Washington or Dallas?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Washington or Dallas?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm
  • This is basically what it comes down to. If we're being honest, even if the 49ers have a major hangover from last week... they should still beat Arizona at home. That would mean we play the winner of Dallas vs Washington in the first round of the playoffs.

Who would you rather have?

On the one hand, we've beaten Dallas already. They've got a few defensive players on IR and even DeMarcus Ware is hurt now. They've also picked up big time in recent weeks and Romo has looked pretty sharp. The offense is rolling. And if they go into Washington and upset the Redskins, they'll have a lot of momentum. And the fact we beat them up so much last time might give them a 'revenge' edge.

Washington are a hot team at the moment, but RGIII looked a little groggy last week. How much is that knee affecting him? And considering the overall speed of our offense, is it a good match-up for us? On the other hand, Griffin is having a spectacularly efficient year and nearly every break has fallen his way when he's needed it to. And with San Francisco hosting the #6 seed in round one unless the Packers lose at Minnesota, the chances are we'll have to be an early game in Washington and maybe a 10am start.

Thoughts?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Washington or Dallas?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 pm
  • Ooops... wrong forum. Can a mod move this please?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:04 pm
  • I go back and forth between the two. I think Dallas will be an easier road environment to win in. But I think Washington has a weaker defense which we could take advanatage of. Both QB's create some problems. I'll feel confident but not fully comfortable against either of them.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm
  • Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
  • Kelly.Orr wrote:Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

Morris is pretty good. I think RGIII + Morris could give us a tough time, especially the way the defense has played on the road sometimes.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm
  • Thinking the media would prèfer rg3 and rw3 matchup
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 pm
  • Uffda wrote:Thinking the media would prèfer rg3 and rw3 matchup

The media would... but unfortunately (I may be wrong) I think if San Francisco ends up with the #3 seed they'll be guaranteed to be the late game on the Saturday or Sunday of the Wild Card weekend (I would guess Saturday). That would mean an early start on Sunday for us because I don't think both NFC games can be the late games. Might be wrong like I said. Although I don't buy too much into the 10am stuff... I'd rather have a friendlier start time.

I've just got a hunch Dallas is going to win on Sunday.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm
  • I can only imagine the level of confidence at Seahawk world headquarters with this news on Sherman combined with the return of Browner. Must be at a fever pitch.

Pete said at his press conference "we are still not playing at the level we are capable of..." That probably sounded like false bravado to the avg fan, but look at our numbers and that becomes easier to believe. No single stat from any single player, inc RW makes you go "holy bejesus...no wonder we are blowing teams out". Not really, it's just been good solid team play and sound fundamentals. You have to think Pete has something special ready to unleash. IMO, there will be no winner when Dallas meets Washington this Sunday.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 pm
  • BillHawks wrote:
    Kelly.Orr wrote:Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

Morris is pretty good. I think RGIII + Morris could give us a tough time, especially the way the defense has played on the road sometimes.

I may underestimate Morris some. But he just doesn't have the eye popping explosiveness that scares me like Spiller, Peterson, Bush, and even Demarrco Murray have. That's the only reason why Dallas scares me more is they have explosive playmakers at every position on offense. You could say Santana Moss but he is well past his prime and i for one am not scare at all of Pierre Garcon.

Edit: Kind of funny actually. I had morris on my fantasy team all year lol. He was consistent but never really exploded often.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Dallas.

Fo Sho.

Please, with Romo-at-the-wheel (as opposed to RGIII).

We want the Cowboys to win this week.

But, apparently,..........that's just ME.
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:46 pm
  • I'll take the Cowboys, just because that's my cousin's favorite team.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm
  • I'd rather play the Cowboys.

Indoor turf favours our pass rush.

Cowboys have not changed their plan, and Witten will still be terrified of Kam. Skins RB with RG3 is an unknown quantity - Peterson was (eventually) contained as Vikings passing game was abysmal.

And, frankly, the Cowboys don't scare me. Nor should they scare our D.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:53 pm
  • I don't care who we play personally. I also believe the Hawks don't either. Not one of those teams can stop us, or score on us. We are just to young, athletic and really really fast.
    Waterhawk1
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:03 pm
  • Don't think either stand a chance, but I'd prefer Dallas. It gets really cold in DC, which might be a factor. I remember when we played the Packers in 07 playoffs, and the seahawks just fell apart when it started to snow/blizzard. Also 2010 playoff game against the Bears. However we now have a dominant running attack, so maybe it won't be as much of a factor.
    usChawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:05 pm
  • Definitely the Redskins. Even though the Seahawks outclass both teams, I would like to end the conversations about RGIII. And the Seahawks D knows the read option really well. The one team that also knows the read option is Carolina, which beat the Redskins easily (and that was when Cam was having problems).

Sherman v. Pierre Garcon is the primary matchup. When they don't have Garcon, Washington was 3 and 6. And the Seahawks are WAY better than the teams they've played. So this leaves Alfred Morris and RGIII. RGIII is all about hitting the big plays, he isn't a big dink and dunker. So the answer to negating Alfred Morris isn't just jumping on them and gaining the lead. RGIII is good in this position as he's good at using his arm to break down a point difference.

So it's about gaining the lead and keeping him off the field. Which means putting up points, pound the rock, then throw on third. Something we did with disastrous effect against San Francisco. Best way to stop him is to keep him off the field of course.

RGIII pulls the same role out play action Russell does, so this shouldn't be anything new for us.

I don't like the Cowboys because every once in a while Tony Romo wakes up and stings a team. He also has a lot more targets then RGIII: Austin/Bryant/Whitten. Also you can’t sleep on the Cowboys, they had a tough schedule and have kept themselves in it. Look at the points per game and they are almost the same between both teams.
    I would say the Cowboys are the better team, and expect them to win. But I don’t want to play them at the massive stadium.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm
  • We have Sherman for the playoffs. Bring 'em both on. B-Swag can spy RG3 and hold him up for Kam to teach him why he can't run like that.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm
  • Dallas.

Washington would be a media-fest, but is a more difficult match-up. So, I'd rather remove RGIII from the playoffs before the playoffs, and let Dallas choke as Lynch runs down their throats.
    Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:Definitely the Redskins. the Seahawks D knows the read option really well. The one team that also knows the read option is Carolina, which beat the Redskins easily (and that was when Cam was having problems).

Great point.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 pm
  • It doesn't matter. One of them will be in our way, and neither of them are prepared for the type of beating this team will bring to there doorstep. The Boys got but a taste of it in Seattle, will be hard to shake that trauma.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm
  • I think they are both good teams but are lacking in certain areas.

Washington has a defense that is playing better and is less hut though they still aren't great. Their offense has a great running game (#1 by yards) that sets up RGIII and the passing game (though somehow it is only Wilson that has the running game set up his passing game lol).

Dallas is more explosive on offense but has no running game and seemingly a defense that is injured and playing poorly.

I would rather play Dallas as we could again make them 1-dimensional on offense and eat through there defense. Washington would be outdoors and a little tougher as their running game would make it harder on our defense.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 pm
  • We're gonna beat either one, so I really have no issue with either soft ass team.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm
  • Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, and assuming we are the 5th seed; I definitely see us playing on Sunday. Mainly b/c WAS/DAL is the late game on Sunday, so that rules out Saturday right there. I do think they'll put possibly the Cincy/Baltimore vs. Indy game (AFC 4 vs 5) as the early game either on Sat/Sun, and if it is Sunday, then I think we get the late game on Sunday. IF NE is the 3rd seed, then I see them getting the late game Saturday, which means the Niners would get the early game on Saturday.

Again, probably way ahead of myself...long complicated story short, I see us as the late game Sunday as long as NE is third seed in AFC
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm
  • My brother is a big Dallas fan and I've watched their games quite a bit when the Hawks weren't on. Tony Romo might bet semi-hot right now but the guy is gambler and makes stupid throws costing his team and their WRs run terrible routes. It's almost like their winging it out there. No one really seems to know what one another is doing out there. Poorly disciplined o-line that has lots false starts and holding calls. And their home field advantage is a joke. Everyone gets a turn kicking butt on the Cowboys in Texas Stadium.

On top of that, Ware is hurt with a shoulder injury and its not gonna get better if we play them. Terrible safeties always out of position giving up the big play. LBs all hurt.

They are a terribly wounded defense. With Beastmode and Russ as our foundation, I feel we slap them up good in front of their crowd and my brother leaves my house pissed off.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 pm
  • I'm surprised nobody has mentioned our nice hot streak against the Redskins in playoff games the last decade.

We beat them during our Super Bowl season to get to the NFC Championship game. We beat them again during the 2007 season in the Wild Card round.

Of course, both of those were at (then) Qwest Field whereas this one would be at FedEx.

I think the Cowboys would be a better match-up for us...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm
  • I don't agree with any of the scheduling discussions that are going on.

The league has absolutely had a team that had a game Sunday night play on Saturday in the playoffs, so don't make any assumptions there. (In fact, it happened at 4:30 PM ET, January 8, 2011, when we played the Saints at home, on a Saturday, after playing the Rams in a flex game Sunday night to determine who won the West.)

Also, it's very typical for there to be a late afternoon and a night game Saturday, and a morning and an afternoon game Sunday i.e. there's a reasonable chance that we don't have to play at 10 AM.

Take a look at this story from 2012 (i.e. last year) all times Eastern:

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at Houston Texans (10-6) Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Reliant Stadium, NBC (WRC-4)
    Detroit Lions (10-6) at New Orleans Saints (13-3) Saturday, 8 p.m., Superdome, NBC (WRC-4)
    Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at New York Giants (9-7) Sunday, 1 p.m., MetLife Stadium, FOX (WTTG-5)
    Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at Denver Broncos (8-8) Sunday, 4:30 p.m., Mile High Stadium, CBS (WUSA-9)

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 ... ton-texans

Basically there isn't a terrible amount of consistency but three of these four games occurred at times that are NOT 10 AM Pacific.

Some people are talking about "early" and "late" games Saturday and Sunday as if each of the early games are at 10 AM Pacific. They aren't, or more accurately, only one of them is.

Now, all that said, it is pretty typical for the NFC to have one early game and one late game, and it's also true that they won't start a game at 10 AM local time. If SF has the 3 seed in the NFC, they could play Saturday in either time slot, or Sunday late, but not Sunday morning. If the powers that be put SF in the Saturday night slot, we'd probably end up playing Sunday morning.

Another data point. My understanding is that CBS and FOX each pick one game they want (AFC and NFC respectively), and that NBC gets the other two. CBS and FOX televise on Sunday, and NBC televises on Saturday. That's the way it worked last year. Ah, here we go:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013-nf ... -schedule/

says we have NBC, NBC on Saturday, and the networks swap for Sunday i.e. last year was FOX then CBS, this year is CBS then FOX.

I could go all over the place depending on if SF or GB make it as the 3 seed, and who is in as the four seed. If it's Washington, I would be pretty sure that FOX wants that game, and so that's the "late" Sunday game (actually Sunday afternoon). If it's Dallas, well, hell, I'd suspect FOX would want that game too. Hmmm. Seems to me that an earlier poster is probably right... if we end up the five seed, we'll probably play on FOX on Sunday afternoon.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm
  • Oh, and I'd rather play Dallas. I like the dome and turf situation there. I think it will give our young team confidence to play them again.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 pm
  • I'll take Dallas, indoor stadium and we overpower the O and D lines. But, I think we can win against either!
    Win Forever!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Younger - BETTER!!!!
    GOSeahawks
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:03 pm
  • BocciHawk, if your post/research about FOX definitely having the late game on Sunday, I think that bodes well for us, pretty much guarantees not 10am game either day. That, I like! Regardless of whom we play or when we play, I think we win, and still hoping for a home game and/or bye!
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm
  • I would like to see Dallas beat RGIII so that Wilson will have a better chance for ROY. I would also love to see us put a big hurt on the Cowboys who might be thinking more about self preservation than revenge.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:We have Sherman for the playoffs. Bring 'em both on. B-Swag can spy RG3 and hold him up for Kam to teach him why he can't run like that.

I thought i was the only one calling B.Wagner B Swag. Guess not. Its one of my Favorite nicknames tho. Anyway OP. I think it doesn't matter to me cuz they both have there pros and cons. East coast vs West Coast, turf vs grass, dome vs elements, then u got the match ups. Lets just keep doing what we're doing and it shouldn't matter who we end up playing. We should glide right to the SB if we stay on the track we're on now. I heard someone say Pete said that we can do better. If that's true then I'm so ready to see this all go down. This is starting to look like it has the makings of a chance to be my favorite group of players minus 2 maybe 3 (Tru, Hill, ?) that the Seahawks have had before.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 pm
  • Did anyone giving their opinion on this thread actually watch Washington's last game? RG3 was not RG3. He wore a brace and couldn't run more than a 5.0 40 yard dash.

With that said, I think we would handle both teams. If RG3's running doesn't improve, if it does, and he is back to where he used to be then there is no question I'd rather play Dallas.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm
  • I'd rather play Washington. RG3 is hurt and looked far less explosive last week. Washington does not have nearly the receiving weapons that Dallas has, and their defense is not as good. Romo has been on fire on the other hand. I think Dallas is the better team right now
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm
  • I don't want anything to do with the Cowboys.

Redskins are a much better match up for us.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 pm
  • Kelly.Orr wrote:
    BillHawks wrote:
    Kelly.Orr wrote:Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

I may underestimate Morris some. But he just doesn't have the eye popping explosiveness that scares me like Spiller, Peterson, Bush, and even Demarrco Murray have. That's the only reason why Dallas scares me more is they have explosive playmakers at every position on offense. You could say Santana Moss but he is well past his prime and i for one am not scare at all of Pierre Garcon.

Edit: Kind of funny actually. I had morris on my fantasy team all year lol. He was consistent but never really exploded often.

One word sums up Morris - Shanahan

Just be happy Shanahan doesn't coach Minnesota or AP would be going for 3,000 yards...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 pm
  • I'll take the Skins. They have nobody that scares me, including a banged up RG3, though i wish he were full strength as that will be the excuse after we plaster them.

Romo and Bryant scare me a bit more, but we can handle them as well.

It doesn't matter who we get. They are are getting dropped.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:37 am
  • uncle fester wrote:I'd rather play the Cowboys.

Indoor turf favours our pass rush.

Cowboys have not changed their plan, and Witten will still be terrified of Kam. Skins RB with RG3 is an unknown quantity - Peterson was (eventually) contained as Vikings passing game was abysmal.

And, frankly, the Cowboys don't scare me. Nor should they scare our D.

I agree rather play the boys, easier stadium, one less hour time zone away, etc...

but, anyone thinking that a 10 year veteran tight end with 799 receptions is "terrified" of any player in the league is sadly mistaken.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I don't want anything to do with the Cowboys.

Redskins are a much better match up for us.

Agreed. We were all over Romo when we played them, and he was lazer beaming throws. Thankfully his guys couldn't catch that day.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    anyone thinking that a 10 year veteran tight end with 799 receptions is "terrified" of any player in the league is sadly mistaken.

Perhaps a harsh word to choose in retrospect, but Witten became less interested in adding to his career catches haul after the first big hit in Week 2. (Certainly more believeable than a TE of 700+ receptions suddenly forgetting how to catch?) It was one of the reasons, if not the main one, why their offense spluttered through the whole game.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 am
  • Probably more from recovering from an injury than from a hit, IMO.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2019956845_apfbncowboyswitten.html

"Jason Witten had nearly as many drops as catches through three games this season, back when his side still hurt just about every time he moved because of a lacerated spleen.

The Dallas Cowboys tight end dismissed any suggestion that the injury had anything to do with an uncharacteristic case of stone hands. The seven-time Pro Bowler didn't really even want to say how long it took to feel normal again once he decided to play in the season opener just 23 days after getting hurt in a preseason game."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8275738/dallas-cowboys-jason-witten-hopes-avoid-surgery-spleen

Witten has missed only one game in his career because of a fractured jaw as a rookie in 2003, and has played through a broken rib, knee and ankle injuries.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm
  • Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:06 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?

That's correct, just like how we hosted a home game two years ago even though the Saints had a better overall record. Division winners always host the wildcard games.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Division winners are seeded one through four, and the two wild cards are five and six. First round (Wild Card weekend) is six at three, and five at four. You cannot host a first round playoff game if you are not a division winner. (Can't host a second round game if you are not a division winner, either, as the second round games are hosted by one and two.) Theoretically a wild card could host the NFC championship, if the six seed wins in the first two rounds, and the five seed wins in the first two rounds, then five would host six, but I don't know if that's ever happened, seems awfully unlikely.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:09 pm
  • Want to know what's cool about THIS version of Seahawks, over Holmgren's version of the Seahawks? Pete's version travels well and WONT collapse with 1 injury.

I'm honestly, for the first time EVER in my lifetime of rooting on our beloved VMAC Warriors, NOT SWEATING THE WHOS OR WHERES. It's a VERY odd feeling I haven't recionciled within myself.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 am
  • Either or ... Don't have a care about which ever..

Can win anywhere.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:Probably more from recovering from an injury than from a hit, IMO.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2019956845_apfbncowboyswitten.html

"Jason Witten had nearly as many drops as catches through three games this season, back when his side still hurt just about every time he moved because of a lacerated spleen.

The Dallas Cowboys tight end dismissed any suggestion that the injury had anything to do with an uncharacteristic case of stone hands. The seven-time Pro Bowler didn't really even want to say how long it took to feel normal again once he decided to play in the season opener just 23 days after getting hurt in a preseason game."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8275738/dallas-cowboys-jason-witten-hopes-avoid-surgery-spleen

Witten has missed only one game in his career because of a fractured jaw as a rookie in 2003, and has played through a broken rib, knee and ankle injuries.

Kam hit him so hard the injury went back and time and injured him before the actual hit
    Kind of like a theory of relativity thing.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:05 pm
  • FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?

That's correct, just like how we hosted a home game two years ago even though the Saints had a better overall record. Division winners always host the wildcard games.

Are you saying they are going to Beastquake us?

Maybe lay on the RGIII-valanch or possibly the Romo-pocalypse? :vodka:
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 pm
  • Hahah....nah, we're going to unleash the sonic "legion of " boom on whomever we play, Guile style.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:11 am
  • What if Dallas win but Min, Chi, and NYG lose. Washington would be the 6th seed and play at SF

So would FOX pick

Sea @ Dal
    or
    Was @ SF

I think Dallas fields a team that is more explosive and when hot could beat anybody but they don't have much if any homefield advantage, whereas the Redskins aren't scary on offense or defense, basically just RG3, but they do get the job done and would be a tougher environment.

I would be more entertained by a RW vs RG3 matchup and think a win for RW over RG3 would be incredible for his career. All the RG3 hype only to show him up and all the pundits that overlooked him. A much bigger chip on the should type of game.

Playing Dallas I fear them coming into the gme much more prepared and read for revenge as we smacked them down earlier this year, no way they would let us do that again.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 am
  • I could see NYG @ SF as the Sunday night game.

I could see SF beating AZ and GB losing to Min, that would leave a rematch of Min @ GB I could see that getting sunday night slot as well.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information