OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1x51adnr said:
hawksfan515":1x51adnr said:
MontanaHawk05":1x51adnr said:
That list pretty much matches my ballot(s), except for Jon Ryan as punter.

You don't have Russell Wilson at QB??

Wilson is the kind of QB who will rack up more Super Bowls than Pro Bowl nods or MVP awards.

Well Troy Aikman (a QB i think Wilson compares well to) went to pro bowls. I definitely wouldn't count Wilson out yet....

VHawk

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":31hx7f0n said:
VHawk":31hx7f0n said:
I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.

As a Seahawk fan, I like when players don't have to miss 25% of the season for stupid decisions of taking PEDs.

I guess your view is that because he's a Seahawk then he has free reign and doesn't have to be accountable. Gotcha.

No my view is that Sherm is an absolute beast at corner that as of right now is only accused of taking peds.I have to believe a supposed fan that would say what you have is either not a fan or is the type of fan that doesnt like Richard Sherman because he is a very vocal and confident player that talks alot of trash.What U mad bro because we have good players that can talk trash to Tom Brady and back it up?Make whatever excuse you want to be a player hater.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":22be0nvi said:
fridayfrenzy":22be0nvi said:
VHawk":22be0nvi said:
I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.

As a Seahawk fan, I like when players don't have to miss 25% of the season for stupid decisions of taking PEDs.

I guess your view is that because he's a Seahawk then he has free reign and doesn't have to be accountable. Gotcha.

If he is cleared at appeal, are you still going to think he took them?

At this point in time, he is guilty. The sample was positive for PEDs.

If the appeal reverses the decision, then I will be very happy but many people are acting like this is an "innocent until proven guilty" situation, and it simply isn't. Sherman has been found guilty and the appeal process is to attempt to reverse the decision ruled on.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
VHawk":2onn1dfe said:
No my view is that Sherm is an absolute beast at corner that as of right now is only accused of taking peds.

Incorrect. He failed the drug test and the ruling is a 4 game suspension. He is in the appeal process. The appeal process is the attempt to reverse the guilty ruling to innocent.

MeenReen

Reaction score
Seriously guys. I barely even post here, but it's ridiculous how quick you all are to defend Sherm in his appeals process. I get that you want him to win his appeal (so do I), but to defend someone that tested positive just because he is one of the most important cogs on the team is a little homerish (yeah, that's a word). Are you all really saying that you believe that he pinpointed his positive drug test to a time (two months prior) where he drank water out of a teammates water bottle that had crushed up Aderall in it? Do you all remember every sip of water you've taken in the past two months? Why didn't he have his own water? There are people being paid 50k+ to make sure the athletes on the Hawks are hydrated. Why did the other dude feel the need to freebase it? Didn't he try to say it was a player who had a prescription? Would that type of player be crushing it up to get a quicker release into his system?

I applaud the poster who was being realistic.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3awjxkk9 said:
hawksfan515":3awjxkk9 said:
VHawk":3awjxkk9 said:
Thanks for visiting .NET Roger Goodell.

+1
Oh no, a Seahawk fan who doesn't have the same opinion as me.

So, are you of the opinion that Richard Sherman doesn't have a Pro Bowl skill set? Or just that he doesn't deserve to be voted in to the actual pro bowl? Because it's blatantly obvious he's a top 5 corner, with and/or without PED's.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
MeenReen":2wumw5f9 said:
Seriously guys. I barely even post here, but it's ridiculous how quick you all are to defend Sherm in his appeals process. I get that you want him to win his appeal (so do I), but to defend someone that tested positive just because he is one of the most important cogs on the team is a little homerish (yeah, that's a word). Are you all really saying that you believe that he pinpointed his positive drug test to a time (two months prior) where he drank water out of a teammates water bottle that had crushed up Aderall in it? Do you all remember every sip of water you've taken in the past two months? Why didn't he have his own water? There are people being paid 50k+ to make sure the athletes on the Hawks are hydrated. Why did the other dude feel the need to freebase it? Didn't he try to say it was a player who had a prescription? Would that type of player be crushing it up to get a quicker release into his system?

He denied the water from a teammate story, none of us really know anything. The fact that he's still fighting knowing that he's risking missing playoff games gives me hope that he is being honest.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
MeenReen":3vzt8uuj said:

I believe that Sherman already refuted the "I drank water out of a teammates water bottle theory" publicly, and with how secretive the whole PED process is, any actual assumption of what did or did not happen is speculation.

And for what it's worth, there ARE false positive tests, bad samples, bad handlers. Mistakes DO happen, not often, but enough that no one can "know" that he's "guilty". Did I mention it's all speculation?

Oh, and optimism (homerism!) and realism don't have to be mutually exclusive. They CAN coexist. There's a REAL chance that Sherman is telling the truth, or that the appeal could overturn the ruling and he wouldn't serve his suspension.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Friday=9er fan :141847_bnono:
:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Atradees

Reaction score
I voted for Sherman, Gioc-a-meanie, Thomas, DangeRuss, Unger, Tate and Rice, and that was it.

Not in the PED wagon. Personally I would kick butt or whatever for a decent job let alone millions.

MeenReen

Reaction score
You guys are saying that he is refuting the "drinking from a teammates water bottle" story, but it was HIS initially excuse in the first place. He's trapped in a lie and is trying to ride it out for the team. We all know that is the truth. I'm glad he is doing it, because we'll stagger the suspensions..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2k7wli0l said:
I'd call him the smart guy. Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

Hey closet 49ers fan, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. You're certainly not needed around here. If you feel that way, that's fine, but the way you said it and how you come off with it is horrible and juvenile.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
VHawk":2tdwj2ni said:
Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.[/quote]

Friday? you are about as popular around here as a turd in a punchbowl.
First off, YOU don't have proof one way or the other about Sherman. :141847_bnono:

pinksheets

Reaction score
MeenReen":qjt8lkgk said:
You guys are saying that he is refuting the "drinking from a teammates water bottle" story, but it was HIS initially excuse in the first place. He's trapped in a lie and is trying to ride it out for the team. We all know that is the truth. I'm glad he is doing it, because we'll stagger the suspensions..
No it wasn't. It was reported that it was, but immediately after that came out Sherman was contacted and said there is no truth to that.

Sherman never said that, nobody representing Sherman ever said that, some unnamed NFL source reported it to some guy on Twitter. It turned out to be bogus.

kearly

Reaction score
Get ready for Luck making the Pro-bowl and Wilson not making it. It's going to happen. The AFC is very thin at QB compared to the NFC. After Brady/Manning, it's not that great a list.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The test results came out in September, before the season even started. His performance is unquestionably pro bowl worthy and you can bet your house he hasn't been doing ped's to accomplish that.
I could understand in a case like the Smith brothers in Minny, where there performance came down to an average level after being popped but that is not the case here. Shermans performance this year has been all Sherman.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
pinksheets":3rcltjjj said:
MeenReen":3rcltjjj said:
No it wasn't. It was reported that it was, but immediately after that came out Sherman was contacted and said there is no truth to that.

Sherman never said that, nobody representing Sherman ever said that, some unnamed NFL source reported it to some guy on Twitter. It turned out to be bogus.

BS. No we don't know that is the truth. Speak for yourself and let others do the same. Can you cite the source (an actual name) that originally published the 'teammate's water bottle' scenario? I'm doubtful, because I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. If it came from Sherman or his agent, there has been no documentation of it and as stated, Sherman denied it immediately.

That does not mean he's innocent, but it indicates that there's no harm in withholding judgment until the process plays out along official procedures.