RG3 just got a 76.7 QBR

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he practically didn't have to pass the ball all night because of the joke that Dallas calls a "defense" was on the field. Redskins ran wild. I dare them to try that against us.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
hawksfan515":32j0t6h3 said:
WTF???? He played like crap!!

Thats because QBR takes into accout a QBs impact as a runner as well as passing. RG3 made some good throws but yea his passing was off. He was killing the Cowpukes on running tho, picking up 10 yards a clip and scoring a TD. Thats why his QBR was high. He had quality runs during key moments of the game.

New member by the way...You guys have a well designed site here.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":l79p5lpl said:
hawksfan515":l79p5lpl said:
WTF???? He played like crap!!

Thats because QBR takes into accout a QBs impact as a runner as well as passing. RG3 made some good throws but yea his passing was off. He was killing the Cowpukes on running tho, picking up 10 yards a clip and scoring a TD. Thats why his QBR was high. He had quality runs during key moments of the game.

New member by the way...You guys have a well designed site here.

Thanks man :)

And just to understand, I think RG3 didn't have a great day today, but before the injury he did awesome. I just don't really like QBR...... Too weird. RG3 did OK, but not that good.

Have a nice stay here! Here's to a fun, injury free Seahawk win! :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ui7m4jz said:
Unfortunately, he practically didn't have to pass the ball all night because of the joke that Dallas calls a "defense" was on the field. Redskins ran wild. I dare them to try that against us.
Is it safe to say that the Ryans' Defense is not all its cracked up to be?

kearly

Reaction score
It's really ironic that a stat designed to be the eyeball test stat is the worst stat in the world at reflecting the eyeball test.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
kearly":4lyyzc6p said:
It's really ironic that a stat designed to be the eyeball test stat is the worst stat in the world at reflecting the eyeball test.

QBR is FAR from perfect, but it's meant to factor in alot of things. I like the concerpt but it needs tweaking. QBR helps in 3 situations I think:

1. QB's that dont put up great numbers but are clutch. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
2. QB's that have great passer ratings, but fail when it matters most. QBR can tell you this while traditinal QBR cant. See Tony Romo
3. QB's that run/scramble to put thier team in position to win. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See RG3, Michael Vick and Russel Wilson.

rideaducati

Reaction score
50% completion rate 0 touchdowns and 0 interceptions too...he is AWESOME! When Mark Sanchez has those stats, his QBR is 41.6. See jets vs. jacksonville.

themunn

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":36ip5cjc said:
kearly":36ip5cjc said:

QBR is FAR from perfect, but it's meant to factor in alot of things. I like the concerpt but it needs tweaking. QBR helps in 3 situations I think:

1. QB's that dont put up great numbers but are clutch. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
2. QB's that have great passer ratings, but fail when it matters most. QBR can tell you this while traditinal QBR cant. See Tony Romo
3. QB's that run/scramble to put thier team in position to win. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See RG3, Michael Vick and Russel Wilson.

QBR rewards players who have 3 terrible quarters and 1 good quarter.
I don't believe in rewarding players who are "clutch", if they're bad for the first 3 quarters.
Rewarding a player like Wilson for a clutch performance against New England or Chicago I agree with - because he was good for the first 3 quarters but when the game came down to the wire he took them over the edge.

Awarding Andrew Luck a 47.2 QB rating (slightly below average) for a game in which he threw 27 of 50 with 2 TDs for Indianaopolis and 2 TDs for New England (and a further interception on top of that), but giving Russell Wilson a 45.8 when he threw 2 TDs for Seattle and 0 for New York (but did fumble twice, one of which was recovered by NY and returned for a TD - however, fumble recoveries are a crapshoot and in comparison to poor decisions throwing the ball, is a lot less culpable for the QB) on a 12 of 19 for 188 yard performance was enough to tell me it's nowhere near good enough yet

Latest posts