from Portland State
[youtube]8yE21QPF9CE[/youtube]

Omahawk

Reaction score
I'm not too worried. If teams think that they can all of a sudden start throwing against us at will, they had better be very careful about it. We still have Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor back there. The routes had better be single coverage against our replacement corners and even then, I'll take our odds. I don't think we'll skip a beat.

MTS

Reaction score
Its funny that you say, "if teams think they can start throwing the ball against us all of a sudden"...well, Cutler did it last week, basically all game (oh, and to the exact same guy every single time).

Now, Fitzgerald is awesome and would probably burn whoever is guarding him...IF he had a QB with a dang. But, ARI doesn't.

I am not too worried about the loss of Browner/Sherman, I mean the last weeks of the season, they seem like they have been watching RW play and forgetting about D, so I am happy to see some new crew. Portland State U isn't exactly an impressive place to play...but if they can help, Im all for it!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MTS":gm5gz7nr said:
Its funny that you say, "if teams think they can start throwing the ball against us all of a sudden"...well, Cutler did it last week, basically all game (oh, and to the exact same guy every single time).

Now, Fitzgerald is awesome and would probably burn whoever is guarding him...IF he had a QB with a dang. But, ARI doesn't.

I am not too worried about the loss of Browner/Sherman, I mean the last weeks of the season, they seem like they have been watching RW play and forgetting about D, so I am happy to see some new crew. Portland State U isn't exactly an impressive place to play...but if they can help, Im all for it!
You talking about the Cutler who had 220 something passing and 17 total points? Yeah it was aggravating, but lets not overblow the rumored asskicking our defense took. It may not have been to usual standards, but it wasn't that horrid.

themunn

Reaction score
Yes Brandon Marshall caught balls against us (10, which is impressive), but we also limited the rest of their receivers to a combined TWO catches (plus 5 dumpoffs to RBs).
Don't go thinking our pass defense has suddenly evaporated

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":ezvm5k91 said:
Seahwkgal":ezvm5k91 said:
I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.
Yes. But the athlete is free to say whatever he wants about what the substance was. So he comes up positive for roids, and says it's adderall, which nobody really cares about, and the league can not contridict him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":6qsy7h6m said:
jlwaters1":6qsy7h6m said:
Seahwkgal":6qsy7h6m said:
I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.
Yes. But the athlete is free to say whatever he wants about what the substance was. So he comes up positive for roids, and says it's adderall, which nobody really cares about, and the league can not contridict him.
Lets not kid ourselves. One thing we learned from last year's CBA negotiations and this year's bounty gate is that if the NFL wants something made public, it will find a way to have it made public. If a player lies about Adderall and is really using roids, the NFL will make sure we find out somehow.

Vinny6420

Reaction score
I still think they are innocent but knowing they wouldn't win any appeals, they are planning how to utilize the suspensions