EPL 2012-2013

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
The Reds kick a bad team while they're down, finally. Hope to see more of that. With some tough games coming up we need to get points when they're available.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20j38ekh said:
Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...

How the **** did I ruin it? Damn dude you are strict if you think I did.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Kind of a lucky point for Arsenal, Southampton is certainly not the same team that got kicked around like ragdolls back in September. Both teams had goals disallowed and the Saints gave Arsenal headaches in defense and threatened to take all 3 multiple times in the last 5-10 minutes. Should have done better in the midfield and it was difficult to get the ball back from them especially in the final 3rd. Should be a confidence boost for Southampton and a tough hit to Arsenal, who need to stop this roller coaster form.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1gfetygm said:
Roller coaster form seems to be the theme for a lot of teams in the PL this season, Gate.

For Arsenal it's a bit of a different kind of Roller Coaster form. most teams are roller coaster in their results, whereas Arsenal just seem to show up as a different team for every single game and appear to win, lose or draw in the most random and baffling of ways.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1655q3vu said:
Talksport is reporting that Arsenal's interest of Wilfried Zaha has cooled admist a breakthrough in negotiations with Theo Walcott and that Walcott is set to sign a new deal.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... use-theo-w

Its really strange. I would be surprised if Arsenal meet the wage demands for Walcott but wouldn't for RvP.

But here Wenger is now placating Walcotts positional demands despite its impact on the rest of the line up (not going to argue this with you Gate, Walcott at central striker on Arsenal is not an efficient use of the entire squad, as evident today). But Wenger continues to appease Walcott and may get him resigned. Stange situation all together

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Storts":65wxdjdz said:
Far too much Arsenal on this thread
True and point taken.

Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point

Storts

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3d431ztz said:
Storts":3d431ztz said:
Far too much Arsenal on this thread
True and point taken.

Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point

We are doing what's necessary at the moment yeah, we just have to take it a game at a time and see what happens.

Think it's Uniteds title to lose, could even see City slipping back into the pack a bit. Don't rule Arsenal out either, still expect us to finish below them unfortunately.

Yeah Liverpool need some consistency, a few wins on the trot and who knows, the problem is you seem to get a few nice victories the ruin it with results like Villa and Stoke

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

Would like Holtby.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":33yuxo1d said:
Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

Would like Holtby.

If the Talksport rumor about Walcott does have any weight then it's highly unlikely, I agree with you there. I do think Holtby would be a great signing for anyone, weather or not he puts aside his love of Everton to play for their rivals is a whole other matter.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I have, for my sins, listened to a fair amount of Talksport over the last few years. They are good at breaking news but pretty poor at speculating about transfers and deals. I'm not saying that about Walcott getting re-upped at Arsenal necessarily, but , like The Sun and Daily Mail, I wouldn't go placing bets based on their 'sources'.

I haven't managed to the see any football (asides from the Seahawks and a few other NFL games) in the past few weeks but am obviously pleased with Spurs' results. Bring on a mid and a striker in January, be it Moutinho, Erikson, Holtby, Wilian, Leandro.... we need more depth if we're going to keep it up.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Chelsea have triggered Demba Ba's release clause and they are discussing potential terms. Newcastle fans will be gutted.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2u4qcx11 said:
Hawkspur":2u4qcx11 said:
While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.

I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?

It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":31p3pw6l said:
peachesenregalia":31p3pw6l said:
Hawkspur":31p3pw6l said:

I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?

It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.

Gareth Bale for me...

great result for Liverpool this evening. well played, and Suarez once again dominant. Hitting a nice stretch of form now (just in time for United). taken with Chelsea a great night, could have been better if Everton had dropped points.

peaches, not broken up about Ba. seems a risk for a team in our position. Chelsea can afford the dump if he gets hurt.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1amb2czp said:
Gareth Bale for me...

The Monkey God?! With his love heart goal celebration? And his 9.3 dives? What's not to love?