Richard Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Richard Sherman
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 am
  • http://i.imgur.com/rnVJR.jpg

I saw him give the thumbs up after his excessive celebration call, then proceed to stand on the bench and hype the crowd while the referee was over the loudspeaker. Without a lead like the one we had, I would have been pissed. Considering the lead, however, I couldn't help but smile.

Love this guy

Edit: Had to post a link because the picture was HUGE when embedded.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Re: Richard Sherman
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am
  • I love Richard Shermans attitude. Its about time this team had a trash talking, loudmouth, borderline unsportmanlike, playmaker who backs up everything he does.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:29 am
  • Sherman is a fantastic football player and an equal showman. I am glad that he is a Seahawk.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am
  • Hey, he's Optimus Prime.

:141847_bnono:
    captSE
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 am
    Throw it. I dare you.
    -seanhawk-
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am
  • lol can someone resize that Sherman and Rice gif so I can put that as my avy?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 am
  • Did anyone else notice Sherman and Moffit on the sideline trying to do the same dance the cheerleaders were doing? That was all kinds of hilarious.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am
  • That was pretty funny.

Although Moffit needs to quit dancing and start blocking. He got blown up several times last game.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 am
  • I'll say it again:

There was nothing wrong with Sherman's celebration.

He was not flagged for it, and it was totally OK for him to do it.

The flag was SOLELY because of Kam coming over and making it a group celebration.

Sherman can celebrate all he wants after he makes a play as long as he isn't using a prop, another player, or taunting the opponent.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:I'll say it again:

The flag was SOLELY because of Kam coming over and making it a group celebration.

Sherman can celebrate all he wants after he makes a play as long as he isn't using a prop, another player, or taunting the opponent.

I'm perfectly fine with it, 'specially against this Cardinals team who talk a lot of mess for being a crappy franchise, I'm glad we ran up the score too!!!

No quarter for the team that was dirty enough to celebrate Dockett burying his elbow into Hasselbecks throat in 09.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 am
  • Sherm is awesome you have to love everything about this guy if you dont then you are probably just a miserable bastard.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am
  • ParisPC07 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/rnVJR.jpg

I saw him give the thumbs up after his excessive celebration call, then proceed to stand on the bench and hype the crowd while the referee was over the loudspeaker. Without a lead like the one we had, I would have been pissed. Considering the lead, however, I couldn't help but smile.

Love this guy

Edit: Had to post a link because the picture was HUGE when embedded.

had that been a close game, it would have never happened... he may have celebrated and Kam may have joined him and got the penalty, but he would have never given the thumbs up.. he knew it was over, penalties were irrelevant at that point...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 am
  • What was he actually flagged for doing? Couldn't tell and they didn't show a replay of it
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am
  • VHawk wrote:Sherm is awesome you have to love everything about this guy if you dont then you are probably just a miserable bastard.

unfortunately a lot of NFL fans have been brainwashed by Goodell these last few years, and think these kind of things are actually bad
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 am
  • I think these calls for excessive celebration and taunting need thrown out, lets see if they can be real men and not let their feelings get hurt. Pansies make those sort of rules. Only make those calls if it takes too long.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am
  • VHawk wrote:Sherm is awesome you have to love everything about this guy if you dont then you are probably just a miserable bastard.

Everything?

So if he's suspended for four games hurting our team, you're OK with that?................and I guarantee if you if Sherman played on the 49'ers, this forum would be littered with "Sherman's a trash talking punk" posts.

Amazing how rose colored glasses affect our sports team vision.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 am
  • ensett wrote:
    VHawk wrote:Sherm is awesome you have to love everything about this guy if you dont then you are probably just a miserable bastard.

unfortunately a lot of NFL fans have been brainwashed by Goodell these last few years, and think these kind of things are actually bad

I never thought I'd see this happen, but this is actually getting truer by the passing game. I mean, football fans weren't the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with, but I can't believe that most NFL fans have no problem going along with what Goodell says. It's insane!

Makes me even more proud to be a part of the 12th Man. For the most part everyone's in agreement that Goodell is awful and is ruining the integrity of the game.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am
  • Love Sherm and if he gets suspended 4 games than it is what it is doesn't mean i don't appreciate everything he does for this team.It is guys like Sherm that has made this team what it is a TEAM.It is your problem that you player hate people with confidence and charisma.Speak for yourself homie because you dont know me.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:I'll say it again:

I thought the flag was for using the ball as a prop. Honestly when I saw it I thought he was fishing for the flag, which was hilarious to me.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm
  • and I guarantee if you if Sherman played on the 49'ers, this forum would be littered with "Sherman's a trash talking punk" posts.

Amazing how rose colored glasses affect our sports team vision.

uh...lol...thats the point. Hes the type of player that you love to have on YOUR team, and fans of OTHER teams hate. You're damn right I'd hate Sherman if he was a 9er. But hes a Hawk, keep it going. He's "The Glove" of the NFL.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:What was he actually flagged for doing? Couldn't tell and they didn't show a replay of it

I forget what they called it (excessive celebration or something like that) but when I watched it on tv, they had the camera on both the official and Kam as he started dancing along with Sherman. As soon as Kam started his dance, the official tossed the flag.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:What was he actually flagged for doing? Couldn't tell and they didn't show a replay of it

After the 2nd interception, he took the football and started doing the "Grave Digger" (what he later told the reporters he calls it). Kam saw him doing it and joined in on the field of play, so the ref threw a flag for unsportsmanlike behavior. The ref seemed motivated by Kam's decision to join in but I am sure he could have flagged Sherman for taunting if he wanted to.

Just letting Absolute know what the penalty was, not judging in case anyone sees this as bashing Sherman. Just trying to provide an explanation of the call.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:13 pm

THIS!!
    Every time someone mentions the Seahawks Defense, the first thought that flashes to my mind is Sherman, and the second? Browner.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm
  • I think if the entire team and coaching staff wants to line up and do a line dance to celebrate a TD they should be able to. Let their personalities come out. I hate folks celebrating in my face, but the deal is, they have a right to because of their accomplishment.

Personally, I wouldn't rub it in, I doubt I would dance in the end zone and all that, but I could care less if other folks do. The "act like you've been there before" cliche is real nice, but it isn't for everybody. I guess when someone pulls of a nice dance, you could say that they are "acting like they expected to get there". I think Victor Cruz doing the "salsa" is pretty funny. Terrell Owens and the "Sharpie" was ingenious. Who cares it gives fans something to think about and it's all very creative.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm
  • When was the last time we had a guy with a lot of moxy on our team that everyone else in the league hates?

He's livin' his dream and lovin' it!

Good on Sherm I dig what he brings to this team my brotha.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    VHawk wrote:Sherm is awesome you have to love everything about this guy if you dont then you are probably just a miserable bastard.

THIS!!
    Every time someone mentions the Seahawks Defense, the first thought that flashes to my mind is Sherman, and the second? Browner.

Number one and two CBs in the league, respectively. :thirishdrinkers:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information