Browns trying to talk to Cable

chris98251

Reaction score
Seems the Browns are throwing out a 5 mile net hoping to grab anyone of relevence for a interview. The guys in charge are hedgeing their bets in case they don't get the trophy fish they want.

dunceface

Reaction score
Here is the quote I was thinking of...
“Tom is a really, really committed guy in what we’re doing. That’s why we fit so well together. He’s the kind of guy that I need to carry the message about the zone running game. He’s such a good teacher that his guys know that he’s helping them, so they listen really intently and they follow.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... b7ef2c8ac3

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
cboom":rechx6mm said:
Riley12":rechx6mm said:
Cable isn't going anywhere.

This is his home. He has a sweet gig coaching the running side of the offense and could, somewhere down the road, become our head coach.

The Browns would have to offer way more than they'd be willing to give up - like sacrificing their young - to get Cable to budge from the PNW.

Cable, just like pretty much any other assistant coach in the league would leave for a head coaching job. It is silly to think otherwise.

Almost as silly as saying Russell Wilson is the worst QB you've ever seen....and, after all, you've seen 'em all. 8)

Twisted

Reaction score
Decimation":gma7i6s2 said:
If you had to chose (unfortunately) who would you guys rather get a head coaching job, Cable or Gus?

I want Cable to stay..

why would anyone want to alter the magic at this point?

seems to me everyone on this team would want to stay and see where it ends up, then decide?

Decimation

Reaction score
Twisted":1ft9r9hh said:
Decimation":1ft9r9hh said:
If you had to chose (unfortunately) who would you guys rather get a head coaching job, Cable or Gus?

I want Cable to stay..

why would anyone want to alter the magic at this point?

seems to me everyone on this team would want to stay and see where it ends up, then decide?
True.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well things are getting more interesting, Adam Schefter just reported that the Browns are now continuing their coaching search without Chip Kelly in mind, meaning the Hawks better give Cable a raise if they want to make sure he stays around.

Zowert

Reaction score
Cable should be the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks.

Well... I'm not sure actually. Depends how well Russell Wilson and Tom Cable mesh.

Zowert

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2q91ckay said:
Well things are getting more interesting, Adam Schefter just reported that the Browns are now continuing their coaching search without Chip Kelly in mind, meaning the Hawks better give Cable a raise if they want to make sure he stays around.

Its going to be a HUGE hit to our offense if Cable leaves.

dunceface

Reaction score
Mandu":2lzym4ln said:
Sounds like Kelly might have been trying to shake down Phil Knight for a little more coin.

"Strongarm" Kelly