Pats will help you on Sunday Night..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welcome back, PatsFan! Believe me, we're rooting for you; and I'd love a rematch in New Orleans. I think it'd be a hell of a game, like the first one. Can you imagine the smack talk from Richard Sherman during the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl? I think ESPN would spend the whole two weeks orgasming.

mikeak

Reaction score
sam1313":9mvmwjt5 said:
Damn mikeak, that was a pretty backhanded compliment....

Am I wrong? I was in a bar drinking so don't recall the names of any players but on that first drive by Houston - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The defender doesn't turn his head at all raises his arms and gets the WR's arm out of the way and no call........... kills the drive. Very clear armguard

Then on the next drive bad PI call against Houston

Later on another one that they even called out on Sportscenter where the WR gave up on the route and a bump as they took different ways to the ball - that is normally called uncatchable

Just saying. Don't get me wrong the NE win was good for us and I was pulling for it. This puts NE within 1 and they will come ready to play on Sunday against the 49ers I just don't like when refs calls the game different depending on who has the ball. Call it tight or call it loose - don't care just be equal

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":3ga2nt1i said:
sam1313":3ga2nt1i said:
Damn mikeak, that was a pretty backhanded compliment....

Am I wrong? I was in a bar drinking so don't recall the names of any players but on that first drive by Houston - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The defender doesn't turn his head at all raises his arms and gets the WR's arm out of the way and no call........... kills the drive. Very clear armguard

Then on the next drive bad PI call against Houston

Later on another one that they even called out on Sportscenter where the WR gave up on the route and a bump as they took different ways to the ball - that is normally called uncatchable

Just saying. Don't get me wrong the NE win was good for us and I was pulling for it. This puts NE within 1 and they will come ready to play on Sunday against the 49ers I just don't like when refs calls the game different depending on who has the ball. Call it tight or call it loose - don't care just be equal

Yea, those calls were iffy and even had Jon Gruden complaining. But I'll take it :D

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Gruden's opinion is just like everyone else.

A lot of those calls can go either way.

mikeak

Reaction score
I agree the PI that was called could go either way that is the risk with contact.

The no-call....... No way that shouldn't be called. In college yes but NFL no way that should be missed. There should be three or four flags thrown as you can see the lack of turning his head from wherever you stand on the field.

I will take it as well but sad when this stuff keeps going on. I am still shocked by the CORRECT intentional grounding call against Brady playing the Hawks.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm actually feeling a little queezy just thinking i will actually be rooting on the patriots and pretty boy brady... i keep picturing him in that god awful bathrobe and ascott in the post game interview after our game.. i so wanted to punch him right in his mouth.... Go Pats!!!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1qmj7ry5 said:
NOTHING is a guarantee win in the NFL. I just think their strength on O (running the ball) goes against our strength on D (run D)

I'd thought that as well before WE went up against the Niners. 175 Rushing Yards later ... and watching our DL getting blasted off the line of scrimmage ... I realized that these guys are pretty good.

Man I sure hope you're right. A Pats victory this Sunday would help us out a ton. :thgeterdone:

hawksfan515

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2fktiede said:
hawker84":2fktiede said:
hope your teams plays as hard as the name you guys have for your stadium, the razor? sounds painful...

SCARY fact.... Pats have NEVER EVER lost in december at the Razor... EVER.. :p

That is pretty good.

My question though, have you beaten any really good teams there? Just wondering, cause the 9ers are pretty darn good!

sturg78

Reaction score
Wasn't it the Pats Sherman was saying was not built to win a fight...or built for 12 rounds or something like that? 9ers are exactly the kind of team that makes a finesse team quit. That absolutely monstrous Oline and Gore bruise you on offense, Willis and that D will make you pay for every catch and run you attempt, etc. I think NE wins thanks to HFA but I think it will be a tough fought game. X-factor is Kap. He plays an above average game managing with his arms and legs and 9ers win.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

Largent80

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2y4vergs said:
I expect my Pats to take care of business in the Razor and defeat the 49ers for you. I just hope your Hawks can close it all out. Because I want a rematch in New Orleans! :)

Well, we as fans can predict all day. However the game needs to be played, and it will remain to be seen if you will win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny, but the more exposure I get to Brady, the less I dislike him. I actually like the dude now. Now that it looks like we have a franchise QB, I'm not as jealous of teams like NE. I actually admire them....Belichick is a hell of a coach. I really like PC, but I'd trade him for Belichick in a minute.

As for the Niners game....the Pats are playing very well against the run. They shut us down, and Houston down...two top rushing offenses. The Niners have a tricky run game; it keeps you off balance while running down your throat. Biggest thing you have going for you is Wilfork (no pun intended). He's having a career year. Hell, I was impressed...he was actually playing against Houston in passing situations. I think this is mostly a wash.

The Pats D is playing well at home. Houston has a lot more weapons than SF, and their QB is a much better downfield passer. The Niners aren't built to come from behind anyways, so I see the Pats getting out in front of SF and staying there. I don't think anyone can stop the Pats offense, especially at home, even SF's very good defense. If Solder can shut down Aldon Smith, I don't see SF getting enough pressure to rattle Brady. Smith isn't better than Watt is, and Watt couldn't get home in time. The Niners have 2 good CBs, but their nickle guy can't hang with Welker, who is having another career year.

I'll say 31-17 Pats win.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sturg78":1uxgjh15 said:
Wasn't it the Pats Sherman was saying was not built to win a fight...or built for 12 rounds or something like that? 9ers are exactly the kind of team that makes a finesse team quit. That absolutely monstrous Oline and Gore bruise you on offense, Willis and that D will make you pay for every catch and run you attempt, etc. I think NE wins thanks to HFA but I think it will be a tough fought game. X-factor is Kap. He plays an above average game managing with his arms and legs and 9ers win.

Sherman loves to talk smack, and there's not a more physical team in the league than Seattle :)

But wouldn't you call the Texans physical too? They just got flat out embarrassed.

sturg78

Reaction score
I have not watched a lot of the Texans this year so I was a little short sighted with my statement. There is physical as a player and then there is physical as a team. I know JJ Watts is a baller but have not seen enough to say the same about the rest of the D. I have seen San Fran's D and I know that as a team, like Seattle, they are physical. By physical I mean they make you pay for every yard. No falling forward for 3 yards, no catch and an easy fall to the turf, it always seems to be painful.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody that thought the Texans defense was truly elite didn't look at their schedule for most of the year.

Talk about a
cupcake.jpg
schedule.