Wagner in the lead 1-0 in DROY voting

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
2-0 because this morning John Clayton said he voted for Wagner too.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
HOly crap this is AWESOME

Guys I forgot to mention.....So far DROy's have a streak of being voted to the pro bowl. The last like 15 of them are pro bowlers, and a few HOF's. Good company for Wagner

drdiags

Reaction score
How many voters are there? Is it the entire Football Writers association I wonder? Time to go google.

EDIT: So the "official" Offensive/Defensive Rookies of the year are voted on by the Associated Press. I still haven't figured out how large the voting members are of this pool but it is a start. Link to Wikipedia entry for Rookie of the Year

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And I'm patting myself on the back. I just can't say "I told you so" enough guys. Haha. :)

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":3h3gc3f7 said:
How many voters are there? Is it the entire Football Writers association I wonder? Time to go google.

EDIT: So the "official" Offensive/Defensive Rookies of the year are voted on by the Associated Press. I still haven't figured out how large the voting members are of this pool but it is a start. Link to Wikipedia entry for Rookie of the Year

There are 50 votes. The AP is made up of a random assortment of members through out the journalist world. A lot of broadcast and papers utilize writers from the AP and their sources. Its part of AP's dedication to free, unfiltered information.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1tgzu99g said:
And I'm patting myself on the back. I just can't say "I told you so" enough guys. Haha. :)
I understand. Wagner was the single player I wanted most in the draft. Knew we were going to need a MLB and scouted many. Wagner was quite far and away the most balanced MLB out there with pretty extreme upside, IMO. I thought he'd end up the best Hawks MLB of all time, but I don't know that I thought he would be on the map this soon. Pleasant surprise even though he was my #1 draft target.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Meh, not saying he doesn't deserve props, but I wish they would wait until after the Super Bowl to announce the feel good about your player awards. We still have the playoffs to concentrate on and the players should be 100% in the team-first mode.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2t984gx0 said:
Meh, not saying he doesn't deserve props, but I wish they would wait until after the Super Bowl to announce the feel good about your player awards. We still have the playoffs to concentrate on and the players should be 100% in the team-first mode.
I can agree with this. I don't like the Gus Bradley news and the possibility of it becoming a distraction.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I know nanomoz was high on him as well, as he's a Utah State alum and is the guy here who watches more Utah State football than I do (and I watch a lot!). I wanted Turbin as I felt he'd step right in when Lynch needed a breather and I wanted Wagner. Wagner is a smart player. The only thing I thought teams would hold against him was that he was skinny looking. But he's bulked up and still kept all of his skills.

Every time the ball was snapped Bobby was there on the spot in college. I don't care what conference you're playing in or what kind of conference you're in. If you have that kind of awareness and can call a defense on the field, then you're a good football player. Some things can't be taught. Speed, the nose for the football, and the knack for making huge plays just seem to be some of those that are natural and Bobby was born with them. I wanted to keep the Heater, but once we had Wagner I knew we had just upgraded and would be just fine. Bobby to me was Lofa in college with all of the things Lofa was missing - 1- Good health (Lofa was always fighting some injury due to #2) 2- Size. 3- Speed to burn. He is a natural and as much as I loved Lofa, I think Bobby will be a much better player over a longer period of time due to the fact that he's big enough to stay durable, and he's got a large enough frame that he can bulk up even a bit more and not lose his speed like Lofa did. Lofa had to make a choice of being bulky enough to play, or small and fast enough to be great. Unfortunately he ended up caught in the middle and his career just fell apart. I feel bad for that dude. If he had been blessed with Bobby Wagner's size, he'd have dominated the NFL for 12-15 years.

kearly

Reaction score
How weird would it be if Wagner won a RoY award and Wilson didn't?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":29xkpd8j said:
How weird would it be if Wagner won a RoY award and Wilson didn't?

Weird but understandable due to the Luck/RGIII media-lovefest. Any other year and Wilson wins it hands down and it's not even a debate.

I'm still holding on to hope that Russell wins it. Or even shares it with RGIII, I would be cool with that as well.

Latest posts