Flynn and a second rounder for Fitzgerald!

Seeker

Reaction score
id rather trade flynn straight up for dockett. they are looking to get rid of him. he'd love to play against the team that shunned him now. the cards would be more inticed to get flynn and have someone to actually throw to larry. don't like improving a division foe tho. id rather flynn go to kansas city but we don't need anybody from there

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2ptk7kjf said:
Why does everybody wanna ditch Flynn? Yeah, he's expensive, but I love having a great backup in case the very possible happens, and Russ goes down...
Exactly, why not have a great back up????

Basis4day

Reaction score
Everyone knows that the trade deadline has passed, right?

sturg78

Reaction score
Basis4day":oynny9uo said:
Everyone knows that the trade deadline has passed, right?

Everyone is talking about the offseason.

Uffda

Reaction score
The way the office is finding gold in the Middle rounds a 4-5th round would be fine...

themunn

Reaction score
Twisted":39rt4smw said:
why trade Flynn?

Yeah why trade a player we MIGHT need for one of the best players in the league at any position

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I understand what the OP is thinking, but there will be 30 other shoppers if Fitz is put on sale, and Seattle simply will not beat every other team. And why the hell would the Cards trade in-division unless they were starting over, which they aren't?

Besides, look at Kolb's numbers this year. actually not too bad. The Cards don't need another QB, they need O-line. And more o-line.

Rosterbaters.

hawker84

Reaction score
they aren't? they may not be starting over, but they are definately not going to be contending for a couple years, Kolb is not the answer, they need a quality qb, among many other things, you might see a fire sale in the off season.. starting with the coaching staff.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd go after Dockett, he's the mean 3 Tech we've been needing. Depends on how old he is, isn't he about 30 ? He's still good, but not the player he once was.

Kolb was playing well for the Cards, but he's not durable enough to last behind that OL. Similar to Hasselbeck last year behind our OL. Jackson barely survived it, Hass would've been murdered.

The other thing....why trade Flynn to the Cards ? He'd actually make them better. Flynn came in after sitting on the bench and getting limited snaps all season, and goes 5 for 7 and looked sharp in the face of the AZ blitz. Lots of folks said Flynn couldn't beat a blitz well, and he's not mobile at all. He rolled out, beat a Card defender one on one, broke the tackle, and completed a pass. I still think Matt is a starting caliber QB in the NFL, and I don't want that going to a team in division. Hell, I wouldn't want to trade him in conference.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This has been a bad year for Flynn.

Rookie QBs are proving that they can start day one, Kolb has been a bust and Flynn got beat out by a third rounder.

His trade value is... well, not very good. And his contract is too much. I don't see a scenario where we trade him, but I do think we'll cut him. You don't spend that much cap space on a backup QB. Flynn would be a great backup QB for about 1/3rd of his contract.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":qm2i9y9j said:
Why does everybody wanna ditch Flynn? Yeah, he's expensive, but I love having a great backup in case the very possible happens, and Russ goes down...

Flynn isn't really that bad when you look at his future numbers. A big chunk of his money this year was in bonuses. Next year he's scheduled to make $5.25 million, which is a good chunk of money, but not unprecedented for a quality backup. As long as we are able to stay within the cap and re-sign the guys we want to re-sign, I actually want to keep Flynn around. Look around the league at QB's who run around a lot, Vick, RGIII....these types of qb's have high odds of getting hurt in games. Having a backup who can come in and make plays is something any playoff contender needs. We have that in Flynn, and I see no need to send him packing at this point in time.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I won't be one to inhibit anybody else's wild-speculation good times. For me, though, this team we have is just getting ramped up and playing at a high level at the exact right time. All my attention is focused on the here & now, one must-win game at a time. Not a thought in my head about the offseason or next year.

And I don't think we even need Fitzgerald. One in a million player, sure. For what it would take to get him, not worth it at all.

Largent80

Reaction score
I like the team the way it is now. I really like Rice, and Tate. Fitz?....He chose to be there so I don't feel sorry for him and there are a ton of good WR's in the upcoming draft. Even though we are drafting last if ya know what I mean. :mrgreen:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Fitz is a class act and a top 2 receiver in the NFL... anyone who thinks he wouldnt fit with our team is out of their mind. This isn't the MLB though, this trade wouldn't happen.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
tubbs51":u5czf5sv said:
isnt fitz in the last year of his contract? if so i guess he'll be walking.

He's signed with the Cardinals (on paper) through 2018. He re-upped in 2011.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Why stop there? Let's trade Jermaine Kearse to the Vikings for Adrian Peterson too. How about Marcus Trufant to the Jets for Darrelle Revis?

:lol: at this trade proposal.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I don't want to do any trade in which we give up middle-rounders - are you kidding? That's the part of the draft where Schneider goes to town.