Santana Moss.......

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Santana Moss.......
Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 pm
  • While in the slot, covered by Tru scares the daylights out of me. I mean we saw what Welker, Pats, and Bess, Phins, did to him in the slot and Moss is significantly faster than both of them and a favorite target of RGIII. Tru needs to play the game of his life when manned up on moss.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Re: Santana Moss.......
Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Ehh..........better have his head on a swivel, I'd be suprised if the LOB doesn't lay the hammer down / set the tone early. :thfight7:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm
  • Remember what happend to Welker? ya he got his yards, but he sure as hell felt like he ran into a brick wall full speed.
    HawksFan83
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 pm
  • per brandon browner on NFL network. "yeah he [moss] was a little chippy [last game], so if he wants to get smacked around we got no problem smacking that dude around."
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm
  • Anybody remember the job we did on Steve Smith in the NFC championship game?

I know we're working with a whole new set of variables here, but coverage similar to that on a key skill player can and will be achieved in this game.

Fear not, Gus has SM covered. :)
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Anybody remember the job we did on Steve Smith in the NFC championship game?

I know we're working with a whole new set of variables here, but coverage similar to that on a key skill player can and will be achieved in this game.

Fear not, Gus has SM covered. :)

Well theres a difference between the Redskins Sunday and the Panthers in 2005. The Panthers only had Smith as a viable threat outside. The Redskins have Moss in the slot and than Garcon out-wide that we have to worry about.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 pm
  • I have a feeling with BB back Tru is not going to be the only one playing the nickel.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:09 pm
  • Exactly, you can put Brandon Browner man on man in the slot as the nickel and he can chip Moss at the line just like Bentley did to Smith. You have Lane and Sherman out wide against their fast guys.

The slot receiver doesn't scare me. They seem to have it figured out. They give up yards, but not a lot of TD's. That's a good thing. If they want to burn the clock and let our offense put up 5 or 6 straight TD drives while they settle for field goal tries or punts, then fine with me.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm
  • Seeker wrote:per brandon browner on NFL network. "yeah he [moss] was a little chippy [last game], so if he wants to get smacked around we got no problem smacking that dude around."

So the punk from Miami was,"A little chippy"? I am making my suprised face right now. Every player not named Cortez from that school is a punk. Might actually have to give a nod to Frank Gore as being a semi decent human from Miami even tho he is a Whiner now
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 pm
  • who say's trufant will be in the slot, lane is faster.... i think you'll see whoever is doing the better job... i hope anyways.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm
  • Pete has said Browner may even be in the slot. It makes sense. Lane and Maxwell have played extremely well for the last 4 weeks. Why mess with it? I think Browner could be very effective in the nickel, especially since Tru kept getting matched up with TE's. I'd love to see Browner matched up with a TE for a while. He'd probably pick off 2 or 3 before they'd make an adjustment knowing what a pig-headed coach Shannypants is.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Would love to see Browner in the slot jamming the receiver at the line.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:41 pm
  • I read somewhere that Tru is the 5th DB on the depth chart,so Im thinking Lane will be in the slot.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm
  • I'm not sure Brandon would do as well without the sideline as the extra defender. Might be wrong.
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Bandit anyone?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Once again, it's up to our Linebackers to stay home in the middle of the field. If Moss makes his way into their area, they either better let him know it or direct him into the eyesight of our rhinoceros, I mean, Chancellor.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:10 pm
  • Seeker wrote:per brandon browner on NFL network. "yeah he [moss] was a little chippy [last game], so if he wants to get smacked around we got no problem smacking that dude around."

lol. They got smacked around and took a L from a couple of WR who are no longer in the league last year (Armstrong & Gaffney). Cant wait until tomorrow.
    LuvMySkins
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 pm
  • Foghawk wrote:Ehh..........better have his head on a swivel, I'd be suprised if the LOB doesn't lay the hammer down / set the tone early. :thfight7:

Actually Santana Moss has lost a couple steps on the deep balls ( that's why he's in the slot now ). He's still pretty quick though. Has a tendency to get the dropsies though.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:Ehh..........better have his head on a swivel, I'd be suprised if the LOB doesn't lay the hammer down / set the tone early. :thfight7:

Actually Santana Moss has lost a couple steps on the deep balls ( that's why he's in the slot now ). He's still pretty quick though. Has a tendency to get the dropsies though.

You're right, he is still pretty quick. He is not the player he used to be but Seattle still should respect his quickness off the line.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm
  • I think a few key hits from a couple certain safeties on a certain already wounded quarterback should tell the Redskins the Hawks mean business...

hits that would make even old number 45 proud, yup #45 the original "Hitman"

remember, don't stand on the tracks, if you don't wanna get hit by the TRAIN!

GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm
  • Decleat the guy and take the penalty just to get into his head!!!
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information