Justin Upton anyone?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm
  • That'd be big
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Of course, are the M's willing to give up what it would take to get Upton, and would we be giving up too much to do so?
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9010
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Depends on what you would view as too much, build a cute package around any of the young arms is something I'd do personally. To me if they view Seattle as a partner, they're looking at the arms.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 pm
  • I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2160
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.

    OK Les.....

    :les:
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9010
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 pm
  • According to Dave Cameron, rumors are the M's may be on Upton's no-trade list. He also points out that enough compensation can always change a players mind. I'm not getting my hopes up. Apparently the Diamondbacks have been asking too much (which is why he hasn't been traded already) and we know too well what the M's think about overpaying for players.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2867
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 pm
  • he probably wont allow it, I think we should do what we can to get Giancarlo Stanton from Miami.
    User avatar
    Lithium
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1912
    Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.

    OK Les.....

    :les:

    Hey now, I'm as ardent an m's guy as anyone on this forum. I'm just saying after the Hamilton saga, the swisher saga, no Bourn signing, and now a Raul signing, I'm trying not to get excited about any more ms rumors. If it happens I will be psyched, especially if we only lose one major pitching prospect.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2160
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am
  • jkitsune wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.

    OK Les.....

    :les:

    Hey now, I'm as ardent an m's guy as anyone on this forum. I'm just saying after the Hamilton saga, the swisher saga, no Bourn signing, and now a Raul signing, I'm trying not to get excited about any more ms rumors. If it happens I will be psyched, especially if we only lose one major pitching prospect.

    All I've ever asked for the past year has been to get Upton, but I'm not getting excited either. With all of the talk about how we're not a good match for a trade (which brings into question just how huge of an overpay it'd have to be) and that we may be on Upton's veto list, just seems unlikely.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 am
  • I don't think it would take as much to get Upton as last year. Prospects (pitcher and field player) and maybe Montero or Smoak.

    Would be a good trade but I don't see it happening.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5097
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 am

Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I don't think it would take as much to get Upton as last year. Prospects (pitcher and field player) and maybe Montero or Smoak.

    Would be a good trade but I don't see it happening.


    Giving up Montero would be an enormous mistake, IMO. I'd be fine with trading away two prospects and Smoak.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2160
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 am
  • They should trade the owners.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2210
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:They should trade the owners.


    Yeah, but what can we get for them? More likely we'd have to pay for someone to take them off our hands.
    User avatar
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1898
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
    Location: Lacey, WA


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:They should trade the owners.

    Brilliant post. Not sure anyone had thought the owners of this team were holding them back. Certainly not within the confines of the numerous other Ms threads on here.

    Christ on a bike
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5097
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 am
  • Does Upton know we moved the fences in?
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10239
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Justin Upton anyone?
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:They should trade the owners.

    Brilliant post. Not sure anyone had thought the owners of this team were holding them back. Certainly not within the confines of the numerous other Ms threads on here.

    Christ on a bike

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests