Johnny Manziel... Oregon Ducks fan?!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Johnny Manziel... Oregon Ducks fan?!
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:27 am
  • Thought J would get a kick out of this.

"Quack Quack!! LETTSSS GOOOOO!" -Johnny Manziel

Johnny Manziel is, by a rather massive margin, my favorite non-Husky in college football. I had no idea he was originally an Oregon commit. Jeez, can you imagine the Ducks with Manziel?! Actually I'm really glad he isn't, because I'd be a Ducks fan on the spot.

He is the next Russell Wilson story waiting to happen. Hard not to root for the guy.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Re: Johnny Manziel... Oregon Ducks fan?!
Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:38 am
  • Yea, its a bummer. He would have been a great backup for Mariota. :)

But in all seriousness I think they both ended up in the right spots. I think Manziel would have driven Chip Kelly crazy with his improvisition. Mariota is more likely to stick to the script and execute the play while Manziel will just make up a play on his own.

Both are excellent QB's. I still think Mariota will be better at the next level, although its pointless to talk about since neither of us will change the other's mind. It will be interesting to see how Manziel does next year without his two all american tackles.

Interestingly, Texas A&M has turned into one of the biggest recruiting rivals for the Ducks. They seem to go after a lot of the same players. They stole Manziel from us, then we stole Bralon Addison from them the following year who's going to be a pretty good playmaker for the Ducks next year.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 pm
  • That same year UO highest Qb commit, 4* QB from FL Randall, ended up not even being able to get into UO. Though somehow he got into LSU, and he has yet to do anything while the two "unknowns", have been great..
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:30 pm
  • Mariota is Colin Kaepernick 2.0. Manziel is Russell Wilson 2.0.

Seriously, I think Oregon is playing for a championship (and winning it) in a few days with Manziel. When Mariota was experiencing his Kaepernick-esque brain freeze against Stanford, Manziel would have been improvising and throwing darts.

And man, I'm trying to imagine Oregon with Manziel and that new RB you guys have committed over the next 3 seasons. Oregon will be a great team with Mariota, so it's not a big deal. I just think that with that RB, defense and Manziel they would be 100% unstoppable. And REALLY fun to watch.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am
  • Manziel almost went to Oregon.. I believe he verbally committed to them at first then backed out to be closer to home.

Imagine Manziel with the weapons Oregon has? Good lord.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information