One thing I'm not liking

SeaMeat

Reaction score
This season is great.
This team is great.
I don't see an NFC threat in the playoffs (besides Seattle).
I can display my excitement if I want to.

I think OP didn't get everything on his Christmas list and is taking it out on the good folks of .Net

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean people who keep expecting us to lay 40+ on every team are sorely mistaken, but not for a second do I think it's out of line to compare this team to the '05 version. Back at this point in 2005, we had a great team and we were really happy, but we were coming off of consecutive one-and-outs in the playoffs and it left us gunshy to even know what to expect as the #1 seed. This team, at this point in time, has played a more impressive stretch of dominant games than the '05 team ever did.

Even as someone who is violently opposed to (1) emotional overreactions and (2) recency bias, I don't think the board's been bad at all. The continued expectation of 6+ TDs per game is a little bit silly, but whatever. These are fun times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heck, the 05 season was a huge surprise after all the 1 and done playoff runs etc. This team has been a huge surprise. Remember in 05, it just felt like there was something special going on. I see the same thing with this team, something is very special about this team. I had more overall confidence in 05 for obvious reasons, but man this team just has the "it" factor.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
bestfightstory":9pru58b2 said:
Interesting take.

But as a fan of this franchise for every moment of its existence I would tell you to
{SHACK Material}.....

We only get so many moments like these.
I am embracing every one of them.

My favorite moment EVER as a Seahawks fan was our victory over Washington in the playoffs in 2005 season. I was I. Attendance for the NFC Championship, as well, but nothing (for me) compared to the release of a playoff victory after 23(?) years without one.

I have worshipped ineptitude in a pretty package.

I am now celebrating the opportunity for success and stretching it outward in every direction from Feb 3, 2013.

Deal with it.

My favorite was when we beat Carolina in the playoffs after all the Carolina hype

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Is Criz really "bitching" about those excited with this team and their hopes? It didn't read that way to me (at all).

I think he's commenting on the (well said) 12-yr old type posts claiming victory already (and spouting at others on other NFL msg boards, etc).
One game at a time, I can guarantee the Hawks are taking things that way. None of this has to do with fan buzzkill, enjoying games and wins, or anything like that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2f2xwkk1 said:
Is Criz really "bitching" about those excited with this team and their hopes? It didn't read that way to me (at all).

I think he's commenting on the (well said) 12-yr old type posts claiming victory already (and spouting at others on other NFL msg boards, etc).
One game at a time. I can guarantee the Hawks are taking things that way. None of this has to do with fan buzzkill, enjoying games and wins, or anything like that.

Huh? Who SPECIFICALLY is he whining about? Examples, please. Perhaps you could provide them since you, evidently, are the only guy who correctly interpreted this dude's OP.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
bestfightstory":239akkro said:
Huh? Who SPECIFICALLY is he whining about? Examples, please. Perhaps you could provide them since you, evidently, are the only guy who correctly interpreted this dude's OP.

I refuse to believe you're this stupid.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Just because one team gets to the Super Bowl and another doesn't, in different years, doesn't mean anything.

I don't believe there was an NFC team that year as good as the Niners for instance. Just like the early to mid 90s had some great teams to overcome, therefore the championship teams from those years get in the conversation for greatest all time teams.

Also, sometimes more than record, it's how good a team is at the end of the year. This is one of he all-time great Seahawks teams with some very special story lines we may never see again. Real Rob giving an intimate picture, Young players emerging full of hope for the future, shortest starting qb in league playing at an MVP level while being a rookie, an offense free of ego, a defense who is arguably the best in the biz, and I could go on.

There were definitely better things on the 05 team (left side of line, for instance), but we are still putting up a 1500 yard runner.

Also, this team has not over achieved these past three weeks. There are lots of areas we can improve.

Is this team better than 05? I'm starting to believe it is. 05 had a great season, but this one isn't over. If we fall short of the Super Bowl, '05 will remain the greatest season, but that doesn't mean as a fan I can't compare the two.

This is personally my favorite Seahawks team of all time. The Real Rob Report's insight may have something to do with that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":3a51hnq3 said:
bestfightstory":3a51hnq3 said:

I refuse to believe you're this stupid.

INCORRECT. I must be. Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2pb9u4ew said:
Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.

Now THAT I believe. It's ok, you've had far better posts and threads.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":19bo4w3q said:
bestfightstory":19bo4w3q said:
Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.

Now THAT I believe. It's ok, you've had far better posts and threads.

Whatever, dude. Done trying to understand your point. A bunch of people, including myself jump the OP for his post. He vanishes. You defend him but decline to elaborate-instead refusing to believe I am stupid which is a way of indirectly calling me stupid when I ask for specifics.

And now this which I am also too stupid to know whether it is sarcasm or a compliment.

Back to Cloud Nine for me.

Bye-bye.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well since you all decided to ream his ass I can't imagine him wanting to come back for the red hot poker treatment. Still I read it as don't get to high there are a lot of variables that are still in play before counting us Superbowl winners in week 17.

Can't imagine what treatment he would get if h was wearing a Kelly Stouffer Jersey, he's still a fan, just was restraining his enthusiasm.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
OP what are you talking about? We ARE going to the Superbowl. You may not "like" me now for saying it but you'll sure be cheering when we are. Only difference is I knew it all along and you doubted your team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chris98251":eim1qmrl said:
Well since you all decided to ream his ass I can't imagine him wanting to come back for the red hot poker treatment. Still I read it as don't get to high there are a lot of variables that are still in play before counting us Superbowl winners in week 17.

Cause he deserved it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Let's chill guys. Seahawks kick ass. Lets be happy.

Hell, even Dom is optimistic, this is one of the best times to be a Seahawks fan.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
OP-- we have one game a week. We must fill the gaps with talk. The last four weeks we've even playing outside of what we've grown to know as fans. Let it be, live it large while it lasts. Our optimism only helps the team, not detracts...

chris98251

Reaction score
I apologise, I was reading the threads about attacking fans and this reeks of the same stuff, I did exactly what I was trying to defend against. Still it's an opinion, we are better then attacking a poster rather then the post.