Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8884
Location: Covington, Washington
Come on Shaz, get with the hate program! Hee hee ...

9ers are a division rival, they are now the gold standard for the division and looked upon as one of the top teams in the NFL. Our guys need to see cracks in the foundation.

I would give both QBs another season before deeming them the truth. The interception yesterday by Kaep was a hiccup, but he seemed to have kept his cool pretty well. And I am not sure whether a TD took 2 to 3 plays or 18 makes a big difference. Shows more that you can make the big play consistently. Sure, if you score 31 and have milked most of the clock, maybe Brady cannot do the 28 pt comeback but who would turn down the scores?

I like our guy, seems the 9ers like theirs. Also looks like Harbaugh navigated a potential landmine with his decision to go to Kaep. Just makes his fans that much more confident in his leadership.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
Posts: 147
Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we


Game on!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
Young2Rice wrote:
Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.



Unlike the 49ers who were so humble when they beat the snot out of the Jets and Bills earlier this year.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 243
amill87 wrote:
On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.


You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
NorCal wrote:
amill87 wrote:
On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.


You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.


I agree with you there but it think it is a stretch to say Kaep is winning you games. He is helping but your defense is still the shining star.

Whereas for the Hawks, excluding the Cards game, Wilson has been taking over games lately. Our defense has actually let him down in two of our losses. He won the Chicago game pretty much by himself. He completely took over the game yesterday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 194
Location: big black hawk
pehawk wrote:
I'm not wrong about LaMichael. I hope Harbaugh keeps it up with him.

they would have showed up regardless...have you forgetten what week this is??


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 368
Scottemojo wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...

So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.


I doubt it about the diva thing. He's one of those Youth Group attending Christian fanatics, hell bent on trying to live like Jesus.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 300
Location: Reno,NV
Young2Rice wrote:
Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we


Game on!



The beautiful part of it is this:

Every week, Russell has anewgame of his life. He has improved every.single.week. Every week! Of course, a time will come when hr DOESN'T get better the next week, but until I see it, I will continue to be confident that no matter how good he looked last week, next week is gonna be even better!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22932
Location: Kirkland, WA
NorCal wrote:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?


You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 243
RolandDeschain wrote:
NorCal wrote:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?


You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.


Oh come on. The Niners Oline is not the best in the league. Probably the best at run blocking but definitely not at pass blocking. They are like one of the worst at sacks allowed and holding calls.

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2888
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 243
onanygivensunday wrote:
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?


Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22932
Location: Kirkland, WA
NorCal wrote:
I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 375
Location: Vancouver, WA
RW can win the QBR\rating game everytime we play, as long as the Niner Team wins the game I could care less!!!

Go Niners

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm
Posts: 55
RolandDeschain wrote:
NorCal wrote:
I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.


I honestly don't believe that will be a problem for the 49ers. They made a successful adjustment on the snap for the end of the NE game. Things like this rarely repeat immediately because they focus on it in practice. It may come up again after the shame wears off though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22932
Location: Kirkland, WA
I actually hope it's wet & rainy for our game. I want to see how both QBs react. Will DangeRuss still be cool, calm, and collected, with no fumbles; or will he cough a couple up? Can Kaepernick get his slick hands under control, or have another large lot of fumbles in the rain?

I imagine Niners fans wouldn't mind seeing that answered, too.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm
Posts: 159
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... kaepernick

They're both as dangerous as I expected. It should be fun seeing these two go head to head as they evolve and grow. The NFC Best will be just that because of these two guys. Instead having a pissing contest, both fanbases should be excited to see these young guys battle for the division year after year, no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22932
Location: Kirkland, WA
757Niner wrote:
no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).


^

:lol:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm
Posts: 5
I agree. The 49ers O-Line is not all that good at protecting the QB. It is why I laugh a those on other boards who say " their QB has so much time" Its far from true. The 49ers had a very tough time against the Giants and Seahawks because of Alex. Kaepernick changes everything.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2888
NorCal wrote:
onanygivensunday wrote:
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?


Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5302
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
NorCal wrote:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?


:49ersmall: :177692:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm
Posts: 1667
Nope.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 1794
Location: Lacey, WA
Yeah, I think we know the answer to this question now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2988
Hehe. Man that was awesome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22932
Location: Kirkland, WA
Feeling a little sheepish for starting this thread now, Greenhell?

*crickets while waiting for him to respond*

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 243
[/quote]

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.
[/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, Christmas and all. RW definitely looked good and Kap had a bad game for sure. That place was rocking that the Hawks took it to the Niners. Kudos to them. I look forward to the many years of a great rivalry. Obviously, playing at the Clink in primetime is something I hope doesn't happen too often, lol.

Good luck in the playoffs. I do expect the Niners to win this week so any rematch in playoffs will be at the Stick (and NFC Championship as pretty much only possibility).

But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Congratulations, and now we get to see how the Hawks and RW do on the road in the playoffs. When is the last road playoff win the Hawks have had? (had to end with a backhanded compliment :D )


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11211
NorCal wrote:
But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.


Kudos for taking said lumps.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2888
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
NorCal wrote:
But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.


Kudos for taking said lumps.

Agreed.

Now, let both teams rip the rest of the NFC a new one... and may the best team still standing win a SB.

The NFCWest is the BEST.

GO HAWKS!!!!

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BirdsCommaAngry, TriCHawk and 27 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.