Sherman just said he is very optimistic about his appeal...

pehawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1m18agfo said:
Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.

thats why I was at NYC. I made it easier for you. You know, it being a major travel hub and whatnot.

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:
I'm the internet thug - because you keep challenging me to fly somewhere to meet you? That makes me the internet tough guy? I'm an internet douchebag, nothing more or less. But, you keep challenging people to fly 3,000 miles to confront you, gumdrop.

Doesn't matter what YOU think. If that's what occured, that's a major "no-no".

hawkmanj

Reaction score
What else would he say? Richard is always confident, which I love.

I am skeptical that he is going with the same arguement Browner made before taking the suspension that "they tampered with the sample."

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1n0jcwk3 said:
And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:
I love how everyone with literally no knowledge of the situation or how the appeal went act like they know how what happened and how the appeal will go...

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2oqnnxpi said:
NJSeaHawk":2oqnnxpi said:
Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.

thats why I was at NYC. I made it easier for you. You know, it being a major travel hub and whatnot.

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:[/quote]

I'm the internet thug - because you keep challenging me to fly somewhere to meet you? That makes me the internet tough guy? I'm an internet douchebag, nothing more or less. But, you keep challenging people to fly 3,000 miles to confront you, gumdrop.

Doesn't matter what YOU think. If that's what occured, that's a major "no-no".[/quote]

I dont know where you are at. But you insulted me like the internet warrior you are, so I told you where you could find me so you could do it face to face.
And it doesnt matter what I think? Thanks for the update, genius. This is a board as a fan where I can say what I want.

pehawk

Reaction score
I insult everyone, but mainly myself so quit whining, Maria.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sherman should lay off of it....what's he? 3 INTs and 2 pick 6's without it?

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7tvbvszt said:
I cant believe Pehawk's too much of a puss to fly out to New Jersey. Someone take away his man card.

No, I made it easier for him! I told him I was going to be in NYC tonight. that way, at least make a trip out of it!

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1t8aepra said:
Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.

You didn't take notice that he said "The league can break rules but players can't"? He, IMO, wasn't demure because he (now) likely has nothing (more) to lose.

Again, I hope I am wrong and if he wins, like yourself, I will admire his brashness. But not until. Based on what I took away from that interview, if I were Vegas, I'd make the odds 3-1 that he gets the ax. Don't want to piss is anyone's cheerios, especially mine, but I don't want anyone that didn't actually see the interview getting their hopes up, either.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
aside from the personal attacks on me and how dare I post what my opinion is because Im not a lawyer...

the main point of this thread was Sherman's bravado when asked a question. All I was saying is he sounds very optimistic about his appeal. Sure he loves the spotlight and is braggadocious, but to say they broke the rules is saying he isn't worried.

Thats all. Hugs and Kisses to all.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Rocket":3etb5erg said:
sutz":3etb5erg said:
What else is he going to say?

:229031_shrug:

BINGO!

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but what the hell is he supposed to say?
Personally I think he should of said nothing. I think he hurt himself with the comments.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Shut up J.

What the hell are you to rubes fighting about after we just ran up 42 on the friggin Niners and physically dominated them right before Christmas. Wilson has put the fear of God in the rest of the league for the playoffs and you two pick an internal pretend squabble?!

NJ get your ass to the CLink and Pe buys a beer or two.

Shaddup already!

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2qwxrvyc said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2qwxrvyc said:

You didn't take notice that he said "The league can break rules but players can't"? He, IMO, wasn't demure because he (now) likely has nothing (more) to lose.

Again, I hope I am wrong and if he wins, like yourself, I will admire his brashness. But not until. Based on what I took away from that interview, if I were Vegas, I'd make the odds 3-1 that he gets the ax. Don't want to piss is anyone's cheerios, especially mine, but I don't want anyone that didn't actually see the interview getting their hopes up, either.

I think you're reading him wrong, honestly.

Having been in situations like this (obviously not identical) I kept my mouth and middle finger up to the system the entire time. I was advised not to, repeatidly, but knew I was right, so kept it up. I have a feeling Sherman's doing a bit of that. He's a talker, it’s what he does, at all times and in all circumstances.

Talkers talk.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":143an51g said:
HawkWow":143an51g said:
HawkAroundTheClock":143an51g said:

I think you're reading him wrong, honestly.

Having been in situations like this (obviously not identical) I kept my mouth and middle finger up to the system the entire time. I was advised not to, repeatidly, but knew I was right, so kept it up. I have a feeling Sherman's doing a bit of that. He's a talker, it’s what he does, at all times and in all circumstances.

Talkers talk.

Sherm is arguably my favorite player. Believe me, I want to be wrong, but aside from all of the "that's just him" commentary here, how would you explain, or rationalise his comment "the league can break rules but players can't"? (para-phrased). That is the 'in the heat of the moment, eurphoric from the win' comment that is the source of my uncertainty. How does that translate to..."I did nothing wrong"?

pehawk

Reaction score
I have no doubt he tested positive, but they have procedures they MUST follow for HPPA. Its the rules. Its the rules, period, most likely goverened by state and/or federal guidelines.

In Snohomish County you can pull court documents, to Superior Court judges, where I would randomly insert a picture of a geoducks. It made the judges hate every cell in my body, but it was my way of talking trash, in a scenario I knew I'd eventually win. I read Sherms comments like that.

Its Sherman, appeals over, he's gonna talk specifics now.