OT: Good riddance Killer Ray (Lewis set to retire).

Status
Not open for further replies.

themunn

Reaction score
docj78":35rng45p said:
OJ Simpson was exonerated by a jury of his peers, and we all know the stuff he's made of. And he was a helluva baller!! Ray Lewis had his high dollar attorneys cop a huge plea deal for him, so he could save his own skin, and give weak testimony against his buddies who were eventually acquitted. So Ray Lewis is the only one of the 3 that was found guilty of ANYTHING. That's culpability right there. Pretty shocking. The league should have banned him for life. Michael Vick is still basically blacklisted for dogfighting, but Ray Lewis is a hero? Gimme a break. A shady character on and off the field who just so happens to be a phenomenal athlete. He should be using that athletic prowess to break rocks and lift weights in the prison gym. There's a child who is fatherless, and part of that blame rests on Ray Lewis. I hope he has "found God" for his sake....... He's gonna need it.

The thing is apparently it's easier to forgive someone who has killed a man than it is someone who killed a dog.

docj78

Reaction score
Shaz":1712ed7u said:
DocJ has never done a bad thing in his life

Ever.

:roll: So what bad things have YOU done Shaz? Since accessory to murder is such a commonplace thing.............

MrCarey

Reaction score
If we paid attention to what football players do off the field, we would only like Russell Wilson.

Did you know Larry Fitzgerald is a woman beater?

Most of your favorite people have done something stupid as shit. I'll miss watching Ray play the game of football, and not caring about his personal life.

Shaz

Reaction score
docj78":jkblgruk said:
Shaz":jkblgruk said:

Ever.

:roll: So what bad things have YOU done Shaz? Since accessory to murder is such a commonplace thing.............

Well I was a wild one in my younger days. I have robbed, stolen, assaulted, almost killed and been an overall jackass of a human being. I have never been in jail either.

Amazing how fast the Army and war can humble you and set you straight

Judge all you want, you don't know what happened that night for Ray and only he and his buddy know.

taz291819

Reaction score
HawkinNY":23b2zq3e said:
It's funny how none of the media brings up what happened.

Ashley Fox did a story on it yesterday:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... omplicated

I remember very clearly when this all happened. Do I think he killed anyone? No, not at all. Do I think you may have seen what happened? Absolutely, he may have.

Ray isn't OJ, he's more like Cato.

docj78

Reaction score
Shaz":357yluac said:
docj78":357yluac said:
Shaz":357yluac said:

Ever.

Well I was a wild one in my younger days. I have robbed, stolen, assaulted, almost killed and been an overall jackass of a human being. I have never been in jail either.

Amazing how fast the Army and war can humble you and set you straight

Judge all you want, you don't know what happened that night for Ray and only he and his buddy know.

I wasn't really asking for a list lol. I'll let a fellow vet slide though. ;) I still think Ray Lewis is a garbage human being. I also see he's about to sign with ESPN. One more reason not to watch that network. :34853_doh:

Shaz

Reaction score
Dude I know it sucks to see this type of thing but how do you know how it effects him? Maybe it bothers him more than you think

Stuff like this is always Black and White in society when it really should be viewed in a gray area, no one knows the circumstances other than those involved

Overall the situation sucked and it's something he'll have to carry for the rest of his life

taz291819

Reaction score
Shaz":12v4nmfx said:
Dude I know it sucks to see this type of thing but how do you know how it effects him? Maybe it bothers him more than you think

Stuff like this is always Black and White in society when it really should be viewed in a gray area, no one knows the circumstances other than those involved

Overall the situation sucked and it's something he'll have to carry for the rest of his life

Agreed. Our country doesn't send people to prison merely for punishment, it's also meant for rehabilitation. Ray hasn't been in any trouble and has done great things for his community ever since this event happened. As Ray himself has said, "Things happen for a reason."

ivotuk

Reaction score
"he pleaded to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge in exchange for his testimony against two other defendants"

"He was there. He lied about it. Then he took a plea deal."

At minimum he saw what happened and did nothing, at worst, he was involved and the "two other defendants" were with him, and he did nothing. So sick of the "gangsters" with their "posses," it always leads to bad things when young men are trying to impress someone like Ray Lewis or Snoop Dogg. Because of that, they are accountable in some manner, but what that is, it's impossible to say.

To their credit, they have changed things and now serve society instead of dragging it down.

Pete Carroll has been serving society for years and he didn't have to get in trouble to motivate him to do so. Carroll is a man that uses his platform for the betterment of those less fortunate and should be an example for every young man that has success. Whether it be in sports, movies, music, they should follow his example.

Status
Not open for further replies.