Is Moffitt in Pete's doghouse?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Is Moffitt in Pete's doghouse?
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 am
  • What's going on with Moffitt?

Is he injured? Or has he simply lost his starting job?

Anybody really know?

TIA
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Re: Is Moffitt in Pete's doghouse?
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:14 am
  • Pretty sure he has an injury.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 am
  • My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.

what? what makes you think that he doesnt have work ethic? all because of the real rob report?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.

what? what makes you think that he doesnt have work ethic? all because of the real rob report?

I don't know as I don't watch them. What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic. It just doesn't make sense to bench the guy for a very raw, green unproven rook unless he's hurt or in the doghouse. I do not rcall any mention of an injury beyond the normal late season nicks. I do hope I'm wrong though.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.

I don't know as I don't watch them. What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic. It just doesn't make sense to bench the guy for a very raw, green unproven rook unless he's hurt or in the doghouse. I do not rcall any mention of an injury beyond the normal late season nicks. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I havnt seen anything about that on him but I wouldnt know, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was kidding when he said that, dude loves to joke around. I dont think he'd be on this team if he didnt have work ethic, in all honesty

and as for sweezy I feel like he has a rediculous amount of upside, and this game was as close to "meaningless" as we'll get for years to come. but what do i know haha
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:I havnt seen anything about that on him but I wouldnt know, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was kidding when he said that, dude loves to joke around. I dont think he'd be on this team if he didnt have work ethic, in all honesty

Definitely hope you're right and definitely hope if that is the case, he's healthy enough to go this week.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 am

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 am
  • He retweeted some guy the other day, something like "don't know how NFL athletes can work in an environment where 110% isn't enough", there was some speculation on here about that.

I have confidence they'll get it worked out, Pete said he was available if needed
    BillHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 am
  • I'm close to saying we made two busts on offensive line in him and Carpenter, it happens, we will draft more offensive linemen to fill out the needs.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 am
  • I get the feeling that John will be available on Sunday. It's possible that he's in Tom Cable's doghouse, more so than Pete's, but we're going to need him on Sunday. If Sweezy struggles again, it would be nice to have some capable cover.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 am
  • Isnt it an NFL rule that if you're injured at all, especially to the point where you might miss a game, you must be included on the injury report? Because of that, I dont think its an injury.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 am
  • Moffitt's garbage.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 am
  • I hope hes not, but it is looking more and more like he is in Pete's doghouse.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 am
  • I think we did a lot of things in the last couple games that we won't be doing in the playoffs so that our opponents wouldn't have accurate recent film to study. Starting Sweezy over Moffitt may have been one of those things. Just a theory.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 am
  • NYCoug wrote:It's possible that he's in Tom Cable's doghouse, more so than Pete's.

Good point and I agree.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote: What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic.

No, it doesn't.

Just because someone doesn't like to do something, doesn't mean they are a slacker at it or don't give 100%.

One of my closest friends pretty much hates his job, yet he shows up everyday on time, works his ass off and does a really good job. No one would ever question his work ethic.

Maybe Moffit is a slacker, I don't know, but questioning his work ethic just because he doesn't like to lift is a pretty big reach.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I think we did a lot of things in the last couple games that we won't be doing in the playoffs so that our opponents wouldn't have accurate recent film to study. Starting Sweezy over Moffitt may have been one of those things. Just a theory.

Maybe. Pete did say yesterday that Sweezy is battling for the job with Moffitt and right now he is ahead on the depth chart.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Erebus wrote:Isnt it an NFL rule that if you're injured at all, especially to the point where you might miss a game, you must be included on the injury report? Because of that, I dont think its an injury.

Not quite. You only need to list a player that misses practice, or is actually under treatment or injured and in danger of missing a game. The normal day to day bruises and stuff don't get reported. Listing smeone on the report can make him a target, so a lot of coaches won't list minor ailments. Belichick is famous for fudging on his injury reports.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I think we did a lot of things in the last couple games that we won't be doing in the playoffs so that our opponents wouldn't have accurate recent film to study. Starting Sweezy over Moffitt may have been one of those things. Just a theory.

Maybe. Pete did say yesterday that Sweezy is battling for the job with Moffitt and right now he is ahead on the depth chart.

I'd say that depth chart is probably quite fluid, and maybe designed this time of the year to lend to some deception on who's playing in the playoffs. If they think Sweezy is still somewhat a raw, green liability, and plan their game around that, only to find Moffitt there instead, that could be a huge advantage. And they are probably close enough in abilities to allow them to do that.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 pm
  • Moffit looks like a potato with toothpicks stuck in him for his limbs. Dude is not built in his upper body compared to Sweezy.

However, to question his work ethic based on his Real Rob appearances is crazy. If that was the case, then Sherm would have a crappy work ethic as well. I highly doubt both the former and the latter cases.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:08 pm
  • I dont think a lot of you realize that just because you arent first string doesnt mean you are bad.

We need back up linemen and I am glad that Moffit is our backup, Moffit could start on so many other teams.

Pete likes young players with promise, he has shown it over the years. Not afraid to start rookies or 2nd year players. Its part of what makes his programs so sustainable.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 pm
  • BamKam wrote:I dont think a lot of you realize that just because you arent first string doesnt mean you are bad.

We need back up linemen and I am glad that Moffit is our backup, Moffit could start on so many other teams.

Pete likes young players with promise, he has shown it over the years. Not afraid to start rookies or 2nd year players. Its part of what makes his programs so sustainable.

I think people are more worried because it's happening the last two games before the playoffs and the results are bad. Hell, when Kaep took over with a handful of games to go, people went nuts. This guy is in there heading into the playoffs. Did I mention that RW got mauled last game?
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:01 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:
    BamKam wrote:I dont think a lot of you realize that just because you arent first string doesnt mean you are bad.

I think people are more worried because it's happening the last two games before the playoffs and the results are bad. Hell, when Kaep took over with a handful of games to go, people went nuts. This guy is in there heading into the playoffs. Did I mention that RW got mauled last game?

The Rams have one of the best pass rushes in the entire league. They played a great game on Sunday. I think we need to give them a little credit, STL was playing like a top 15 maybe even 10 football team at the end of the year and didn't have much trouble playing on the road.

If this sort of trend continues then there is cause for concern... but good defenses will have good games against us from time to time and it isn't necessarily a lack of production from the O line but just an overall solid gameplan and execution by the other teams D.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:15 pm
  • I think Moffit is serviceable right now but not healthy, I noticed Frank Omiyale was in the game against the Rams also this last weekend.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 pm
  • I. Want him replaced in the offseason. Not impressed by his persona. He is a clown.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:22 pm
  • But what if he was into glitter?
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:29 pm
  • Hawk Strap wrote:But what if he was into glitter?

Then he is welcome to join me in the stands.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 pm
  • It answers any questions anybody might have about where that clown vanished to in TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN..............
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:It answers any questions anybody might have about where that clown vanished to in TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN..............

LOL!!!!!! OMG I just got SMASHED!

To be honest I didn't even read past the headline. I just looked here and thought it was the latest news. :oops:

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/John-Moffitt/f80517a4-cb52-4aa0-8d95-65feee6465f3

Never assume and read the freakn article!
    Bullmeister
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm
  • Well, in PC press conf today he said clearly that Sweezy is at the top of the depth chart and Moffitt will be having to compete for playing time.

Kinda answers that.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:01 pm
  • Moffit > Sweezy and was a stud his first year. his one problem is that he gets hurt a little easy or should i say is a little too quick to say he has a booboo.

if your next to a guy like carpenter who is trying to come back from a serious injury and still trying to play you can't look like the soft guy who has a splinter. pete will pull you out.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 pm
  • There is more to this. Moffit is a dog.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information