Debbie Downer Speculation: Is Gus gone after this season?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I was thinking about this while reading about the potential upcoming coaching vacancies. I have no doubt that Bradley will be considered for some of them. If he leaves for a HC opportunity, do we have any viable internal candidates to replace him as DC (perhaps Todd Wash) and maintain continuity, or would we likely look elsewhere?
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• Kris Richard.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• If I were Bradley I'd want to win a Superbowl with Seattle first seeing as I've put so much work in to help get the young team where it is today, with seemingly nowhere to go but up.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Im not sure Bradley is all that integral to the Hawks success. PC has his hands all over that D, if we lost Bradley I would just say... "next puppet up".
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:Kris Richard.

Not sure if you're serious, but I did consider that. My only concern would be his lack of coaching experience.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• I'll take Rex Ryan then..... :sarcasm_off:
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• I know there has been a bit of speculation that he's HC material, but my goodness, what has he really done in the past to show he's ready to run the whole show? I like the guy, but IMHO, at this point in his career, that would be a huge mistake by an owner.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Meh. Nobody was really that high on Bradley before Pete got here. That tells me this is more of Pete's defense then it is Bradley's.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• T-Sizzle wrote:Im not sure Bradley is all that integral to the Hawks success. PC has his hands all over that D, if we lost Bradley I would just say... "next puppet up".

This, see steve sarkesian and nick holt
    gocougs789
    NET Starter

• Seattle Times had an article speculating that Bevell could even be in the mix for the Eagles' HC job. That seems like a bit much, but I am sure our staff will get a lot of looks in the offseason
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:Seattle Times had an article speculating that Bevell could even be in the mix for the Eagles' HC job. That seems like a bit much, but I am sure our staff will get a lot of looks in the offseason

fine we me - buh bye Bevell, hello Tom Cable.
    Last edited by OneLofaTatupu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• I never thought I'd say this at the start of the season, but I hope Bevell sticks around. His play-calling since they opened up the playbook has been tremendous.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Ken Norton is another internal option.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:Ken Norton is another internal option.

I was having a conversation at work about him the other day. As long as he has been coaching LBs going back to SC and all the talent he has coached up, I would think had he been interested he would have at least taken a DC position. Dunno but I think he just likes coaching LBs.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Pete has an uncanny knack of plugging holes. He probably has a plan in place already if it were to happen.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• Missing_Clink wrote:Seattle Times had an article speculating that Bevell could even be in the mix for the Eagles' HC job. That seems like a bit much, but I am sure our staff will get a lot of looks in the offseason

Yeah, saw that. Even crazier was that the article was outsourced from Philly. It was a local writer close to the team saying that Bevell and Chip Kelly are both candidates.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• Everybody knows that Carroll is the reason Bradley is having so much success. I'd say Bradley has 5 more years at this level before being considered for a NFL HC job. He may, however, be courted to the NCAA side of the house - I could see him going to the SEC or Big-12 if there is an opening somewhere.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• Bevell could be the choice for a team with a rookie QB based on his work with Wilson. Seattle's unique defense is drawing interest, which is good for Bradley.

Personally, I think the press conferences both put on are designed to get them the experience and exposure they need to get head coaching job interviews.

Sleeper pick to move to a HC job somewhere, or be our new DC if Bradley leaves, Ken Norton. Love that guy, and somebody else will too.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Bradley's done a great job, but my guess is he's pretty far down the list of potential coaching candidates for the teams looking to hire.

Cable is the coach we should be worried about losing.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• As I said in my introductory post. I'm an Eagles fan foremost as thats what I've been all my life but a Seahawks fan the last 5-6 years since I've lived in Washington (and will for a long time).

But when Reid is shown the door (hopefully) next week.....someone had talked about Gus Bradley being the next Eagles head coach and while I love what he's doing here in Seattle, I don't see him being a desirable candidate for a few years yet. He keeps up doing what he's doing and he'll be atop the list in a few seasons but right now, I just think there are too many other guys ahead of him.

I think he'll stay put, which is good.
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Bradley's done a great job, but my guess is he's pretty far down the list of potential coaching candidates for the teams looking to hire.

Cable is the coach we should be worried about losing.

That's what I thought too, but I have heard his name on Sirius NFL radio about ten times now, and it is always due to two things: Defensive coaches have always been preferred as head coaches, and look what they are doing up there in Seattle. He is young, energetic, and for some owners the best thing, he will be pretty cheap.

On Cable, we can only lose him if he gets a HC job, since he is the assistant head coach here right now. Has to be a promotion to leave.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Rob Ryan! He's sooooooooo cool! NOT!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• I would be surprised if Cable got another nod at a head coaching gig given some of the issues that happened when he ran the Raiders.

We all crapped on Bradley in 2009, and then crapped on Bradley in 2010, and whenever the defense doesn't play well its Bradley's fault, whenever it does play well, the credit goes to Carroll.

Bradley came here on the recommendation of Monte Kiffin, which, in the NFL, still carries a ton of weight(which is why Carroll kept him from the previous staff). I wouldn't be surprised if a team gave Bradley a shot.

Personally, I'd like Bevell and Bradley and Cable to stay, but I wouldn't consider any of them to be irreplaceable.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• Jazzhawk wrote:I know there has been a bit of speculation that he's HC material, but my goodness, what has he really done in the past to show he's ready to run the whole show? I like the guy, but IMHO, at this point in his career, that would be a huge mistake by an owner.

Exactly.

Why would an owner take a chance on him? What exactly has he done over the past few years to make people think that he's a HC candidate??

As I see it, not much. He's done well this year but that's about it. Not nearly enough for an owner to give him a fat check and a HC position.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

• Monte Kiffin is looking for a job in the NFL. If Gus does leave, Kiffin would be a logical choice.
    Leave No Doubt - 24/7
    emurri
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information