Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NorCal":25wskehj said:
If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry
I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?

NorCal

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1usm8xey said:
NorCal":1usm8xey said:
If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry
I will.

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?

Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NorCal":1zjicswi said:
I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.

It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
RW can win the QBR\rating game everytime we play, as long as the Niner Team wins the game I could care less!!!

Go Niners

49fansince70

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30d6ana3 said:
NorCal":30d6ana3 said:

It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.

I honestly don't believe that will be a problem for the 49ers. They made a successful adjustment on the snap for the end of the NE game. Things like this rarely repeat immediately because they focus on it in practice. It may come up again after the shame wears off though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I actually hope it's wet & rainy for our game. I want to see how both QBs react. Will DangeRuss still be cool, calm, and collected, with no fumbles; or will he cough a couple up? Can Kaepernick get his slick hands under control, or have another large lot of fumbles in the rain?

I imagine Niners fans wouldn't mind seeing that answered, too.

757Niner

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... kaepernick

They're both as dangerous as I expected. It should be fun seeing these two go head to head as they evolve and grow. The NFC Best will be just that because of these two guys. Instead having a pissing contest, both fanbases should be excited to see these young guys battle for the division year after year, no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).

49erFanFromPac

Reaction score
I agree. The 49ers O-Line is not all that good at protecting the QB. It is why I laugh a those on other boards who say " their QB has so much time" Its far from true. The 49ers had a very tough time against the Giants and Seahawks because of Alex. Kaepernick changes everything.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NorCal":gnv1nl97 said:
onanygivensunday":gnv1nl97 said:
NorCal":gnv1nl97 said:
I will.

Agreed?

Agreed. Good proposal.

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Feeling a little sheepish for starting this thread now, Greenhell?

*crickets while waiting for him to respond*

NorCal

Reaction score
[/quote]

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.
[/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, Christmas and all. RW definitely looked good and Kap had a bad game for sure. That place was rocking that the Hawks took it to the Niners. Kudos to them. I look forward to the many years of a great rivalry. Obviously, playing at the Clink in primetime is something I hope doesn't happen too often, lol.

Good luck in the playoffs. I do expect the Niners to win this week so any rematch in playoffs will be at the Stick (and NFC Championship as pretty much only possibility).

But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Congratulations, and now we get to see how the Hawks and RW do on the road in the playoffs. When is the last road playoff win the Hawks have had? (had to end with a backhanded compliment :D )

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NorCal":gf241vpk said:
But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Kudos for taking said lumps.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3b2i9ve4 said:
NorCal":3b2i9ve4 said:

Kudos for taking said lumps.
Agreed.

Now, let both teams rip the rest of the NFC a new one... and may the best team still standing win a SB.

The NFCWest is the BEST.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Latest posts