Fox Sports Steal Of The 2012 Draft

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xevymol said:
What offense do you think Wilson would NOT be successful in? I cant imagine a single team, or offense, in the NFL where he wouldnt go in and be successful.

Any offense that requires him to see over his line from under center in less than two seconds, which is most NFL offenses. He'd be making blind throws. I have so much belief in Wilson that I think he could do what Brees does and make those throws anyway with enough time and cohesion with his WRs, but both NC State and Wisconsin were careful to not put him in that kind of an offense and so has Seattle. And for good reason.

Brees struggled for years in San Diego because the Chargers tried playing him like a regular QB. I think Wilson is going to be a hall of famer, but I don't think he'd be much different. If he was used wrong, he wouldn't be this special. He might not even be that good. There is a reason why GMs, coaches, and scouting departments scoff at short QBs, albeit a dumb reason. It's because they fail to realize that a system can salvage them, and they always envision a short QB flailing in a big QBs system- just like Max Hall did for Arizona in 2010.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
The TD slant to Baldwin was catch and throw, shotgun or not. Wilson better be able to make that or he's not an NFL QB. Thankfully it wasn't an issue in college and it's not an issue now. I'd take him in any system.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I think if your going to try and make the argument for system QB, RGIII is a much better fit. They completely changed their system to accommodate his experience and strengths.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":e1lza3cy said:
JSeahawks":e1lza3cy said:
What offense do you think Wilson would NOT be successful in? I cant imagine a single team, or offense, in the NFL where he wouldnt go in and be successful.

Any offense that requires him to see over his line from under center in less than two seconds, which is most NFL offenses. He'd be making blind throws. I have so much belief in Wilson that I think he could do what Brees does and make those throws anyway with enough time and cohesion with his WRs, but both NC State and Wisconsin were careful to not put him in that kind of an offense and so has Seattle. And for good reason.

Brees struggled for years in San Diego because the Chargers tried playing him like a regular QB. I think Wilson is going to be a hall of famer, but I don't think he'd be much different. If he was used wrong, he wouldn't be this special. He might not even be that good. There is a reason why GMs, coaches, and scouting departments scoff at short QBs, albeit a dumb reason. It's because they fail to realize that a system can salvage them, and they always envision a short QB flailing in a big QBs system- just like Max Hall did for Arizona in 2010.

I don't remember Drew Brees struggling that bad in San Diego. If he did it was just due to his inexperience.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3mzr2qnc said:
kearly":3mzr2qnc said:
JSeahawks":3mzr2qnc said:

I don't remember Drew Brees struggling that bad in San Diego. If he did it was just due to his inexperience.
Brees had one pro Bowl year with the Chargers, 2004, wherein he won 11 of the 15 games that he started.

In that year, he threw for 3159 yards, 27 TDs and only 7 INTs.

Sounds like Russell Wilson stats for this year, doesn't it?

Source

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Any offensive coordinator, who doesn't adjust the playbook based on his QB strengths and weaknesses should look for a new job in any system. If you are excellent at what you do best, why should anyone ask you to do something completely different?

themunn

Reaction score
kearly":3d8firsk said:
JSeahawks":3d8firsk said:

How does 6'4 Tom Brady see over 6'8 Nate Solder, 6'4 Logan Mankins, 6'2 Ryan Wendel, 6'4 Dan Connelly and 6'8 Sebastian Vollmer?

Is there some light bending going on in New England? I mean, even though he's 6'4, his eyes are maybe 6'1 off the ground, then those big guys in front of them have big helmets on too which adds another couple of inches to their height.

Do you think maybe he sees through the gaps between where they stand?? Kind of like Russell Wilson?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":1fx6nzup said:
kearly":1fx6nzup said:
JSeahawks":1fx6nzup said:

How does 6'4 Tom Brady see over 6'8 Nate Solder, 6'4 Logan Mankins, 6'2 Ryan Wendel, 6'4 Dan Connelly and 6'8 Sebastian Vollmer?

Is there some light bending going on in New England? I mean, even though he's 6'4, his eyes are maybe 6'1 off the ground, then those big guys in front of them have big helmets on too which adds another couple of inches to their height.

Do you think maybe he sees through the gaps between where they stand?? Kind of like Russell Wilson?

Do you think all offensive linemen play flat footed and at thier absolute height? I bet they fire out of thier blocks and are quite a bit lower than thier listed height.

Only when standing flat footed will Brady or Wilson not be able to see over the line.