Justin Smith Injury

nsport

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/status/284370029137502209

Not an elbow injury, rather it is a torn triceps... Smith had a bone spur attached to his triceps tendon that became detached in his left elbow, Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported.

"Smith was injured in a Week 15 win over the New England Patriots and hasn't practiced since. The Bee reported Smith is likely to undergo offseason surgery, but the 49ers hope he can play through the pain during the team's voyage through the NFC playoffs."

That would be a tough injury to play through. It reminds me of the loss of Red Bryant last year when our defense crumbled after he went down... the 49ers better learn to adjust or they will be one and done.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Their defense has not been the same without him, specifically Aldon Smith. He has been held to zero sacks since Justin Smith left the Pats game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The reason this injury will hurt them is that they don't sub guys in so no other players have much experience in that system. Oh well, sucks to be them.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This make me remissness about a conversation I had last off season with a 9er fan who said they will stay healthy just like last year because they don't draft or sign soft players like Seattle does.

rideaducati is correct. This injury is magnified because they don't sub players and will not have anyone close to ready to play, let alone a player anywhere near Smith's caliber. It is also a slam on Harbaugh because this injury is less likely to happen if his guys aren't playing 99% of snaps. People wear down and injuries happen because of it.

That sound your hearing is the wheels violently coming off the Harbaugh bus. Fans are already complaining about him. This is just more fuel for the fire.

scipiobronze

Reaction score
Have you read the niners coverage in the bay area media? Their fans are already giving up on the season, which is not a bad idea if you ask me. They are obviously not going to the Super Bowl so they should just lick their wounds and focus on getting healthy for next season. No point in injuring themselves further.

Just leave the division and the home playoff game to Seattle, a team that can actually do something with it right now.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Sounds like they're one and done in the playoffs.