EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think this is what Rodgers has in mind for the Liverpool team. Great high pressure, quick insisive passing and lots of movement off the ball. Fantastic work from Enrique and Johnson at wing back. Gerrards goal looked very similar to Coles against West Ham...

Fulham were not the part today. Never looked like they got off the bus. Made life easy for the Reds today. We need that. Need the confidence. Need the three points. Like to see Suarez net one before its out (and he does!)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xm9zb2k said:
Gatehawk":1xm9zb2k said:
Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

On the transfer front, it appears David Villa is on Wenger's list, it'd be awesome to get him but I just don't think it'll happen.

Who said the team were in crisis? You beat bottom-of-the-table Wigan 1-0 on a penalty. Hardly a great performance. Muppet.

Reread what I said and point out the exact place I said it was a great performance. I didn't even say it was a deserved 3 points. All I said it wasn't a comfortable game, as in the who god damn game. You have to be really dense to think everything I say is pro-Arsenal even when it's obvious I never said anything about the performance itself. As for the crisis thing, most of the critics of Arsenal have said they're in a crisis(namely when they completed their worst start in the Wenger era).

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1qvfr73e said:
Gate doesnt understand the difference between "crisis" and "mediocre"... as if it was seahawks.net that were waxing the demise of Wenger only two weeks ago... oh wait, that was the rest of the world.

3 points away is never a bad thing. but its not the sun on the horizon, maybe just a faint light at the end of a long tunnel

Normally it'd be Arsenal who'd get punished for wasting chances, today it was Wigan who did it, and Wigan deserved something out of the game. It's actually nice to see the Gunners win a game where they weren't at their best rather than draw or lose it, I'd rather not have it be that way but oh well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=tacticsandanalysis&id=595

Interesting breakdown of Sturridge joining Liverpool, from a statistical perpsective. Does worry me a bit, but his advantages have to be more than Downong, despite current form (yeah for first goal in the PL!)

Gate, no need to apologize for three points on the road. Those are the points that separate Euro play from CL

Peaches is spot on, Chelsea still with two games in hand, Liverpool (and two others) only 5 points off 4th. January will be a massive month of football and transfers (villas not moving, Gate)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I never said Villa is leaving Barca, all I said was it'd be awesome if Arsenal ever got him.

I could care less how we got the 3 points honestly, it could have been Al Habsi kicking the ball into his own net and I'd take it.

And Peaches Arsenal is gonna have a game in hand themselves cause of the postponement of the West Ham match cause of the idiot subway workers going on strike, so it seems as if everyone does.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Here's a Arsenal fan reviewing the Wigan match. I normally watch his videos and I tend to agree with the points he brings up, even if I'm unwilling to admit it.

[youtube]tEViK7dEQDI[/youtube]

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3baajav6 said:
Gatehawk":3baajav6 said:
And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.

CORRECT. Finally we agree, Gate. Roy Keane used to be one of the dirtiest bastards on the pitch. Did Fergie ever say anything? Did he shite....

Its a Christmas miracle! !

And yeah.... Fergie has lost the plot.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Fergie's descent into madness continues as he has been berating the referee, the 4th official and an assistant referee over the 2nd Newcastle goal.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
The FA would never do anything to harm their precious Manchester United, they would rather screw over the other clubs just for the fun of it.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":fwwmjuwd said:
Uncle Si":fwwmjuwd said:
Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well

And not a single f*** was given that day...

Seriously though, bacon-face might have just said the stupidest thing he's ever said with the "RVP could have been killed" thing. What a hypocritical muppet.

Yeah, it is quite obvious RVP was coming along quite nicely after the ball hit his head. :D

282863_475562129151974_1444402417_n.jpg

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Oh what a freaking surprise, Fergie's not gonna be reprimanded for that temper tantrum he threw on the sidelines yesterday.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
35 goals scored today, according to Fox Soccer it's the most goals scored in a single day in EPL history. 23 of the goals were scored by Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Norwich.

I watched probably 50 minutes of the Man U-West Brom match and the Red Devils looked like they were lucky to get 3 points as their 2nd came when Foster was unbeatable and West Brom were the more likely to score in the second half.

Arsenal and Newcastle can be described with two simple coments, for 70 minutes neither team played defense, the last 20 minutes only Arsenal played defense. Walcott scored a hat trick in his 3rd game at the front and Giroud came off the bench to bag a brace and the crossbar denied him of his first Arsenal hat trick. potential-Arsenal signing Demba Ba had his own brace, his first taking an extremely fortunate deflection off of Wilshere's head, thank god he didn't die, and Marveaux scored his first EPL goal. The other Arsenal scorers were The Ox and Podolski, who's goal came when it seemed like the ball hung on the crossbar waiting for him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tlbknu5 said:
Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.

I completely forgot to mention about how he scored his 3rd goal when I typed that. Also you probably shouldn't be saying he's unsettled cause there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he is, unless there's something behind the scenes nobody's seeing. If not for Cameron Jerome's strike that could easily have been Goal of the Week. It actually reminded me of his goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last year.

And Newcastle should be incredibly embarrassed, it's completely pointless to make an excuse like how Arsenal didn't play on Boxing Day so they were more rested. It was inexcusable how they defended, Demba Ba and Marveaux played really good and the defense ruined it for them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...