Reading this article below, talking about Tebow probably being traded/released by the Jets, got me thinking down the strange path that Tebow could actually be useful as a Seahawk. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ng-its-end
First, does anyone think other NFL teams will *trade* for Tebow or claim him in a way where they have to pay his full salary? Or will Tebow just be released, clear waivers, and then sign an NFL-minimum type deal with a new team?
Second, I'm sure I'm crazy on this, so either chime in and share why each of the hastily-thrown together points is totally insane, or if any of them would actually make sense.
1) He'd be a better 3rd QB than Portis
2) We already have 2 WR's who can, and have, thrown TD passes this season (and didn't Lynch throw one too?). With Tebow at TE, and we could be the first team to have a 10/10 (double-double) TE - throw for 10 TD's and catch 10 TDs. If we played him at H-Back, he could do the triple-double, throw 10 TD's, catch 10 TD's, and run for 10 TD's!
3) Imagine the 3rd-and-1 scenarios that would be possible with Tebow on the field... different places to line up, different options out of those formations, blocking, running, throwing, catching, direct snap, etc. Maybe Tebow could even make Bevell's awful bubble screens work! (catching them)
4) We might be able to trade Flynn if Tebow showed enough as a backup, and save a little money. (Assuming Tebow came cheaper, after being released outright.)
5) Bevell seems to be able to design plays to adapt to players skill sets, and he could probably figure out some dangerous things to do with Tebow; the "End-around Read Option", anyone?
6) Tebow would be interested in coming to Seattle, because he'd know the competition is real. With Carroll's competition system, if Tebow beat out RW in preseason, as fans we'd also know he is the real deal
7) Seattle already has one QB who's not supposed to have been viable in the NFL, and PC found a way to get him to work magic. Who better than Pete and Darrell to take another "unorthodox" QB and work magic with him?
8 ) PC/JS found great ways to use another outstanding college QB, our awesome fullback MRob.
9) With PC's "always compete" system, Tebow would have at least 3 chances to get on the field, between QB, TE, FB.
10) Tebow is one of the few QB's who could physically do what RW does. He could actually develop into a real NFL QB, especially with RW's example to learn from.
11) Tebow would fit the PC philosophy of physicality and toughness.
12) I bet Tebow can catch better than Evan Moore.
FWIW, all the above involve Russell Wilson being on the field also, as the QB, with the exception of Wilson being unavailable/injury.
Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."