Do you WANT the Hawks to Win the NFC West?

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
volsunghawk":108ey97h said:
It's not like the Packers have an outstanding run defense. With Adrian Peterson going for the single-season rushing record, I could see the Vikings benefiting from that in several ways. Either the Pack sells out to stop him (which is hard enough) and the Vikes take advantage as they did against Houston, or they do indeed feed Peterson and he has a monster day. Both perfectly plausible scenarios - and much more likely than Brian Hoyer taking the 49ers down in San Fran.

Oh sure -- I agree with that in principle. To me though, that's a bit like asking, "Which is easier -- finding a needle in a barn full of hay ... OR finding an individually marked grain of sand on the beach?" Both scenarios seem unlikely to me -- but slight edge to the Vikings, I guess.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Goal #1.

Win your division.

That is all.

Disssssssssssssssssssssssssmissed!

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":32ie784l said:
Goal #1.

Win your division.

That is all.

And Pete Carroll agrees with you completely there. The problem is that the Hawks didn't do their job during the season ... so don't have the #1 Seed and don't fully control their destiny when it comes to the division. Therefore (I think), you do have at least a bit of a debate here. The question really is, "Which Scenario do you honestly believe gives the Hawks the best chance of getting deep in to the playoffs -- and ultimately to the Super Bowl?"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2jdmg7bp said:
LudwigsDrummer":2jdmg7bp said:
Goal #1.

Win your division.

That is all.

And Pete Carroll agrees with you completely there. The problem is that the Hawks didn't do their job during the season ... so don't have the #1 Seed and don't fully control their destiny when it comes to the division. Therefore (I think), you do have at least a bit of a debate here. The question really is, "Which Scenario do you honestly believe gives the Hawks the best chance of getting deep in to the playoffs -- and ultimately to the Super Bowl?"

And that's clearly the one that sets you up with a decent chance at two home playoff games as long as you keep winning.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3rc8y2zr said:
LudwigsDrummer":3rc8y2zr said:
Goal #1.

Win your division.

That is all.

Few people are agreeing with ya dude. Lol

jewhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":24zsy5m4 said:
Scenario A: Finishing 2nd in the NFC West to the 49ers and having the 5th Seed (the most likely scenario) means that the Seahawks (in all likelihood) will be facing the Redskins in the 1st Round ... and the Falcons in the 2nd Round.

Scenario B: Winning the NFC West in all likelihood means that the Seahawks will be facing Green Bay AT Lambeau Field after hosting either the Vikings or Bears at Century Link in the 1st Round.
The problem with these scenarios is they ignore the potential NFC Championship matchups. In scenario A, the likely NFCCG will have us going on the road to face Green Bay or San Francisco. In scenario B, we would likely either go to Atlanta or get the 49ers at home. So even if you think scenario A gives an easier first two games (I don't), it would have a much tougher NFC Championship game.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1k4m8shg said:
Few people are agreeing with ya dude. Lol

And I find it a bit surprising that it's been that one sided honestly. Oh well though ... this is honestly a moot point because beyond what the Seahawks do against the Rams today ... they control absolutely nothing else. What Green Bay, San Francisco, the Cardinals, the Vikings, the Redskins, the Cowboys, and the Bears do is totally out of Seattle's control.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Win the Division...don't care who or where we play.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2u1c85tu said:
JesterHawk":2u1c85tu said:
We should just lose now to guarantee the 5th seed!

Just think, if we'd have lost another couple, we wouldn't have to worry about any of those extra hard games!

Better Draft picks too!

The Radish

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm past all this "what if" bullshit.

I WANT the Hawks to win the next game they are playing until there are no more games to play in this season.

Is that clear enough?

:141847_bnono:

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The Radish":2aj49kik said:

I WANT the Hawks to win the next game they are playing until there are no more games to play in this season.

Is that clear enough?

I was just curious to see how people felt ... and I most certainly have found out.

I completely agree -- today all the "What If's" start turning in to "What IS's". Today the questions start getting answered.

I'm with you -- win until you possibly can't win any more. That's where I'm at. Personally, I'm no longer concerned with this team's ability to win on the road in a hostile environment anymore -- and that's a very good thing to see. One way or another, hopefully we're still hanging around in February and having ourselves a Mardis Gras party.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkscanner":2ma0s04m said:
The Radish":2ma0s04m said:

Is that clear enough?

I was just curious to see how people felt ... and I most certainly have found out.

I completely agree -- today all the "What If's" start turning in to "What IS's". Today the questions start getting answered.

I'm with you -- win until you possibly can't win any more. That's where I'm at. Personally, I'm no longer concerned with this team's ability to win on the road in a hostile environment anymore -- and that's a very good thing to see. One way or another, hopefully we're still hanging around in February and having ourselves a Mardis Gras party.

The point is, you posed a question that traded the possibility of another division title and at least one guaranteed home playoff game for the assumption that we would beat Dallas/Washington but not Green Bay. There may be some statistical edge favoring that, but it's hardly set in stone. In a few weeks, under "Scenario B", what do you think the reaction would be if we get the 5th seed and go to lose in Dallas or Washington? Everyone here would be gnashing their teeth, saying if only we'd have won the division, we'd be Super Bowl bound, instead of back home watching.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3b2x0xwo said:
The question really is, "Which Scenario do you honestly believe gives the Hawks the best chance of getting deep in to the playoffs -- and ultimately to the Super Bowl?"

Winning the division and playing at home.

Winning 3 road playoff games in a row would be much more difficult than 1 home and 2 road playoff games IMO.

And as has already been mentioned, we will probably have to win at GB at some point anyway to get to the Super Bowl so why not take the easier road to GB, a home game.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
This team fears no one, home or away. Win the division, deflate the niners and their whiny fans even more.

Seattle Seahawks, 2012 NFC West champions by the end of the day? Sounds good to me!

Go Tards!! :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
The Radish":ucn469l2 said:

Is that clear enough?

I understood it, which should worry you Les :shock: :mrgreen: