Shanahan comments on Carrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Don't need bulletin board material but whatever floats your boat. The game is almost here, thank goodness.

Some embarrassing things posted by both sides this week.

That's what is wrong with sports today. It has media folks (and fans) running back between teams/players going "Did you hear what he said about you? What do you think of that?". The game should be played on the field but many want to win it in the papers and in fan forums.

More drama in this stuff than the old day time soaps. I hope the loudest ones own up if whomever they were bragging on bites the dust. If you put your name to it, own it and no excuses when your pronouncements fall short.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3vkmb73y said:
HansGruber":3vkmb73y said:
Wow. I guess I'll care about Shanahan's opinion when he wins something without Elway.

He couldn't even win with Elway. The big difference was Terrell Davis. They finally had a dominant runner, and Elway was able to win big games when he had somebody that could eat clock. Elway was just Dan Marino with a great runner behind him at the end.

Dont know if I agree with this. I dont think TD would have been nearly as succesful in another run blocking scheme. This scheme has produced something like:

1 2000 yard rusher
6 1500 + yard rusher
countless 1000 + yard rushers

TD was GREAT and I dont want to take anythingaway from him, but you could EASILY make the case that Shanahans run blocking scheme was a huge reason for his sucess as a runner in this league simply because after he left, Shanahan kept cranking out 1500 runners.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't think we really need to create anymore to argue about around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.