My Playoffs: Brees, Luck or Wilson

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm the #1 ranked team in my league and looking for input for the upcoming playoffs. I've got Brees as my starter and my bench are Luck and DangeRuss. Bress has been pretty bad and is playing against the Giants this weekend. Stat wise Luck is putting up better numbers. He plays against the Titans. I have not started DangeRuss this season but he's on fire. My homerism says start Russ but I'm leaning Luck stat/points.

So who do you start?

Thanks for your input :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2g1fmtoq said:
Read somewhere that Brees does really well after having down games (4+ INT's). Take that as you will.

Thanks for the heads up. You're not making my decision any easier. lol.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Greenhell":3rz1sihj said:
hawksfan515":3rz1sihj said:
Read somewhere that Brees does really well after having down games (4+ INT's). Take that as you will.

Thanks for the heads up. You're not making my decision any easier. lol.

Well here's my stupid uneducated opinion. I would not start Russell, as the Cards have no offensive firepower, and an amazing defense. Even if Wilson lights it up early, we will eventually go to the run game if we get up big, especially because the Cardinals have been susceptible to the run lately.

Don't know much about the Titans and Luck, but that's tempting. I do know Luck is very incosistent.

With Brees you are almost certain he's gonna pass the ball. Tempting as well.

I'd start Brees, but that's just me. Don't trust Luck enough for me, and Russ isn't gonna do so well this week in FF I'll bet.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
Great points. Ur probably right, Brees is the safe bet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Giants are set to look good after having some crap games recently, now that they have two division opponents that are both one game behind them. I wouldn't bet on Brees right now. Wilson's going to be playing at home against the reeling Cardinals. I'd bet a fin that Wilson gets more fantasy points than Brees this weekend; but, who knows. It's a crap shoot.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":anl4sc0f said:
Giants are set to look good after having some crap games recently, now that they have two division opponents that are both one game behind them. I wouldn't bet on Brees right now. Wilson's going to be playing at home against the reeling Cardinals. I'd bet a fin that Wilson gets more fantasy points than Brees this weekend; but, who knows. It's a crap shoot.

New York's defense is screwed, IMO. Saint's have a good line and the Giants secondary is terrible. New York's offense can pick up the slack, which should make it a shootout, which will result in a lot of points for Brees.

Wilson, however, has to play the cardinals. This is a team that has an AMAZING pass defense, and is more susceptible to the run game, which we have a strong one. And there is almost no chance of a shootout, as both defenses are too good, and the Cardinals offense is too bad.

I'd be very surprised if Wilson got more points.

Latest posts