A bizarre rule that Leon should probably learn

hawksfan515

Reaction score
If one foot of the players body is out of bounds while touching the football, then the ball is considered out of bounds as well.

Randall Cobb took advantage of a little-known rule to get the Packers terrific field position at the start of the third quarter Sunday. Tennessee’s Rob Bironas kicked off to Cobb, who waited for the ball near his own end zone.

The kickoff landed shy of the Green Bay goal line and rolled nearly to a stop at about the 4. Rather than pick up the ball and return it, Cobb put one foot on the sideline and fielded it — meaning that the kickoff, technically, had landed out of bounds, which led to a penalty against the Titans and gave Green Bay possession on its own 40.

Have seen a few occasions Leon could've done this. Great job by Cobb there.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Leon has definitely done this as a seahawk. I recall the play, just can't remember what game. Google it.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1rzdqvb8 said:
Leon has definitely done this as a seahawk. I recall the play, just can't remember what game. Google it.

I think the play you remember is where the ball rolled out of bounds on it's own. On this play the ball rolled right next to the out of bounds mark, and Cobb did a smart play to insure the penalty. I don't ever remember Leon making a play like this.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If he does it wrong he can get a penalty for illegal touching. If you go out of bounds and are the 1st person to touch it, it is a penalty. I wouldn't trust a ref to call it correctly.