Fiesta Bowl: Go Ducks!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Remember when the cougs use to brag about the 3 strait 10 win seasons? That's 3 strait 12 win seasons, and 5 strait 10 wins or more.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SilNWest":1s4xo0qj said:
I haven't watched a whole lot of Oregon, but Kenjon Barner doesn't seem like a very impressive back for all his stats in this game. He seems really indecisive.

He's a RB who's really only as good as his offensive line. He won't break many tackles adn won't make a ton of guys miss with on a dime cuts. I think his future in the NFL is as a 3rd down back catching lots of balls out of the backfield and running draws.

I thought the game today was actually pretty boring and lackluster. I was surprised Mariota won the award as I didnt really think he had a very good game. Although he did have a long TD dropped and another long TD that was not completed cuz it was lost in the lights. Nobody really stood out on offense since De'Anthony's big play came on special teams.

We're going to miss Clay and Alonso next year. Although I think we have good players to replace them. I'm excited to have some stronger, tougher RB's next year.

Btw, love me some Chip Kelly. Goes out with class. Giving all the credit to his players and a ton of credit to K State. I know a lot of opposition hate him, but he's a pretty humble good dude imo.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kenjon Barner looks like Kendrick Lamar to me...

10445643 large

KendrickLamar07-17-2012.jpg

kearly

Reaction score
Congrats Duck fans. I always thought that Oregon would destroy K-State in the "it almost happened" Championship game. Now we have confirmation.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The game was mostly enjoyable, but it wasn't exhilarating. Glad to see the Ducks handle K-State with ease, though I've been surprised by the ESPN focus on offense. It was the defense which won the day, IMO.

After the game, I spent some time thinking about it, and I'm not so sure Kelly's going to leave this year anymore. Judging from his comments, I'm not so sure he's ready to do much more than listen to NFL offers right now. I think being with the group of kids he has (and considering Tyner coming in next year), he may want to see this out in a kind of Coach K move when he went back to Duke basketball. The 2013 Ducks and 2014 have back to back National Championship potential written all over them.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":9fl158wg said:
After the game, I spent some time thinking about it, and I'm not so sure Kelly's going to leave this year anymore. Judging from his comments, I'm not so sure he's ready to do much more than listen to NFL offers right now. I think being with the group of kids he has (and considering Tyner coming in next year), he may want to see this out in a kind of Coach K move when he went back to Duke basketball. The 2013 Ducks and 2014 have back to back National Championship potential written all over them.

At this point I hope he does leave. The only way I want him to come back is if he signs a long term contract with some kind of huge buyout that will make it so we dont have to go thru this every year.

In my opinion being in limbo has really hurt our recruiting this year. Recruits dont know who their coach will be and recruits dont know what the ncaa punishment will be.

I think we'd be better off if tomorrow Chip Kelly left and we were given a 1 year bowl ban (which I dont think we're going to get).

We're going to be a top 5 team next year regardless of whether Chip is here or not. Personally i'm ready to get on with it and move to the next step.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tony Groce just reported on Cleveland radio that Chip Kelly does not plan to bring any assistants from Oregon.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3qt7j633 said:
Kenjon Barner looks like Kendrick Lamar to me...

10445643 large

KendrickLamar07-17-2012.jpg

Well, at least there both African American, other then that I don't see it.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":2wv0uy9t said:
Tony Groce just reported on Cleveland radio that Chip Kelly does not plan to bring any assistants from Oregon.

That's HUGE! Should be able to keep our recruiting class together if that is the case. I figured he'd probably take Azzinaro with him but the majority of the staff are Oregon lifers. Except for perhaps Scott Frost who might end up a head coach somewhere else in the next 5 years or so. (i expect him to be named offensive coordinator with Helfrich moving up to head coach).