Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:16 pm
  • Blown away. But then again, it's Ann and Nancy Wilson so I'm not surprised.

    You know when you move Robert Plant to tears playing Stairway To Heaven you are just that good.

    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8185
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm
  • That was fantastic. Thanks. I love that song.
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:41 pm
  • What a great job!

    Ann and Nancy were the beginning of the Rock Music era in Seattle and they are still GREAT PERFORMERS!

    And rarely get credit for their amazing abilitys in arranging even today.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm
  • Agreed Les. I grew up to Heart. My sister's favorite band. I knew all their songs and I grew up wanting to sing in part because of Ann Wilson and Robert Plant's ability to move you with their voice.
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8185
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:52 pm
  • As RW would say: Tremendous!
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2913
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 am
  • Hey, David Letterman, What are you doing this evening?

    Oh, hmmm...I think I might hang out with Led Zeppelin in their box at the Kennedy Center while they get honored. No big deal.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 am
  • The choir really gave the song another layer of emotion but i have to say the Jabrone that played the solo came out flatter than Gwen Stefani.I really expected more emotion and fluidity Ann saved the day because she was flawless.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:00 pm
  • VHawk wrote:The choir really gave the song another layer of emotion but i have to say the Jabrone that played the solo came out flatter than Gwen Stefani.I really expected more emotion and fluidity Ann saved the day because she was flawless.


    Yeah why the hell they went with that guy for the solo is beyond me. He was terrible. Everything else was superb.
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8185
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:27 pm
  • Nice tribute with Jason Bohnam and the bowler hats at the end. Bonzo wore a bowler and a white jumpsuit ( a'la the droogs from A Clockwork Orange) during the'77 US tour.
    User avatar
    Donk70
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2032
    Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am
    Location: Ohio


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    VHawk wrote:The choir really gave the song another layer of emotion but i have to say the Jabrone that played the solo came out flatter than Gwen Stefani.I really expected more emotion and fluidity Ann saved the day because she was flawless.


    Yeah why the hell they went with that guy for the solo is beyond me. He was terrible. Everything else was superb.

    The dude is mediocre at best. No dynamics at all.
    User avatar
    Donk70
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2032
    Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am
    Location: Ohio


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm
  • Ann Wilson is the sexiest woman alive!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3054
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 pm
  • Anyone seen their video of GOOD VIBRATIONS, the Beach Boys arrangement?

    Most singers stay completely away from that arrangement cause its such a bitch!

    Ann & Nancy just blew down the house in Vegas with their version. Did an entire stage production like the StH one and it was a Wowser.

    :th2thumbs:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm
  • A lot of good bands have come out of the state but Heart is still my favorite. Btw anyone else not know that the 60's band Gary Puckett and the Union Gap was a Washington band? I remembered them but I though they were from the South for some reason.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1887
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 am
  • did not like the edits. Hopefully, the kids at the show got a full version. They really saved the show, other than the Foo, the rest of the acts doing Zep kinda stunk up the place.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:A lot of good bands have come out of the state but Heart is still my favorite. Btw anyone else not know that the 60's band Gary Puckett and the Union Gap was a Washington band? I remembered them but I though they were from the South for some reason.



    Think they were from Yakima or "duh" Union Gap. Had it in my mind that Gary Puckett actually went to school in Spokane for a while.

    Anyone from that area remember Jimmie Rodgers? (Honeycomb, and many other big hits, even had his own TV show) As I recall he was from a town near Yakima.(perhaps Selah)

    He was the guy that supposedly got rude with a Chips Officer while driving drunk and got the crap knocked out of him and never was able to perform again. Tho they are now trying to say that was on old wives tale I clearly remember him getting quite a settlement out of the State of California.

    Until Heart he was clearly the biggest star from Washington State.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    Until Heart he was clearly the biggest star from Washington State.

    :les:



    *cough* Hendrix *cough*
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:58 am
  • NoChops wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Until Heart he was clearly the biggest star from Washington State.

    :les:



    *cough* Hendrix *cough*



    Sorry, I see that Hendrix died as Heart was just getting started. No need to cough, even tho in the record and tape business as a rep for many years I doubt I have ever heard or seen anything he did.

    I understand that might seem strange for a Washington State resident but he held about as much interest to me as watching Minnie Pearl.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    NoChops wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Until Heart he was clearly the biggest star from Washington State.

    :les:



    *cough* Hendrix *cough*



    Sorry, I see that Hendrix died as Heart was just getting started. No need to cough, even tho in the record and tape business as a rep for many years I doubt I have ever heard or seen anything he did.

    I understand that might seem strange for a Washington State resident but he held about as much interest to me as watching Minnie Pearl.

    :les:


    I can get he wasn't your thing, but you can take every artist from WA. add them all together, and they probably don't have the same impact on music as Jimi did alone.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: Ann & Nancy ROCK Stairway To Heaven
Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 pm
  • NoChops wrote:did not like the edits. Hopefully, the kids at the show got a full version. They really saved the show, other than the Foo, the rest of the acts doing Zep kinda stunk up the place.


    Didn't think Kid Rock was that bad, could have been a lot worse.
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3536
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al




It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online