Guess what!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Unlike Hutchison, Curry, et al, the media keeps bringing this back up, not Seahawks fans. That's why I call it the "Wail Mary," they keep crying about it.

And the sorriest thing about it, it was a catch, but they refuse to look at it any other way. Small media market teams will never get the benefit of the doubt whereas a big market team, they would probably look at it both ways. But that's life and it will always be that way.

I hope like hell we meet Green Bay in the playoffs and give them a historic beat down.

Riley12

Reaction score
grizbob":3fenbi2v said:
It was a catch, I was there :0190l: :177692:

It ranks among the most beautiful catches this season, including Sherman's sideline, tippy toe grab and that
spectacular grab (also one handed, like Tate's) against us in the Bills game.

If one handed catches don't count, you've gotta knock Larry Fitzgerald down about five pegs on the greatness meter,
from "godlike" to "Jerramy Stevens"

djb28

Reaction score
CANHawk":3etl3y9f said:
hands on ball, feet on ground. Touchdown. Suck it.
Tatetouchesdown.jpg
That right there. The only thing that matters in this whole discussion. Then and Now. Save this photo on your PC and shove it whoever's face, Each time it arises. I better grab it for after the Super Bowl! :thirishdrinkers:

thebanjodude

Reaction score
It drives me nuts that Seahawks fans are going out and saying that because Golden's feet touched the ground first, it wasn't an interception. The NFL casebook, A.R. 8.29, makes this clear.
A.R. 8.29: First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground.

Ruling: B’s ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control.
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf

I hate to add to this discussion, but it's just something that really irks me because it paints our fanbase as ignorant to anyone who knows their stuff.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
the infamous Golden Grab of Glory! I am growing to really appreciate this play and the Go get the ball attitude of Tate. (and the post, ad nauseam whining result is...we still win!)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
You know, if we win out and Green Bay wins out, then it gets settled once and for all and actually that will benefit the Hawks because it's obvious that our team has moved on while they can't get over it, so the revenge angle will likely be a huge distraction for them and could be a detriment (teams looking for "revenge" often get burned.)

HansGruber

Reaction score
I love watching other teams' fans agonize over this crap.

Finally.

Finally it's not my problem.

Love it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
HansGruber":1g04ufkr said:
I love watching other teams' fans agonize over this crap.

Finally.

Finally it's not my problem.

Love it.
LOL! I was about to write a detailed response explaining why it was a catch without referring to two feet, and then I read your post.

Not my problem. :thirishdrinkers: