Debbie Downer Speculation: Is Gus gone after this season?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I was thinking about this while reading about the potential upcoming coaching vacancies. I have no doubt that Bradley will be considered for some of them. If he leaves for a HC opportunity, do we have any viable internal candidates to replace him as DC (perhaps Todd Wash) and maintain continuity, or would we likely look elsewhere?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If I were Bradley I'd want to win a Superbowl with Seattle first seeing as I've put so much work in to help get the young team where it is today, with seemingly nowhere to go but up.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im not sure Bradley is all that integral to the Hawks success. PC has his hands all over that D, if we lost Bradley I would just say... "next puppet up".

OP
OP
Hawk Finn

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3lb6ntpr said:
Kris Richard.

Not sure if you're serious, but I did consider that. My only concern would be his lack of coaching experience.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I know there has been a bit of speculation that he's HC material, but my goodness, what has he really done in the past to show he's ready to run the whole show? I like the guy, but IMHO, at this point in his career, that would be a huge mistake by an owner.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Meh. Nobody was really that high on Bradley before Pete got here. That tells me this is more of Pete's defense then it is Bradley's.

gocougs789

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1io7wfo3 said:
Im not sure Bradley is all that integral to the Hawks success. PC has his hands all over that D, if we lost Bradley I would just say... "next puppet up".

This, see steve sarkesian and nick holt

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Seattle Times had an article speculating that Bevell could even be in the mix for the Eagles' HC job. That seems like a bit much, but I am sure our staff will get a lot of looks in the offseason

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2t00nuwi said:
Seattle Times had an article speculating that Bevell could even be in the mix for the Eagles' HC job. That seems like a bit much, but I am sure our staff will get a lot of looks in the offseason

fine we me - buh bye Bevell, hello Tom Cable.

Fox0r

Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this at the start of the season, but I hope Bevell sticks around. His play-calling since they opened up the playbook has been tremendous.

Subzero717

Reaction score
drdiags":3op07u4h said:
Ken Norton is another internal option.

I was having a conversation at work about him the other day. As long as he has been coaching LBs going back to SC and all the talent he has coached up, I would think had he been interested he would have at least taken a DC position. Dunno but I think he just likes coaching LBs.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Pete has an uncanny knack of plugging holes. He probably has a plan in place already if it were to happen.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1hdf2lfc said:

Yeah, saw that. Even crazier was that the article was outsourced from Philly. It was a local writer close to the team saying that Bevell and Chip Kelly are both candidates.

nsport

Reaction score
Everybody knows that Carroll is the reason Bradley is having so much success. I'd say Bradley has 5 more years at this level before being considered for a NFL HC job. He may, however, be courted to the NCAA side of the house - I could see him going to the SEC or Big-12 if there is an opening somewhere.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bevell could be the choice for a team with a rookie QB based on his work with Wilson. Seattle's unique defense is drawing interest, which is good for Bradley.

Personally, I think the press conferences both put on are designed to get them the experience and exposure they need to get head coaching job interviews.

Sleeper pick to move to a HC job somewhere, or be our new DC if Bradley leaves, Ken Norton. Love that guy, and somebody else will too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bradley's done a great job, but my guess is he's pretty far down the list of potential coaching candidates for the teams looking to hire.

Cable is the coach we should be worried about losing.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
As I said in my introductory post. I'm an Eagles fan foremost as thats what I've been all my life but a Seahawks fan the last 5-6 years since I've lived in Washington (and will for a long time).

But when Reid is shown the door (hopefully) next week.....someone had talked about Gus Bradley being the next Eagles head coach and while I love what he's doing here in Seattle, I don't see him being a desirable candidate for a few years yet. He keeps up doing what he's doing and he'll be atop the list in a few seasons but right now, I just think there are too many other guys ahead of him.

I think he'll stay put, which is good.

Latest posts