Anyone else miss John Morgan?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 pm
  • He always had a way of explaining things so I could understand it easily and I found myself agreeing with what he had to say most of the time. He is also a very good wordsmith, where as like a Danny Kelly comes off better on the radio. It would be interesting to see what he has to say about this season. Let me know what you think. Go Hawks
    User avatar
    Hop_Head
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 pm
  • Are you kidding? NO. Absolutely not.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

    They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    User avatar
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1015
    Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am
    Location: Olympia


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:28 pm
  • smashmouth59 wrote:Are you kidding? NO. Absolutely not.


    Okay....... I just think fieldgulls isn't the same without him. Also, based solely on your comment, I feel I may have missed out on some kind of Morgan hate fest. Be gentle I'm new here.
    User avatar
    Hop_Head
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 pm
  • You are right, Field Gulls isn't the same without him, now it is written by intelligent, logical, rational people that don't strive for the validation of their readers and then freak out when people disagree with him.

    Also, his book sucked. Learn your teams history and respect that history before you write a book about what Seahawks fans should do before they die.

    I really couldn't stand that guy.

    Not trying to bite your head off, this is my opinion, and it obviously differs with yours, and that's fine.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 pm
  • There are a lot of good wordsmiths here. Some of the people who write here are better than a lot of the people who get paid for it.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7453
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 pm
  • Field Gulls is 1,000 times better since he left. It went from a site I wouldn't mention by name, to one I read regularly.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 pm
  • Hell, Hop Head IS probably John Morgan.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am
  • Just as I thought, I missed the boat on the Morgan hate fest. All I know is this, when he left, I became less interested in fieldgulls. Now does that make me a complete idiot? Maybe I should give them another try.
    User avatar
    Hop_Head
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:56 am
  • SeaTown81 wrote:Field Gulls is 1,000 times better since he left. It went from a site I wouldn't mention by name, to one I read regularly.


    Yep.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3011
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 am

Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 am
  • Morgan was always the year's first "root for us to lose for draft position" proponent and it always made me sick. I hated FG before and now I think it's great.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    User avatar
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3143
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am
  • Great writer, not so great person. If you ever waded into the comments section during his time you'd fully understand the reaction from a lot of people in this thread.

    It is true that Morgan's writing was hard to top- when he was on point. Problem was, his brilliance birthed him an enormous ego, which prevented him from ever being wrong on anything, no matter how insignificant. He backed Tim Ruskell to the bitter end and he (and his minions) were extremely bitter and nasty regarding Ruskell's demise and the hiring of Carroll/Schneider. BrianL is 90% as bad as Morgan was, and I remember when John Schneider was hired and he found the dopiest picture of John Schneider he could find and captioned it "what is your job exactly, anyway?" Not exactly a warm welcome for our new GM. That post was eventually taken down. Huge e-fights in the wake of the Tapp and Wilson trades resulted in some very heavy revisionist edits after the fact- to erase from the record some of the horrible things they said to people who merely suggested that the world had not just ended.

    Morgan had an essay, and it was if I may say the most narcissistic piece of trash I've ever read, that basically lamented that only incompetent people with connections could be GMs in the NFL- obviously directing it at John Schneider. He had another rant that was way worse along the same lines that he took down 24 hours later when he realized how insane it was (I think Montana still has a .txt copy of that one). In September he did a post ripping the shit out of both Wilson and Flynn. He'd later take it down. You might be noticing a theme here.

    Now this week he did an essay talking about how he's quitting the NFL as a fan because it's a violent sport. He will probably take that one down too, because nobody is buying it and it just makes him look disingenuous. Football has always been a violent sport- in fact it's actually safer now than it's ever been. Nobody is stupid enough to believe he just figured this out. It's a paper thin facade for his real reason for quitting: that he just can't stand being wrong about Tim Ruskell and all the bad bets he took to double down on that position. Perhaps he even believes that if Ruskell were vindincated, he (Morgan) would be justified in how he treated others that disagreed with him.

    I used to be a huge fan of his. I learned and grew a lot from reading his works. When he is on point there is no better writer anywhere, period. In 2008 I stuck my neck out promoting his work here at .net. A year later, out of the blue, he banned me for no sane reason (I was always civil and rarely confrontational), and I am reasonably sure he banned me because I was winning fans as a draft analyst, and he struggled to hide how much that bothered him that anyone else on his site could be looked up to. After he banned me he made up a rule saying that he could ban civil users if he felt like it.

    I later learned that he suffers from some kind of mental illness- but I don't think that excuses much.

    I actually don't read FGs anymore, but that's mainly because of the horrid scheme overhaul they had recently. Danny Kelly is a really nice guy whom I exchange emails with all the time. He may not be John Morgan as a writer but the site/community is clearly better with him in charge.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11403
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 am
  • Anyone remember all his draft writeups during the first draft for Pete and John? It was pure insanity as he tried to make them look terrible, and had a borderline obsession with linking them to Taylor Mays.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11644
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 am
  • ""I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity."

    Always thought of this Calvin and Hobbes quote when I read his writing. Its a fun read, until you realize there is nothing behind it but half truths and hyperbole.

    That said, John Morgan wasn't the first and certainly isn't the last person to use sports as a vehicle for self vindication. As it seems on this board as well some people are more concerned with being right than anything else. Morgan was a very public(in the Seahawks world) example of this.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 am
  • I only really started to learn more about the Seahawks and other NFL teams in 2008 when I first started playing Fantasy Football and Madden. Before that I didn't know a tight end from a free safety, so I'm a newby when it comes to football fundamentals. I always found that John Morgan's articles had deep analysis and were extremely well presented so even a newbie like me could learn something from them. I was sad to see him go for this reason even though I was aware he had a lot of detractors. I like Danny Kelly and Field Gulls still pumps out good articles, but it doesn't quite feel the same as the analysis John Morgan provided.

    I'm also with Kearly about the new site format. I don't go there nearly as much as I used to because of it.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    Veilside
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 711
    Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 am
  • I like HOW Morgan writes.

    The opinion and thought process that makes up WHAT he actually writes, though... yeah, I don't miss that one little bit.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8325
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:06 am
  • kearly wrote:I actually don't read FGs anymore, but that's mainly because of the horrid scheme overhaul they had recently.


    Glad to see I'm not the only one who stopped going to this site as frequently, despite the good work they're doing, because of this. I find it extremely tough to navigate.
    Follow me on Twitter: @BadGuy711
    User avatar
    BadGuy711
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 49
    Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:45 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:18 am
  • BadGuy711 wrote:
    kearly wrote:I actually don't read FGs anymore, but that's mainly because of the horrid scheme overhaul they had recently.


    Glad to see I'm not the only one who stopped going to this site as frequently, despite the good work they're doing, because of this. I find it extremely tough to navigate.


    Same here, all the sites on that network got revamped and its a bitch to find your way around
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 am
  • Danny Kelly and his colleagues are more straightforward in their writing, but as football analysts they're the best the site has ever had. They can look at a play and go much further into the scheme origins, building blocks, and intentions of a play than anyone I've ever read around here.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11538
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 am
  • I just found his writing to be one long, thin veil over a planet-sized ego. And it wasn't very good writing at that. I found out recently that he was no longer blessing us mere mortals with his wisdom, but still can't be arsed checking to see if it's true.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 804
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 am
  • Haven't read this John Morgan guy's stuff, but the way people talk about him reminds me of a guy back in college who I served in student government with. I was 17, he was 35ish, and I kind of looked up to him. However, it seemed he was always starting battles. He had some great insights, but he was never wrong about anything, and went to great lengths to "prove" that he was the only right, pure and just individual in existence, and the rest of us were just corrupt minions if we didn't agree with him. It was interesting and kind of exciting at the time, and I could see many of his points. After a drawn-out battle where he leveled personal attack after personal attack at people I liked and respected, he eventually chose to resign in a very dramatic huff because he wasn't getting his way. 30 years later, I look back on this person, knowing what I now know, and I'd say that guy from 30 years ago shows a lot of traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    A local political parallel is the saga of elected Pierce county treasurer Dale Washam. You can read about him here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/washam/
    TNT: "The tenure of Dale Washam, Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer, has turned a minor government office into a fountain of perpetual controversy: six independent investigations; five claims for damages; a recall campaign; charges of violating the county ethics code; and a resolution from the Pierce County Council that declares no confidence in Washam and asks him to resign..
    The investigations state that Washam retaliated against his employees, violated their rights, wasted government resources, abused his power and hindered the inquiries. Costs of those investigations and other legal matters tied to Washam's office exceed $412,000. The county has settled the damage claims for a collective total of $1.13 million."

    When I see a sequence of events with those kinds of parallels, like the ones Kearly describes, especially involving over-the-top attacks on others and covert retaliation, I just expect that there is some sort of personality disorder (Narcissistic PD, Borderline PD, Antisocial PD) involved somewhere. These people create drama and conflict wherever they go. They are very clever and know how to tie legal/personnel types of systems in knots. They can also be very brilliant in their areas of specialty, so much so that they get an inflated sense of their capability and start assuming they have gifts and talents in *every* area and they are infallible and the rest of us are a bunch of idiots. They get away with a lot of their crap because normal people don't want to believe another human would really do the stuff they pull.

    This is part of why I was very skeptical about the Richard Sherman failed test and the violation of testing procedures. A frustrated sociopath with Narcissistic or Borderline Personality Disorder would have no problem creating a false positive and they would do it for the excitement and drama and rush of power. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a "Distortion Campaign" from a Borderline or Narcissist, these people will do anything to damage others they feel stand in their way, and concoct elaborate schemes, destroy and falsify evidence, etc. A little more about distortion campaigns is here: http://angiemedia.com/2008/12/29/bpd-di ... campaigns/ The problem you will have on the receiving end is that many "normal" people will simply refuse to believe that another human could do the things that are being done to you, and will conclude that YOU must be the crazy one, to make up these stories. (look at how things went down with Sherman, he got called a cheater, had phony stories made up about his denials, etc. Even though Sherman has congruently denied the allegations and phony stories from day one, there are posters on this board *still* acting as if those phony stories are true, calling Sherman names.) Borderlines and Narcissists are behind a majority of high-conflict divorces. These issues are rampant in hotly contested family court cases. If not in the ex, good possibility in their attorney, influencing the ex to act that way. Some experts estimates are that about 10% of the (U.S.) population has one of these types of personality disorders or other mental health issues that result in behavior that can only truly be labeled as sociopathic. When you see this type of conflict and drama, start looking for the mental health issues, educate yourself about what you are dealing with, and protect yourself.
    Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 843
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 pm
  • I dont like the guy and went out of my way to let him know. He reposted to rip one of my hacky offseason articles as a way to shootdown the competition, this site. It was weak for a lot of reasons, mainly I wrote nonsensical change-of-pace BS.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 11423
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm
  • I'm with Volsung - I liked how he wrote. And I can overlook people who put out the odd annoying article - they can't all be winners.

    Kearly, Morgan wrote an article which explains his condition. And I think that gives a bit of context to his writing. He may have been a Stalin-like controller of the comment boards, but if a site is somebody's vanity project then why try to engage in arguments with them? There's a lot of internet out there - just go somewhere else, or put up your own site like Rob and you do - and the traffic will eventually go where the good stuff is.

    I have been quite impressed with a couple of recent articles on Fieldgulls, but I almost never go there. I do most of my Seahawks browsing whilst sat on the bog (you're welcome guys, that image is for free) and it is almost impossible to read the Fieldgulls site on an android phone. Hawkblogger puts up a couple of decent posts every so often (whilst a lot are pure stats based), but I think there is a real vacancy for a creative and interesting Hawks 'fan writer' just now.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 900
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 pm
  • cdallan wrote:Kearly, Morgan wrote an article which explains his condition. And I think that gives a bit of context to his writing.


    Can you direct me to that piece? I don't think I ever saw it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11538
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    cdallan wrote:Kearly, Morgan wrote an article which explains his condition. And I think that gives a bit of context to his writing.


    Can you direct me to that piece? I don't think I ever saw it.


    Hmmm. Had a look and can't see it. I thought that he had written about what Kip was referring to above. He has given some insight into his personal 'foibles' - see the 'Solo Tailgater' from Nov 2010.

    Having a look back did remind me what an effective writer he was tho'. And how wrong he often was.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 900
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 pm
  • cdallan wrote:And I think that gives a bit of context to his writing. He may have been a Stalin-like controller of the comment boards, but if a site is somebody's vanity project then why try to engage in arguments with them? There's a lot of internet out there - just go somewhere else, or put up your own site like Rob and you do - and the traffic will eventually go where the good stuff is.


    That's actually what I did, exactly as you say. In fact, I left FGs and started writing at SBD exactly one day before I was banned out of the blue. Funny enough.

    I have to disagree with you on that other point though. Fieldgulls was never owned by Morgan and was never "his" site. It's supposed to be SB Nation's site for all Seahawks fans, and he didn't even found it, he inherited it from a guy named "Shrug."

    Even if it was his site, I personally don't think it's ever justifiable to treat people the way he did. Just because I am hosting guests at a party does not give me the right to spit in their faces on a whim. And as Pehawk already pointed out, Morgan did more than piss on his own readers- he attacked pretty much anyone else that talked Seahawks, whether it was people from .net, Mike Sando, and others.

    Really, if you did not experience what he did first hand, you probably wouldn't appreciate how sinister he was. Before he banned me, he did a very convincing job of making it seem like everything was going well between us. Then sent me the most venom dripped message I've ever read in my life a couple weeks later when he sprung the attack. After reading it and realizing how he had set me up emotionally, I was almost in awe of how demonic he was.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11403
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:57 pm
  • I never knew the guy. I was too busy making Frank Hughes look like even more of an idiot than he did himself. He was such a moron he couldn't even figure out how to ban me from Tribnet when he took over for Sando. I'd point out just flat out plagiarism and lies he'd post. He was so full of it. He wouldn't show up for weeks at a time, until he realized that I was calling him out daily, then he'd show up simply to delete my posts, but he still couldn't figure out how to ban me, and I was told by others at the Trib, that Frank wouldn't ask them to ban me, because then they might see the posts I put up and how I busted him about 15 times.

    I finally put up a petition and got a couple of hundred people to sign it within a week or so and Frank was "re-assigned" or I mean he "QUIT" right after it. It was the best work I've ever done. I did what had to be done. :) The great part was that it opened up a slot for Ryan Divish, who is a good guy and is funny and doesn't pretend to know anything. I've never once heard Divish bitch about having to travel to a road game. Frank literally did a whole game report griping about having to travel to Chicago for a playoff game and how cold it was. That was his whole game report! Frank knew a lot about basketball, but man was he a baby and a liar. Then of course Eric got his position covering the Hawks and the coverage became a thousand times better. Frank literally took training camp time off because he felt it was the offseason. WTF?! That is when Eric really doubles up or quadruples up on posts.

    I am glad we all do our part to keep Seahawks reporters honest. :)
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Danny Kelly and his colleagues are more straightforward in their writing, but as football analysts they're the best the site has ever had. They can look at a play and go much further into the scheme origins, building blocks, and intentions of a play than anyone I've ever read around here.


    Agreed Montana. I think they do a lot of things that could not be done before of all 22 and great animated gifs (for you smokey). I actually hate the format but continue to go there for the good work.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 827
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:Haven't read this John Morgan guy's stuff, but the way people talk about him reminds me of a guy back in college who I served in student government with. I was 17, he was 35ish, and I kind of looked up to him. However, it seemed he was always starting battles. He had some great insights, but he was never wrong about anything, and went to great lengths to "prove" that he was the only right, pure and just individual in existence, and the rest of us were just corrupt minions if we didn't agree with him. It was interesting and kind of exciting at the time, and I could see many of his points. After a drawn-out battle where he leveled personal attack after personal attack at people I liked and respected, he eventually chose to resign in a very dramatic huff because he wasn't getting his way. 30 years later, I look back on this person, knowing what I now know, and I'd say that guy from 30 years ago shows a lot of traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    A local political parallel is the saga of elected Pierce county treasurer Dale Washam. You can read about him here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/washam/
    TNT: "The tenure of Dale Washam, Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer, has turned a minor government office into a fountain of perpetual controversy: six independent investigations; five claims for damages; a recall campaign; charges of violating the county ethics code; and a resolution from the Pierce County Council that declares no confidence in Washam and asks him to resign..
    The investigations state that Washam retaliated against his employees, violated their rights, wasted government resources, abused his power and hindered the inquiries. Costs of those investigations and other legal matters tied to Washam's office exceed $412,000. The county has settled the damage claims for a collective total of $1.13 million."

    When I see a sequence of events with those kinds of parallels, like the ones Kearly describes, especially involving over-the-top attacks on others and covert retaliation, I just expect that there is some sort of personality disorder (Narcissistic PD, Borderline PD, Antisocial PD) involved somewhere. These people create drama and conflict wherever they go. They are very clever and know how to tie legal/personnel types of systems in knots. They can also be very brilliant in their areas of specialty, so much so that they get an inflated sense of their capability and start assuming they have gifts and talents in *every* area and they are infallible and the rest of us are a bunch of idiots. They get away with a lot of their crap because normal people don't want to believe another human would really do the stuff they pull.

    This is part of why I was very skeptical about the Richard Sherman failed test and the violation of testing procedures. A frustrated sociopath with Narcissistic or Borderline Personality Disorder would have no problem creating a false positive and they would do it for the excitement and drama and rush of power. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a "Distortion Campaign" from a Borderline or Narcissist, these people will do anything to damage others they feel stand in their way, and concoct elaborate schemes, destroy and falsify evidence, etc. A little more about distortion campaigns is here: http://angiemedia.com/2008/12/29/bpd-di ... campaigns/ The problem you will have on the receiving end is that many "normal" people will simply refuse to believe that another human could do the things that are being done to you, and will conclude that YOU must be the crazy one, to make up these stories. (look at how things went down with Sherman, he got called a cheater, had phony stories made up about his denials, etc. Even though Sherman has congruently denied the allegations and phony stories from day one, there are posters on this board *still* acting as if those phony stories are true, calling Sherman names.) Borderlines and Narcissists are behind a majority of high-conflict divorces. These issues are rampant in hotly contested family court cases. If not in the ex, good possibility in their attorney, influencing the ex to act that way. Some experts estimates are that about 10% of the (U.S.) population has one of these types of personality disorders or other mental health issues that result in behavior that can only truly be labeled as sociopathic. When you see this type of conflict and drama, start looking for the mental health issues, educate yourself about what you are dealing with, and protect yourself.


    Reading about this was amazing to me. This was the END of my teaching career. I worked for somebody who clearly has one of these disorders you're speaking of. Lots of falsified stuff. I actually just went into the district office the other day and pulled my entire file (open records request). Guess what... a lot of what I was "written up for" wasn't in my file and all of the stuff she claimed were obviously lies as they aren't in my file. My lawsuit strengthens. Muahahaha. I should be in court within six months and I am hoping to get all earnings I would have gotten up to retirement plus a full payout on my pension. It's looking better each day. Thanks for the post. If nothing else, it was very validating that I worked for a psycho. I was one of 16 employees to leave the school under her tenure. The school also went from scoring in the 80's to the 40's and have failed to make progress each year since she took over, which is supposed to mean automatic termination. She hasn't been terminated. I think she has others convinced at levels above her that she has stuff on them. What a nutjob.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 pm
  • cdallan wrote:Morgan wrote an article which explains his condition.


    What was his condition? Being a massive egotistical ass hole?

    I don't give 2 rips what his excuse was. The guy is a certifiable sociopath.

    And I never thought he was a good writer to begin with. He did more in the way of telling you about how great he was than prove it. No offense to those who enjoyed his work. But I think it was all a massive con game. His best skill was praising himself and attracting impressionable readers.

    FG is so much better now, it's not even funny. SB Nation's tablet-minded format really is a shame.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Anyone else miss John Morgan?
Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    cdallan wrote:Morgan wrote an article which explains his condition.


    What was his condition? Being a massive egotistical ass hole?

    I don't give 2 rips what his excuse was. The guy is a certifiable sociopath.

    And I never thought he was a good writer to begin with. He did more in the way of telling you about how great he was than prove it. No offense to those who enjoyed his work. But I think it was all a massive con game. His best skill was praising himself and attracting impressionable readers.

    FG is so much better now, it's not even funny. SB Nation's tablet-minded format really is a shame.


    Totally and completely agree with every word of this post. Cheers.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm




It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests