Leave it to Mike Greenberg ...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Leave it to Mike Greenberg ...
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am
  • ... to again - ad nauseum - go over the Green Bay game "the Seahawks stole" while interviewing Aaron Rodgers and saying that the Redskins should be the 6th seed right now and not the Seahawks. It's clear that when we claim our playoff spot that
    A LOT of people will want to see us lose.

I say --- bring it on! :th2thumbs: Nothing better than playing with an "us against the world" mentality. And Greenberg .... is such a whiny little puke.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Re: Leave it to Mike Greenberg ...
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am
  • Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:I say --- bring it on! :th2thumbs: Nothing better than playing with an "us against the world" mentality.

Completely agreed. I hope every major sports outlet KEEPS talking about it every time they mention the playoff race/seedings. I want every one of our Seahawks players with chips on their shoulders. Especially Tate.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 am

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 am
  • How about the Hawks just win out and let the butt-hurt bitches cry about it some more when we win the division and have a bye.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am
  • Would love the Packers in the playoffs. One way or another this gets put to bed.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am
  • Serenity now, gentlemen. This won't go away all year no matter what happens, and exactly zero national media honks will bring up the way the refs jobbed the hawks earlier in the game. Just part of the Terms & Conditions of being a Hawks fan.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Serenity now, gentlemen. This won't go away all year no matter what happens, and exactly zero national media honks will bring up the way the refs jobbed the hawks earlier in the game. Just part of the Terms & Conditions of being a Hawks fan.

Yep, true dat.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Would love the Packers in the playoffs. One way or another this gets put to bed.

Just wait til we win the division and host a wild card GB team. The screams of "This game should be in GB!" will be deafening.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am
  • I promise you if his J-E-T-S would have won a game like that against the Packers, cry baby Greenberg would be arguing vehemntly that it was legit.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I promise you if his J-E-T-S would have won a game like that against the Packers, cry baby Greenberg would be arguing vehemntly that it was legit.

No doubt.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am
  • I'm calling it now. If the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs, frigging Mike Carrie will be the games head official.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:08 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I'm calling it now. If the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs, frigging Mike Carrie will be the games head official.

I'd put money down on that.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I'm calling it now. If the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs, frigging Mike Carrie will be the games head official.

Nah, but Mike Carey might be.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am
  • Thanks for the correct spelling. Can't tell you how important getting it right is to me. I wouldn't want to disrespect him. :sarcasm_off:
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm
  • Anybody hear him this morning around 730? Golic, Greenie, and Herm are discussing RG3 and all of that and Golic says "And you know one guy nobodys really talking about? Russell Wilson!" And Greenie immediately groans "oh god!"

Golic and Herm had nothing but compliments and good words for RW. Then they go into how RW is a huge reason why the Seahawks will be in the playoffs. And of course Greenie brings up the GB fiasco. Thankfully, Herm tells him "Don't even go there. Don't even" Greenie still does and says we should be 6-6 and Washington would be in ahead of us. Herm says "But they're not 6-6, they're 7-5! You know how Washington can get into the playoffs? Don't be 6-6. Be 7-5!"

Made me gain a little respect for Herm.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
  • Yeah, Golic got hammered by everyone for that. Nobody wanted to hear it. Can't blame 'em. That game was in Week 3. Week 3. That leaves 13 more games for the season to unfold. I don't even want to hear about what impact that game has on anything.

And I honestly hope we get Green Bay in the playoffs. Would be so awesome. The way our offense is playing, the way Wilson is coming into his own, that would be epic. And I think the Seahawks would put a serious hurt on Green Bay.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
  • LOL! Now that was good. I have a new found respect for Herm "don't press send" Edwards :-P
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Anybody hear him this morning around 730? Golic, Greenie, and Herm are discussing RG3 and all of that and Golic says "And you know one guy nobodys really talking about? Russell Wilson!" And Greenie immediately groans "oh god!"

Golic and Herm had nothing but compliments and good words for RW. Then they go into how RW is a huge reason why the Seahawks will be in the playoffs. And of course Greenie brings up the GB fiasco. Thankfully, Herm tells him "Don't even go there. Don't even" Greenie still does and says we should be 6-6 and Washington would be in ahead of us. Herm says "But they're not 6-6, they're 7-5! You know how Washington can get into the playoffs? Don't be 6-6. Be 7-5!"

Made me gain a little respect for Herm.

Herm Edwards might not have been the best head coach in the world, but I absolutely LOVE him as a TV personality!

But Mike Greenberg is a no talent hack with no clue about nuthin!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:52 pm
  • I still laugh at Greenberg's tweet before the Seahawks-Jets game..

RT @Espngreeny: I can't think of any reason why the #Jets would win in Seattle. Which is exactly why they will.

Outstanding analysis.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:52 pm
  • I want to vomit on that no talent ass-clowns face and then kick him in the groin repeatedly.

How Greenberg has a job talking about sports boggles the mind. Worst sports talk radio show ever and that is saying something.
    USChawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I still laugh at Greenberg's tweet before the Seahawks-Jets game..

RT @Espngreeny: I can't think of any reason why the #Jets would win in Seattle. Which is exactly why they will.

Outstanding analysis.

No shit. His claim to fame is that he is incredibly good at being incredibly wrong about about pretty much everything. He'd be a joke if only he were funny.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm
  • USChawk wrote:I want to vomit on that no talent ass-clowns face and then kick him in the groin repeatedly.

How Greenberg has a job talking about sports boggles the mind. Worst sports talk radio show ever and that is saying something.

I dont listen to him or read his stupid tweets.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm
  • It may not be so intolerable if these knuckleheads would add "well, the Hawks deserve a break or two after that Debacle in Detroit" referencing the championship stolen from us. In that case, we've had an official write a letter of apology to our owner and state that he has had "nitemares about the many blown calls". I believe he continues to state the Hawks should have won that game by no less than 14 pts.

Thus far, I've not heard any official connected with the play (vs. Green Bay) say anything similar to that. I personally was shocked we got that call. If I were one of the judges involved, I would have called it an Int. They didn't. Life goes on. It's not even close to the typical bad call on any given game day. It was a very close, difficult call.

Green Bay is a class organization and such a storied franchise certainly understands the ebbs and flows of both good and bad calls. Rodgers is fortunate to be be playing in this era...Lombardi would be telling him to just STFU and play better football next time. He needs to be reminded of this as his constant whining is not indicative of Green Bay football.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm
  • It seems to me that the NFL as well as the East Coast media types do not want to see Seattle in the Division Championships. Our "TV appeal" is 1/4 of that of the "big name" teams. Don't expect any favors in Post Season play.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:03 pm
  • Greenberg just needs to blow Andrew Luck and get it over with. He's done just about everything else.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm
  • Greeny is a certified tool. The king of east coast bs! A real fricken jewel.
    rawkhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 am
  • Mop and Mop in :pukeface: the morning
    judgemint
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 am
  • HawkWow wrote:Thus far, I've not heard any official connected with the play (vs. Green Bay) say anything similar to that.

The guy who called TD stood by his call for a few days, long enough for the NFL to back him up... and long enough to be hassled with threats from angry GB fans until he finally threw his arms up and said 'OK, I blew it! Should have been an INT, you happy now you psychotic a-holes?'

I'm paraphrasing of course.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:Thus far, I've not heard any official connected with the play (vs. Green Bay) say anything similar to that.

The guy who called TD stood by his call for a few days, long enough for the NFL to back him up... and long enough to be hassled with threats from angry GB fans until he finally threw his arms up and said 'OK, I blew it! Should have been an INT, you happy now you psychotic a-holes?'

I'm paraphrasing of course.

Yeah but that guy was probably a math teacher and part time high school referee who doesn't need people hasstling him for the rest of his life over one call. If officiating were his lifetime career as opposed to a part time job, he might have stood up to the slobbering horde, but since it's not he probablty just said screw it.

Funny thing is, the call was upheld by the replay official who is a full time NFL employee, so.... derp.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 am
  • He says these things to please the majority and piss of the vocal minority. Sometimes the best way to deal with ignorance is to educate it; other times, you just don't feed the troll.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 am
  • Any radio host's job is to create controversy, or in this case continue the controversy.........cause let's face it, it get's ratings. It's the same reason Smith and Bayless are still arguing about Tebow, even though Tebow's been irrelevant for almost an entire year.

The highest ratings for ESPN and the NFL Network this year was following the Hawks Green Bay game.......they're not stupid, they'll continue to harp on it til that horse can't be beat anymore.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am
  • Hey Greeny,

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information