Running up the score against the Niners.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
49fansince70":28pasy13 said:
It's interesting from a pyschological viewpoint why fans of team 'A' hate fans of team 'B'. The level of hatred is clearly proportional to the rivalry, so we'll see things like Seahawk fans saying Patriot fans are cool, while Ravens and Jets fans don't think very highly of their rivals to the north.

It's just another facet of tribalism, which we see in politics, sports, or that creation vs. evolution stuff. We all belong to different sets of tribes, and political parties attempt to align their 'beliefs' with those of the most populous tribes (I presume by polling and learning from election results).

So while I don't understand why you guys would prefer to be fans of a team like the Seahawks when you could be fans of the 49ers, the greatest team of all time with the greatest fans ever, I would never hold it against you, especially if I ever run for office.

Most of you guys weren't saying that a couple years ago...most weren't saying anything at all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
49fansince70":1k86ps6k said:
so we'll see things like Seahawk fans saying Patriot fans are cool,

No, seriously; the Patriots fans that came here WERE cool. Significantly friendlier and more intelligent in debating than any other franchise I've ever seen come to this forum. It surprised all of us. If it makes you feel better to think it's just a result of a lack of rivalry, however, then by all means; don't let me stop you.

49fansince70

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qq1qh7e said:
49fansince70":1qq1qh7e said:

No, seriously; the Patriots fans that came here WERE cool. Significantly friendlier and more intelligent in debating than any other franchise I've ever seen come to this forum. It surprised all of us. If it makes you feel better to think it's just a result of a lack of rivalry, however, then by all means; don't let me stop you.

I imagine fans are more civil with each other when their teams aren't big rivals. All I'm saying is, if you were to draw up a bell curve with obnoxious fans on one side, and cordial fans on the other, the curves would be similar for fans of all teams.

twelfman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xvedjbbw said:
49fansince70":xvedjbbw said:

Yeah they were very surprisingly nice and knowledgable

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
49fansince70":5cdi9p0u said:
So while I don't understand why you guys would prefer to be fans of a team like the Seahawks when you could be fans of the 49ers, the greatest team of all time with the greatest fans ever, I would never hold it against you, especially if I ever run for office.

:pukeface:

gargantual

Reaction score
-The Glove-":13vlnusx said:
49fansince70":13vlnusx said:
It's interesting from a pyschological viewpoint why fans of team 'A' hate fans of team 'B'. The level of hatred is clearly proportional to the rivalry, so we'll see things like Seahawk fans saying Patriot fans are cool, while Ravens and Jets fans don't think very highly of their rivals to the north.

It's just another facet of tribalism, which we see in politics, sports, or that creation vs. evolution stuff. We all belong to different sets of tribes, and political parties attempt to align their 'beliefs' with those of the most populous tribes (I presume by polling and learning from election results).

Most of you guys weren't saying that a couple years ago...most weren't saying anything at all.
Yeah. funny how many crickets we could hear from their direction for the decade before last year. Look up the word "bandwagon" in the dictionary and you'll see a Whiner's picture.

I appreciate Niner fans like BOX or a few others that come onto a SEAHAWKS fan site and offer reasoned opposition insight, but all the rest of these a-hole trolls: just go AWAY! You won't see me posting on their sites with homer BS, are they really THAT insecure that they have to do that?

49fansince70

Reaction score
gargantual":2hkan60w said:
-The Glove-":2hkan60w said:
49fansince70":2hkan60w said:

Yeah. funny how many crickets we could hear from their direction for the decade before last year. Look up the word "bandwagon" in the dictionary and you'll see a Whiner's picture.

I appreciate Niner fans like BOX or a few others that come onto a SEAHAWKS fan site and offer reasoned opposition insight, but all the rest of these a-hole trolls: just go AWAY! You won't see me posting on their sites with homer BS, are they really THAT insecure that they have to do that?

I'm dismayed that my ironic comment (the one in bold) was taken so literally.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":bmhkdwii said:
Drop a 60 burger on em.

You beat the Bills by 33. Well done. We beat them by 42. You are not playing a bad team this time, and we have a better quarterback than the last time you played us. This will not be a blow out. Both of these teams are too good for a blow out to occur, but Russel Wilson and the Seahawks are NOT Tom Brady and the Patriots. I doubt you even get much past 20.

Scottemojo":bmhkdwii said:
NorCal":bmhkdwii said:
This thread is funny
Agreed. If the Hawks won this game by 4, it would feel like we ran up the score to me. We are not good enough to be talking about blowing out the Niners.

Some dudes are still high on the 58-0 smoke.

I was here a couple of years ago. :th2thumbs:

But really, this rivalry is new ground here. We were always concerned about the Cardinals, not the Seahawks, and with the connection between the two teams during the late 90s (Holmgren, Ricky Watters, etc) I often found myself rooting for you guys when the 49ers were eliminated. But now? Now both teams are good. Rivalry Mode Engaged.

Shaz

Reaction score
I love the Rivalry between the Seahawks/Niners, it's a true rivalry given how both teams are built and how physical they play

patranus

Reaction score
LOL - Hand 50 on Arizona and Buffalo and Seahawks fans think their offense is hot shit and can run up the score against the best defense in the NFL. Laughable.
Alex "the bust" Smith could have put a 50 spot (45) on Buffalo if the 49ers were classless and wanted to run up the score.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
patranus":3iotppm3 said:
LOL - Hand 50 on Arizona and Buffalo and Seahawks fans think their offense is hot shit and can run up the score against the best defense in the NFL. Laughable.
Alex "the bust" Smith could have put a 50 spot (45) on Buffalo if the 49ers were classless and wanted to run up the score.

Listen here, Pat R. Anus, The Hawks eased up to keep the score to 50. Every coach we drop 50 on is going to get fired, so we will probably keep the numbers against the Digits a little lower. But only because we want to keep Harbaugh around a little longer.

By the end of the next game, you will be begging for Alex to be your starter again.

BayArea

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ljtgduq said:
I have fantasies about beating the Whiners by like, five scores. Seriously. I want to do it so badly, I hate their fan base. Compare the Niners "fans" that come to this forum during rivalry week, as compared to the Patriots fans we got earlier this year. Talk about night and day.

Please. The Seahawks fans that troll our boards are by far the most absurd fans of all. Last season we endured crap talk all season and the Seahawks weren't even winning. Not even legit football talk just trolling and hating just to hate. Then the classless fans came back to taunt us after we lost in the NFC championship. As if the Seahawks had gotten anywhere near that game or the playoffs.

Talks of blowouts and running up the score on us in this thread is some of the most laughable stuff I have read in awhile.

Would be lucky to break 27 on our defense and certainly not the 50+ some of you are talking about. Seriously? Carroll shamelessly ran up the score on two blowout prone teams. Wont get anywhere near that against us don't see how you can say otherwise.

The Radish

Reaction score
BayArea":51yjrh38 said:
RolandDeschain":51yjrh38 said:
I have fantasies about beating the Whiners by like, five scores. Seriously. I want to do it so badly, I hate their fan base. Compare the Niners "fans" that come to this forum during rivalry week, as compared to the Patriots fans we got earlier this year. Talk about night and day.

Please. The Seahawks fans that troll our boards are by far the most absurd fans of all. Last season we endured crap talk all season and the Seahawks weren't even winning. Not even legit football talk just trolling and hating just to hate. Then the classless fans came back to taunt us after we lost in the NFC championship. As if the Seahawks had gotten anywhere near that game or the playoffs.

Talks of blowouts and running up the score on us in this thread is some of the most laughable stuff I have read in awhile.

Would be lucky to break 27 on our defense and certainly not the 50+ some of you are talking about. Seriously? Carroll shamelessly ran up the score on two blowout prone teams. Wont get anywhere near that against us don't see how you can say otherwise.

Exactly what we get on this end.

We've finally found a few of you that come here we can just talk football with and we prefer that. I think you'll find for the most part its the younger posters that tend to be like that. Not pointing fingers but it seems true.

Yes we're rivals but I was on the field with John Brodie while in the Coast Guard in Alameda in the 60s. so have a soft spot in my heart for fans of that era.

:les:

The Radish

Reaction score
patranus":290talvp said:

Aww but you've had your dumbassed days this season too. Don't be so quick to take offense.

you don't have to be offensive about it either. Can't we just have football conversations and be done with it?

Funny no one here has said a word to you about the pityful times you had just 2 years ago and before. We realize we all have our time. Yours actually was during the 80s but you have done little since until now. But the book is still being written.

Telling us now well you did years ago doesn't wash with us here.

:roll: