EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its honestly a s*** show for Arsenal. Already fading in league play, desperate for a trophy and appeasing a fragile fan base, they suffer what may be the most emabarrassing loss of a top EPL team in some years (i struggle to think of another).

Gate, its so much like you to harass Wenger on this, but come on. If he's to blame, its for the players that are on the pitch, not the tactics or style. Blame him for selling Fabregas, Van Persie, Song. Blame him for creating a culture in which those three felt the want to leave.

Blame him for putting Carzola, Gervinho, Ox, Podolski, and Chamalk on the pitch. Good lord. Maybe they were unlucky. Its quite clear that they were out of position. But this is a 4th tier team. This is nearly a men's league team ffs. Not florists, teachers and grocers, but you'd think players of the quality you have given to this Arsenal squad they could manage and overcome hitting the bar. A decent team wins this game 6-1.

This is on the players. Carzola couldnt take over. Ox and Gervinho gave the ball up impatiently and impetuously. Chamakh is a disaster. Podolski... i mean you'd think a German international star could take over a game against a 4th tier English club team.

THis isnt Wnger's fault, as a coach (if he ran this lineup on the weekend and lost then yes). Its his fault in trusting these players to manage a simple task

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I refuse to say Arsenal have become mediocre, because they aren't. They have however put in mediocre performances out there on a constant basis since October. I'm actually one of those people who have been defending Wenger left and right, and outright abusing Piers Morgan, among others, on twitter with every Anti-Wenger comment. Now, I said it was Wenger's fault because he keeps putting faith in players that let him and the club down. Gervinho started the season on fire, then he stomped himself out and has been killing almost any momentum Arsenal seem to get. And I've almost run out of patience with Ramsey as he has 1 good game and then 5 horrific piece of crap games. This Arsenal squad is capable of so much more but they are letting the fans down, they are letting the club down, and they are letting themselves down. And his strategy and tatics aren't working as well as they used to, he's either gotta fix it, evolve it, or just call it quits and leave. I've been convinced since mid-November that buying players won't solve this, it'll be the equivalent of using a trash bag on a broken window.

Smurf

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2iz2fvzz said:
I refuse to say Arsenal have become mediocre, because they aren't. They have however put in mediocre performances out there on a constant basis since October. I'm actually one of those people who have been defending Wenger left and right, and outright abusing Piers Morgan, among others, on twitter with every Anti-Wenger comment. Now, I said it was Wenger's fault because he keeps putting faith in players that let him and the club down. Gervinho started the season on fire, then he stomped himself out and has been killing almost any momentum Arsenal seem to get. And I've almost run out of patience with Ramsey as he has 1 good game and then 5 horrific piece of crap games. This Arsenal squad is capable of so much more but they are letting the fans down, they are letting the club down, and they are letting themselves down. And his strategy and tatics aren't working as well as they used to, he's either gotta fix it, evolve it, or just call it quits and leave. I've been convinced since mid-November that buying players won't solve this, it'll be the equivalent of using a trash bag on a broken window.

B350b154 2c1e 42b9 939d bbd84023a51d

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Wow, you guys really don't understand that there's a difference between being mediocre and performing mediocre? That's sad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It
Gatehawk":3fh5i1t1 said:
Wow, you guys really don't understand that there's a difference between being mediocre and performing mediocre? That's sad.
It has to be us.... and everyone else in the media and football world taking note and smiles over Arsenals plight.

Your club is mediocre right now. You sold stars and bout above average potential. Its not working

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
If Arsenal are mediocre, then what does that say about Liverpool and Spurs? Arsenal didn't go from winning a match to losing it in the span of 88 seconds. At least Arsenal don't rely on a guy who's a habitual diver and been accused of racism. You wanna call Arsenal mediocre, fine go right ahead, then I have the right to call your favorite clubs worthless pieces of shit that are nothing more than a waste of space and everybody's time. And you guys, who obviously feel the need to be a bunch of self-centered, stuck up, over-conceited morons, can go to hell and burn.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":dbr0z64w said:
If Arsenal are mediocre, then what does that say about Liverpool and Spurs? Arsenal didn't go from winning a match to losing it in the span of 88 seconds. At least Arsenal don't rely on a guy who's a habitual diver and been accused of racism. You wanna call Arsenal mediocre, fine go right ahead, then I have the right to call your favorite clubs worthless pieces of shit that are nothing more than a waste of space and everybody's time. And you guys, who obviously feel the need to be a bunch of self-centered, stuck up, over-conceited morons, can go to hell and burn.

Can you be "over-conceited"? Is that like "hugely large"?
(Gate... you're a child. Take your lumps. You're squad lost to a 4th tier team)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":d0qy0ttf said:
Christ on a bike.

Top 4 team? Thankfully the entirety of the PL is mediocre right now. But jesus, 29 shots and one goal. We don't have the quality to finish our chances and are far too naive in defending in the 433.

We need two finishers and a quality back in january. And that's IF we want to finish in top 10

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Is it just me or was a few days ago, someone said Arsenal are mediocre, today it's expanded to the entirety of the EPL.

Anyways, just wanted to get your thoughts about something I heard about on twitter. According to the Manchester Evening News, Ca$hmir Na$ri has started weighing up the option of returning to Arsenal and has been in contact with Wenger. Now I feel if he does come back, which I doubt would happen without some form of anger from other Arsenal fans, he better prepare an extremely good apology for his asinine remarks after he joined City, and even then it'll take a hell of a lot more to be forgiven. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing, he was a good player when he was with the Gunners, but he sure as hell wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms.

On a slightly related note, Jack Wilshere has announced he has no plans to leave Arsenal anytime soon and said he'll be signing a new long term contract in the next few weeks. Now if only Walcott would follow Jack's example.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xe2ilp9 said:
Gatehawk":1xe2ilp9 said:
Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.

No. Not even close. Gary Neville is probably the worst football pundit there's ever been. Even worse than Le Tissier. Arsenal being dumped out of the QF of the league cup by lowly Bradford is MUCH worse than Chelsea losing in the final of a meaningless cup to the CONCACAF champions league winners.

Arsehole.
You're absolutely right except for one thing, peaches.

Corinthians is from CONMEBOL, not CONCAFAF. They're a Brazilian squad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, this is why we give you so much on this board...

With 4 points separating 12th from 4th we all knew the league was mediocre. Had said it many times previous and continually discuss the faults of our favorite clubs openly. You can't admit that your team is in that bunch of mediocrity, continually attempt to vindicate them against the face of reality and are now trying to wash over a loss to a 4th tier team with a half arsed remark about chelseas loss to a brazilian top tier team (I know it was neville that said it)

The PL is mediocre at the moment. It lacks dynamic players, strong leadership, financial stability and heart. Its phasing out its most passionate fans through financial exorbitance and global marketing. We realize it and our clubs place in it. You seem to feel Arsenal are somehow washed over by it but still dry. Either way. I appreciate your devotion to your club but we do that with our friends. On here we try and "talk" football and try to be rationale about it.

To your question, I wouldn't have Nasri on Liverpool and he's done nothing to my club. I can't imagine Arsenal would go near him. Have to imagine the whole thing is media speculation

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ijpr0hs said:
Fair enough. My bad. The point still stands, though. Gate's a muppet.

I never said Neville's comment is right. However he does have a point about it, that's the fourth trophy opportunity this season that Chelsea, Lost the Community Shield(that one's okay to lose), Lost the UEFA Super Cup(while getting raped in the process by Falcao), Knocked out of the CL in the Group Stage(First defending champ to do so), Loses in the Club World Cup final despite being overwhelming favorites, not to take anything away from Corinthians considering they're a damn good team, and I emphasize the word TEAM.

The loss by emphasizes the point I believe Si is trying to make about claiming the EPL is mediocre this year. I still refuse to admit Arsenal is mediocre but rather admit they haven't played to the potential I felt the squad had at the beginning of the year. Arsenal have a number of talented players(i.e. Cazorla and Podolski), but they also have talented players who refuse to live up to the hype or shoot themselves in the foot a lot(i.e. Arshavin and Gervinho). But this does prove a point of the lack of team effort in most of the English squads, most of the players are on certain teams because that team pays them the most money whereas in Brazil, those players have so much passion for the club they play for and are willing to sacrifice individual glory if it brings glory for the entire team.

The comments by Neville are of his own opinion and there will be people who agree with him and those who won't. I won't say he's 100% right because it's hard, damn near impossible even, to trump a top tier club losing to a 4th tier club for most embarrassing loss. But at the same time he isn't 100% wrong because Chelsea were the defending European Champions, though you wouldn't know it by looking at how they did it and what they've followed it up with so far, and they were just as big of favorites to win that match as Arsenal were against Bradford. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if someone who completely agrees with Neville argues that a Brazilian club, like Corinthians, are the equivalent of a 4th tier English club, which they aren't and people would be dumbasses to think that. It's down to a matter of opinion here and I'll agree Arsenal had the more embarrassing loss, though Chelsea's loss is embarrassing as well, just not as much.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30z7m0wl said:
ffs Gate give it a rest....

I'll give it a rest when you guys stop bagging on Arsenal just because I mentioned a freaking quote that just happened to have them in it. The quote was Neville's opinion, but you jerks act as if I was the one that said it and not him. Hell I bet you didn't even read the whole thing I said cause I said Arsenal's exit from the COC was more embarassing, but you are giving off the impression that you think I'm defending Arsenal. So how's about you give it a rest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RIts an issue of scemantics and understanding what the word "mediocre" truly means. But regardless, the majority of PL teams are toothless and lack creativity this year. Chelseas loss to Corinthians further exasperates it.. Maybe the Jan. Window will bring new blood.

But Gate, to your defense of Arsenal, everything you say about them confirms there mediocrity. In defending them (they aren't playing to potential, players aren't trying, coach refuses to adjust) tyoure only further confirming their mediocrity. It doesn't matter either way. You act as if we give you more about arsenal than we do any other team, including our own.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Lets see here, Arsenal played great yesterday for 85 minutes and Reading played well for all of 5 minutes. That final score was the biggest illusion of the game seeing as if it weren't for 2 mistakes by Gibbs and the Reading keeper it could have been 10-0 easily. Reading was so horrendous that it was almost like they were hand delivering Arsenal chances left and right.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

On the transfer front, it appears David Villa is on Wenger's list, it'd be awesome to get him but I just don't think it'll happen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":14l76vob said:
Gatehawk":14l76vob said:
Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

On the transfer front, it appears David Villa is on Wenger's list, it'd be awesome to get him but I just don't think it'll happen.

Who said the team were in crisis? You beat bottom-of-the-table Wigan 1-0 on a penalty. Hardly a great performance. Muppet.

Gate doesnt understand the difference between "crisis" and "mediocre"... as if it was seahawks.net that were waxing the demise of Wenger only two weeks ago... oh wait, that was the rest of the world.

3 points away is never a bad thing. but its not the sun on the horizon, maybe just a faint light at the end of a long tunnel