Sherman suspension pushed back to next season

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Eat that fourty whiner fans!
I saw ya'll laughing and cheering in your forums!
Cus I lurk, and ya'll lurking now too! hehehehe

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pumpkin:

Oh I agree, Browner dropping that appeal had the FO's hands all over it. Browner really has to trust them to do that for them. I wonder if informal contract extension talks have already commenced ?

makkapakka

Reaction score
First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
makkapakka":1n7mm8fy said:
First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

I just want him on the field. I don't want him to cheat but what's done is done.

makkapakka

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3mq0oc4t said:
I just want him on the field. I don't want him to cheat but what's done is done.

Principled. What would you think if he were a 49er?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
makkapakka":12h7qf88 said:
Zebulon Dak":12h7qf88 said:

Principled. What would you think if he were a 49er?

If Richard Sherman were a 49er I'd want him as far away from the field as possible.

I don't believe Richard Sherman is a cheater. If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

makkapakka

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":16z4zm5n said:
If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

If he made a legit mistake fine, I think he should own up to it. Not make up contradictory excuses.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3tjhdj6o said:
I don't believe Richard Sherman is a cheater. If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

He doesn't look like a donut thief to me! ;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
makkapakka":3usxki27 said:
Zebulon Dak":3usxki27 said:
If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

If he made a legit mistake fine, I think he should own up to it. Not make up contradictory excuses.

I have absolutely no problem with them, from within the rules, using the system and the process to their best advantage. It's not my fault, as a paying fan, a customer, that this happened. Why should I be made to suffer for it? I want Richard Sherman on the field, especially as we make our push into the post season.

makkapakka

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1b38mgk3 said:
Why should I be made to suffer for it?

If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
makkapakka":287hdzb0 said:
Zebulon Dak":287hdzb0 said:

If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?

Let's not be silly. If he tested positive for Adderall and is going to be suspended for 4 games but has the ability to push that suspension to next season then I'm all for it. And if he didn't take Addreall then he has every right to try to prove his case.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
makkapakka":1ojsad07 said:
Zebulon Dak":1ojsad07 said:

The good old Murder comparison :roll: were talking prescription drug here people not Murder, DUI, Sexual Assault.

makkapakka

Reaction score
Wiseguy":2s8s7pzg said:
makkapakka":2s8s7pzg said:
Zebulon Dak":2s8s7pzg said:

The good old Murder comparison :roll: were talking prescription drug here people not Murder, DUI, Sexual Assault.

The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
makkapakka":3s1uv8el said:
The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?

If they were 49ers I'd probably hate them. If there was the possibility that we wouldn't have to play against them I'd be all for it.

Guys get suspended and appeal suspensions all the time. Never once has how I felt about it mattered.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Leonard Little killed a lady. Ray Lewis killed a dude. I never expected Rams or Ravens fans to be mad about the fact that they were still able to play.