Better Running Back

• Shaun Alexnader

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Marsahwn Lynch

Votes: 152 75.6%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
I was looking for some vids of Curt, found one for his second season back from injury but hard to dig them up, was looking for his rookie year which if you seen the KC game was jaw dropping.

Trouble I had was Kurt Warner dominated the search.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Depends on the line.

With a great oline I take Alexander - he had such great vision,instincts and moves and significantly better top end speed than Marshawn.

With a great oline, obviously Lynch would be great but not-Alexander great.

Where Lynch gets the adavantage is if the the oline isn't special. Marshawn can run the ball not matter what the blocking is like becasue he is so hard to tackle and plays with so much passion.

If I have to draft one not knowing what my line is like I am taking Lynch because he is instant running game and brings a toughness that SA never did. I think both guys are ideally suited to the versions of the Seahawks teams they play on. Marshawn would never look as bas as SA did when the line collapsed though.

Give me Marshawn, I much prefer the identity that his style provides of Alexander's - and I am big fan of SA but his running was condusive to looking great behind a great oline.

Lynch is all heart, SA was the natural.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
No one can ever downplay Alexander's accomplishments and he was absolutely great for us, but go to YouTube and watch a video of all 28 of his TDs in 05. Soooo many from about 3 yards out and even his longer ones were pretty much untouched.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
It's my understanding that Lynch has never been behind an offensive line like our 2005 line, so to say he wouldn't do as well is not accurate IMO. And Lynch is just now getting a passing game to supplement the run which SA had the majority of his career.