EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mertesacker handled the ball in the box...

And so Carzola dived but its the refs fault?

Jesus christ Gate... you truly are something
Muppet (as peaches would say)

Hawkspur

Reaction score
What a nightmare. 1-0 up at 90 minutes - lose 2-1. Our depth is non-existent. Everton were better all game to be fair. Spurs decent in the build up but very conservative once we got the ball near their area. Must be more aggressive.

Rubbish.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What a win for the Reds.. so needed. Great Sunday for the EPL in honesty.

Hawkspur... i know its a hard one, but is AVB the man for that job?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1f4un8b8 said:
What a win for the Reds.. so needed. Great Sunday for the EPL in honesty.

Hawkspur... i know its a hard one, but is AVB the man for that job?

Jury's still out for me but I'm not a fan of sitting deep to protect a lead and the cautiousness around the Everton box today was infuriating. We get in positions to get shots at goal but seem to be doing an Arsenal and trying to pass the ball into the net.

I wasn't a fan of the appointment initially but have given him the benefit of the doubt until now. If we remain this cautious then no, he is not the right man for the job. I still like the bloke who was managing the winning side today, although I suspect his wage packet might be too much for Levy's sensibilities.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":237redy2 said:
Fantastic match, the Liverpool one. They were dead in the water, then that Joe cCole strike brought them to life. Could have had 4 or 5, to be honest. Clear-cut penalty not called against Shelvey. How many is that for us this season? Unreal. Anyway, massive win for the Reds, and could be a turning point in the season for them. The race for 4th is as clear as mud, look at what Arsenal were able to do last season.

Only 4 points from 4th... and what do we have to do to win a pen? its astonishing.. and I hated the pen call on Joe Allen. I understood it, just hate that type of call.

Anyways, great performance from the boys this evening. and the build up play and Joe Cole's run and finish was sublime.

Huntelaar, Walcott, Diame and an wing back in January

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":214mmd9a said:

Diame's apparently out for 3 months and Arsenal apparently will block every move for Walcott in January and risk losing him in the summer for nothing. As for Huntelaar, Arsenal are the big favorites to sign him, with French newspaper L'Equipe reporting that a deal has already been completed, and even if that's true, I doubt Huntelaar would ditch a club in the Champions League, and essentially demote himself, for a Europa League side. If Liverpool were to get any of those guys it'd be big for them but each have massive hurdles to leap over.

No thanks to Spurs, Arsenal fall back behind Everton while Liverpool keeps West Ham from doing the same. I think we all need to agree that this has gotta be the most competitive the EPL has ever been, seeing as we're in December and the difference between 4th place and 12th place being only 4 points.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":38oodugt said:
Uncle Si":38oodugt said:

Diame's apparently out for 3 months and Arsenal apparently will block every move for Walcott in January and risk losing him in the summer for nothing. As for Huntelaar, Arsenal are the big favorites to sign him, with French newspaper L'Equipe reporting that a deal has already been completed, and even if that's true, I doubt Huntelaar would ditch a club in the Champions League, and essentially demote himself, for a Europa League side. If Liverpool were to get any of those guys it'd be big for them but each have massive hurdles to leap over.

No thanks to Spurs, Arsenal fall back behind Everton while Liverpool keeps West Ham from doing the same. I think we all need to agree that this has gotta be the most competitive the EPL has ever been, seeing as we're in December and the difference between 4th place and 12th place being only 4 points.

Real bummer about Diame as well. He was controlling the Liverpool game and having a real nice year.

You continually overestimate the allure of Champions League over tradition... or let's just say global popularity. And Im not worried about any speculation surrounding players at this time. You call it a "demotion" to play for the most storied club in the EPL, maybe in Europe. Sad you havent figured it out yet. Ofcourse this is versus choosing a club like Arsenal who you have said yourself may be moving on from Arsene, so why would he go there? for maybe 3-4 more games? Sure.

As for the rest, 4 points separate 4th from 12th...

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Great match today. Most fun i've have down at the pub in quite some time. Made it even better when the loudmouth Tottenham fan got really excited and kept asking the Liverpool contingent what place on the table we were.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2x24w3u5 said:
You continually overestimate the allure of Champions League over tradition... or let's just say global popularity. And Im not worried about any speculation surrounding players at this time. You call it a "demotion" to play for the most storied club in the EPL, maybe in Europe. Sad you havent figured it out yet. Ofcourse this is versus choosing a club like Arsenal who you have said yourself may be moving on from Arsene, so why would he go there? for maybe 3-4 more games? Sure.

I've never said anything about this being a Champions League over Europa League be all end all decider. What I said was Schalke is in the Champions League Last 16, Liverpool is in the Europa League Last 32. He's probably more likely to stay at Schalke till the end of the season than transfer to Liverpool in January. The real thing I'm thinking is, all the reports are linking Huntelaar to Arsenal, I don't even recall ever seeing anything linking him to Liverpool so I find it hard to believe he could be going there.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":9mn30woo said:
Great match today. Most fun i've have down at the pub in quite some time. Made it even better when the loudmouth Tottenham fan got really excited and kept asking the Liverpool contingent what place on the table we were.

I heard Spurs fans at the game were chanting "Are you watching Arsenal." Don't they feel stupid now :0190l:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2v9eihwk said:
U[url said:
[/url]ncle Si":2v9eihwk]You continually overestimate the allure of Champions League over tradition... or let's just say global popularity. And Im not worried about any speculation surrounding players at this time. You call it a "demotion" to play for the most storied club in the EPL, maybe in Europe. Sad you havent figured it out yet. Ofcourse this is versus choosing a club like Arsenal who you have said yourself may be moving on from Arsene, so why would he go there? for maybe 3-4 more games? Sure.

I've never said anything about this being a Champions League over Europa League be all end all decider. What I said was Schalke is in the Champions League Last 16, Liverpool is in the Europa League Last 32. He's probably more likely to stay at Schalke till the end of the season than transfer to Liverpool in January. The real thing I'm thinking is, all the reports are linking Huntelaar to Arsenal, I don't even recall ever seeing anything linking him to Liverpool so I find it hard to believe he could be going there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...untelaar-to-liverpool-schalke-working-1438293

Here's one, first one on google. Tons more.

You said a move to liverpool would be a demotion. Liverpool is a major major club, regardless of what position they are in. Schalke isn't. That's why huntelaar would go. That's why he won't sign an extension. He wants bigger , regardless of it at Merseyside, London or Madrid.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
To easy to take a run at Arsenal (who were poor but somewhat unlucky) so all plaudits to Bradford City. Gutsy effort

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I've never felt ashamed to call myself a Gooner, but this is the most embarrassed I've ever been. I've also never wanted to admit Wenger should go, but he should resign just to save his dignity as well as the club's because his tactics just aren't working anymore and he's only making things worse by refusing to change. It's not even about buying players anymore. I don't even understand how Wenger could take off Podolski, he admitted he didn't want to go to penalties, if he was so afraid to do it, why not keep Podolski on in case it did happen, simply cause we needed someone who's great at penalties and it's next to impossible to argue against a German being good at them. I'm also becoming more and more convinced Gervinho needs to either play like he did for Lille or he needs to leave, he's someone who shouldn't have been on the field at the end of the match not Podolski. Lastly, I can't blame Vermaelen for losing the game with the missed PK, mainly because he saved Arsenal from what would have been an even more embarrassing regulation time loss. I can blame the Bradford City keeper because he played like he had 20 arms instead of 2 arms, even when we did manage to bombard the Bradford goal with shot after shot, he stopped nearly every one and the one's he didn't the woodwork helped him.

And shut the eff up ISWT.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Oh gate, you know I like you. You know if you didn't get some usually deserved crap on here it would probably be directed st myself.

I didn't watch the game but your summary of the game seems to match the stats afterward. I also expect the same reply if Liverpool were to lose to cellar dwellers.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Classic. I'll have to see if Bradford City's club shop have the DVD on sale yet.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Go ahead and hurl your god damn abuse, I'm too effing upset to give a shit right now.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":25h0fn8o said:
Go ahead and hurl your god damn abuse, I'm too effing upset to give a shit right now.

It could be a lot worse. You know that somewhere someone is not only a die hard Arsenal fan but a fan of the Cardinals as well.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Touche, Peaches.

Gate - I know Woolwich have their wage structure, but, as their wages compare to what RVP wanted and deserves, would you prefer Gervinho and Chamakh or van Persie? (rhetorical question)