Browns trying to talk to Cable

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Per NFL Network, the Browns are trying to get permission to talk to Tom about being their next coach. Although I believe that they will ultimately go a different route, Chip Kelly, I would hate to see Tom go.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ik7l4ghi said:
I thought Kelly was already locked and loaded?

Things seem to be changing as Chip is gonna go to his Eagles interview today. Man I don't want Cable to go!

Decimation

Reaction score
If you had to chose (unfortunately) who would you guys rather get a head coaching job, Cable or Gus?

I want Cable to stay..

Riley12

Reaction score
Cable isn't going anywhere.

This is his home. He has a sweet gig coaching the running side of the offense and could, somewhere down the road, become our head coach.

The Browns would have to offer way more than they'd be willing to give up - like sacrificing their young - to get Cable to budge from the PNW.

Rat

Reaction score
Imagine Tom Cable with an offense that has Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Trent Richardson.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Decimation":t8tanx4g said:
If you had to chose (unfortunately) who would you guys rather get a head coaching job, Cable or Gus?

I want Cable to stay..
Bradley! Bradley couldn't hold Cable's jock!

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope you are right about cable not leaving! After years of the next best line coach scenarios - he is the best I've seen and it will only get better over the next few years as we upgrade some of the talent. As for Gus, I think he's not ready to be the head coach. I also think these other teams want to get a piece of what Pete has. Pete and John have built a killer team in record time.

If you owned a team and wanted to turn it around fast, you would think about getting any of the brain trust in Seattle.

cboom

Reaction score
Riley12":2lra1v1g said:

This is his home. He has a sweet gig coaching the running side of the offense and could, somewhere down the road, become our head coach.

The Browns would have to offer way more than they'd be willing to give up - like sacrificing their young - to get Cable to budge from the PNW.

Cable, just like pretty much any other assistant coach in the league would leave for a head coaching job. It is silly to think otherwise.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cboom":10e9xxrq said:
Riley12":10e9xxrq said:

Cable, just like pretty much any other assistant coach in the league would leave for a head coaching job. It is silly to think otherwise.
Hey, you are back. Is Russell Wilson still the worst QB you have ever seen? I hope I got the right guy.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I wish Cable would tell them, "No thanks... I'd rather work for an organization that is committed to winning, even if it means I'm only the assistant head coach. Thanks anyway."

He'd be my hero for life. Just to have somebody call out the Browns or Bengals or Cardinals and tell them off for being cheap losers would be awesome.

dunceface

Reaction score
I dont have the quote right now but Pete was asked about Cable and he made it sound like he is a big part of whats happening on offense and in between the lines said he is not going anywhere
I would not be surprised at all if he has been promised the reigns at some point down the road to just keep him in place
This was bound to happen with all the immediate openings...and dont be surprised if it continues
I think JS is savvy enough to sweet talk these guys into staying in a great system even if the do interview elsewhere and get offered more money

Wasnt there a thread last offseason about how nobody even tried to poach him
i hope Cable punches someone else in the face soon...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Rat":33fse9c7 said:
dunceface":33fse9c7 said:
i hope Cable punches someone else in the face soon...
Hopefully not somebody on his own team this time.

I can think of an OC I wouldn't be to upset with him punching.