A list of coaches and GM's fired:

knownone

Reaction score
BASF":1g2hhbsp said:
9 seasons and 9+ wins 5 times. 9 seasons before Lovie Smith and 2 seasons with 9+ wins. The team was torn apart by injuries in two of Smith's seasons without the 9+ wins. Look, I am glad he will no longer be coaching there, but the person who is responsible for their struggles has been the GM. They have not been able to get receivers for their QB's for about a decade before getting Brandon Marshall this year. They also haven't drafted a Pro Bowl offensive linemen since 1999. The drafting there has been very miss heavy on the offensive side of the ball.
Andy Reid has nine 10+ win seasons in 14 years, two 8 win seasons, 5 NFC championship appearance and a superbowl appearance.
He had 3 sub .500 years, his first year, the year Mcnabb got IRed and this year. He just got fired.
Maybe Lovie didn't get much help from his front office. Ultimately whether you are a good coach or a bad coach if you don't consistently win your division and or make the playoffs you are done. The Bears have controlled their destiny going into week 14 all but one year since 2007. They made it once in those 5 years.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think it was time for Reid. Coaches are only so good, for so long, in one place. Lovie - I'm glad he's gone - it weakens an NFC opponent.

I actually think the Jets did the right thing by keeping Rex. This is pure hyperbole on my part, but I believe the GM and owner HAD to be forcing the Tebow and sticking with Sanchez (the Sanchez thing to a degree). That team also had a TON of injuries. Maybe it was just Tanenbaum causing the nonsense?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
pehawk":1g25ws74 said:
I think it was time for Reid. Coaches are only so good, for so long, in one place. Lovie - I'm glad he's gone - it weakens an NFC opponent.

I actually think the Jets did the right thing by keeping Rex. This is pure hyperbole on my part, but I believe the GM and owner HAD to be forcing the Tebow and sticking with Sanchez (the Sanchez thing to a degree). That team also had a TON of injuries. Maybe it was just Tanenbaum causing the nonsense?

About the Lovie Smith thing.... It might weaken the Bears, which is good, but Lovie might go to the Cardinals. Said to have interviewed with them already.

Can he make the Cardinals good?? I sure hope not.

chris98251

Reaction score
Horton is already there and is a thought to be HC, adding Lovie I would think would create a conflict around schemes and Lovies whole problem was he wasn't able to get an offense going. He comes from having no WR's until Marshall to having WR's in Fitz but no QB again.

Turner would be someone I would look at if I was the Bidwells just because he can make offenses work and would come cheaper I think. Reid is out of the normal Bidwell price range and Holmgren would butt heads too much but has not had his name thrown around yet.

Lots of slots around to fill and a lot of clashing personalitys and schemes.

If Bidwell wants to play with S.F. and us he has to put some money up for a QB and a staff that works together.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd imagine the Cards are either going to promote Horton or lose him. I don't think there's any way he stays as DC.

BASF

Reaction score
The thought that worries me with the Cardinals is Chip Kelly. The possibility of bringing in a head coach from the Pac 12 (nee 10) that can go toe to toe with Carroll and Harbaugh to keep them competitive makes a lot of sense. It also gives them a very offensive minded coach that could finally bring up the phase that has been their weakness for a long time minus the Warner years. The question is would Billwell spend the money to bring him in.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2y3rubyy said:
pehawk":2y3rubyy said:

About the Lovie Smith thing.... It might weaken the Bears, which is good, but Lovie might go to the Cardinals. Said to have interviewed with them already.

Can he make the Cardinals good?? I sure hope not.
Lovie will get interviewed a crap ton. Rooney Rule. But the Cards won't sign him, he is too expensive.
I can see Lovie in Cleveland. an owner who wants to do things the Steelers way, and players will run through a wall for him. Defensive background too. Get him a good OC, and he will help make Cleveland relevant.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cowboys have been quiet, just seen a story how Garrett feels that Romo has a big future going forward with the Cowboys.

Hmmm covering or trying to get sympathy in the media I don't know, but Jones has been real quiet since the loss, not a good thing typically if your a coach on his staff.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":15lrc06z said:
I'd imagine the Cards are either going to promote Horton or lose him. I don't think there's any way he stays as DC.
Bring Horton home is Bradley gets poached.