Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Image

For the people who give a crap...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/updated-mo ... h-december

Quote:
Markus Wheaton and DeAndre Hopkins are both listed in round one this week. Why? Because they’re both worthy of round one grades. Simple. While a lot of people want to concentrate on Keenan Allen (not included in the first two rounds here) and Justin Hunter (second round projection) I think Wheaton and Hopkins are the two players most likely to succeed from this receiver class. The only receiver who goes higher is Brandon Coleman. He has a much higher ceiling, but he’s likely to need a redshirt year in the NFL to max out his potential. Coleman has much more upside, but isn’t quite as polished in only his second year of college football.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I dig this stuff, English. Thank you.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2988
Thanks for doing these!

I'd be a little surprised if the Hawks took a LB in round 1 that wasn't a "dynamic/playmaker" type but I don't think we could too wrong taking a guy like Arthur Brown. He sounds like a very well rounded, physical player.

Comparing Comparing Arthur Brown & Alec Ogletree

Danny Kelly tweeted that article a bit ago, and it gave a nice breakdown of the two LBs.

Anyways I found it interesting that Arthur Brown was considered an extremely good block shedder, something both KJ and Wagner do well. It might give the defense more freedom to go small and fast upfront at times.

How good is he in coverage? I feel that good coverage is critical for a WLB needs if we are gonna spend a first round pick on one. That or great pass rush ability. Maybe I just like thinking about Alec Ogletree too much. Anyways the point I'm trying to get at is Arthur Brown more run orientated or is plenty good at other things? Do you think his speed size match what Pete and John are looking for? Could Malcolm Smith or a another 4th round find like KJ Wright do the trick if you're not getting a dynamic linebacker in the first?

It is nice though, at each position we have a "hole" or question mark there is a pile of players that might be able to get the job done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9843
Arthur Brown is the younger brother of the Eagles rookie RB Bryce Brown. Football outsiders has been raving about Brown in recent weeks and when I've watched him I quickly understood why Chris Polk got buried on that roster. Brown is a terrific athlete. So if nothing else, Arthur Brown has the bloodline factor working in his favor.

Aurthur Brown is a MLB though. From reading that article it seems he really clicked after moving from outside linebacker to inside linebacker. I'd be fine with drafting him though and moving Wagner to WLB. Wagner is outstanding in man coverage and is growing as a blitzer. I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that Wagner's skillset is equally if not more suited for the weakside.

That said, from what little I've seen of Brown he's not looked very impressive to me. He looks skinny, he misses a lot of tackles, and just doesn't pop off the screen. I need to see more, but my first impression on him wasn't good. Might be a case of a guy being over-rated because of the team he plays for and the family he belongs to (and the prospect rating he had out of high school).


Last edited by kearly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this. You are an English-Badass !!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
kearly wrote:
Arthur Brown is the younger brother of the Eagles rookie RB Bryce Brown. Football outsiders has been raving about Brown in recent weeks and when I've watched him I quickly understood why Chris Polk got buried on that roster. Brown is a terrific athlete. So if nothing else, Arthur Brown has the bloodline factor working in his favor.

Aurthur Brown is a MLB though. From reading that article it seems he really clicked after moving from outside linebacker to inside linebacker. I'd be fine with drafting him though and moving Wagner to WLB. Wagner is outstanding in man coverage and is growing as a blitzer. I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that Wagner's skillset is equally if not more suited for the weakside.

That said, from what little I've seen of Brown he's not looked very impressive to me. He looks skinny, he misses a lot of tackles, and just doesn't pop off the screen. I need to see more, but my first impression on him wasn't good. Might be a case of a guy being over-rated because of the team he plays for and the family he belongs to (and the prospect
rating he had out of high school).


Just one correction, Arthur is the older brother. He went to Miami they transferred back to KStae. The Browns are from Kansas, and at one time Bryce(went to Tenn) was very close to being a Duck. It's curious how Kstate was able to get away with recruiting the Browns and Chris Harper back to Kansas, after Snyder took over again.


Last edited by CPHawk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
For what it's worth, I'd play Brown at the WILL not inside.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2281
I think the 2 are very interesting prospects.

On 1 hand you've got Brown whose undersized but is very consistent. Probably very pro-ready and will come in and start for whomever drafts him.
On the other hand you've got Ogletree whose learning the position, who has more length and size to him and is extremely athletic.

Just looking at their size, Ogletree seems more what PC favors in Lbers- Namely length and athleticism. But would he want to deal with someone who is still learning the position and his consistency would be challenged.

Then again you look at Malcolm Smith who is listed @ 6-0, 226. Yet he's been a solid pickup in the 7th round. Can he be our WILL of the future. Could possibly Korey Toomer 6-2,234 (more of the build of Ogletree) be that guy with a year under his belt in the system next year.

Who would you guys prefer. I don't really like the idea of taking Brown if that means moving Wagner to the outside, I think they you weaken both positions as the growing pains will be amplified. Brown has the size of Lavonte David, whose doing very well in Tampa Bay. So who knows.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2237
We need playmakers..... not LBers.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
T-Sizzle wrote:
We need playmakers..... not LBers.



Might be worth arguing which 'playmaker' we should take as an alternative and why exactly this linebacker in particular isn't worth the pick. Anyone can say, "we should do this in the draft" without actually looking at the players that are out there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4349
T-Sizzle wrote:
We need playmakers..... not LBers.


Arthur Brown is a playmaker, just on defense.

That said I wouldn't mind an offensive weapon in the first for Wilson. I like Rice and Tate but behind them it's pretty bare.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Hasselbeck wrote:
T-Sizzle wrote:
We need playmakers..... not LBers.


Arthur Brown is a playmaker, just on defense.

That said I wouldn't mind an offensive weapon in the first for Wilson. I like Rice and Tate but behind them it's pretty bare.


You don't draft depth in the 1st round Hasselbeck. We can wait for the second to make an investment in a 3rd WR/potential to be a #2 or #1 guy.

I'd like more pass rush. That is something you can never have enough of, and we clearly still don't have enough as this season has shown.

Probably from the DT position, but I'm not gonna say no to a stud DE PC and JS can fit in the defense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1890
Location: Vancouver, Wa
hawksfan515 wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
T-Sizzle wrote:
We need playmakers..... not LBers.


Arthur Brown is a playmaker, just on defense.

That said I wouldn't mind an offensive weapon in the first for Wilson. I like Rice and Tate but behind them it's pretty bare.


You don't draft depth in the 1st round Hasselbeck. We can wait for the second to make an investment in a 3rd WR/potential to be a #2 or #1 guy.


Teams draft depth in the first round all the time. Especially good teams drafting in the late first who are loaded with talent (where hopefully we are). Good teams don't ignore the value of a good player because he's not a Day 1 starter.

As long as they fit a role on this team that we are lacking, and do so pretty well, I could care less if it's a big role or not and I don't think the front office will care either, ex. Bruce Irvin.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 499
Te'o in #3? He's not MLB


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Carmon1274 wrote:
Te'o in #3? He's not MLB


He's not MLB?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:52 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4349
hawksfan515 wrote:
You don't draft depth in the 1st round Hasselbeck. We can wait for the second to make an investment in a 3rd WR/potential to be a #2 or #1 guy.


We did this year.

And I'm sure a WR would see the field. In all honesty though the guy we select, no one will probably expect.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Hasselbeck wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
You don't draft depth in the 1st round Hasselbeck. We can wait for the second to make an investment in a 3rd WR/potential to be a #2 or #1 guy.


We did this year.

And I'm sure a WR would see the field. In all honesty though the guy we select, no one will probably expect.



you know what, you actually got me there. My bad Hasselbeck. You are right about Irvin, he is being groomed to be a LEO, but for now he is just situational.

I guess my point was:

1. Rice/Tate/Baldwin are a good receiving corps for me (their TD numbers are amazing).

2. I just don't see many guys who would eventually start over them in the draft. They do their job's well......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Receiver is a crucial need. Let's say Sidney Rice gets injured today... it's not like he hasn't had injury issues in his career. Suddenly you're pretty much relying on Golden Tate and Baldwin. If you want to run a 3WR set, you're putting Jermaine Kearse on the field. We have to make life as easy as possible for Wilson, and that means having good depth at WR.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Is Everything
Not that I give a toot about McShay but if I read it right he had Barkley out of the first completely. I always thought he was the second coming of Clausen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Not that I give a toot about McShay but if I read it right he had Barkley out of the first completely. I always thought he was the second coming of Clausen.


If you're talking about height, hair colour and the fact both grew up in California... they're pretty similar.

Apart from that... nothing alike at all.

McShay had Barkley as the #1 player on his board coming into the year. Up and down like a yo-yo.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
Barkley has the arm strength of Leinart, though not the laziness and need to be in the party spotlight. He can be a on again off again starter for 10-12 years, with a up side of being similar to Hass, if he gets in the right system with a great QB coach.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest 2013 mock featuring two rounds...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Is Everything
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Not that I give a toot about McShay but if I read it right he had Barkley out of the first completely. I always thought he was the second coming of Clausen.


If you're talking about height, hair colour and the fact both grew up in California... they're pretty similar.

Apart from that... nothing alike at all.

McShay had Barkley as the #1 player on his board coming into the year. Up and down like a yo-yo.


Barkley's performance or McShay's analysis? Both shoes fit.

Shcrager at Fox now has three QB's in the first. None named Barkley. Now, even I think that's going to far.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CPHawk, General Manager, InadvertentSmell, Mtjhoyas, pugs1, Veilside, Wenhawk and 15 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.