Bears Want to Interview Bevell

hawksfan515

Reaction score
EasyE":3fcoldwb said:
soxhawk":3fcoldwb said:
RW is the brains of our offense. Makes Bevell look good.

Precisely. /couldCareLess

You don't even know dude, you are just totally guessing. All the credit for the offense should be divied up into good execution and good playcalling. You can't just say Russell is doing great with no help from Bevell.

soxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1wlrxxyp said:
EasyE":1wlrxxyp said:
soxhawk":1wlrxxyp said:
RW is the brains of our offense. Makes Bevell look good.

Precisely. /couldCareLess

You don't even know dude, you are just totally guessing. All the credit for the offense should be divied up into good execution and good playcalling. You can't just say Russell is doing great with no help from Bevell.

If the Bears had the choice, they'd rather have RW over Bevell.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I like Bevell. It takes everybody some time to find their groove. He's found his. Let it ride man. He didn't get much of a chance in Minnesota because Favre was there and he didn't take orders from anybody, and Childress called his own plays. Now he's building an offense. He's young. It wasn't that many years ago that Bevell was winning a Rose Bowl as a QB for Wisconsin. He didn't get dumb overnight and he didn't get smart overnight. It's a process, and many great coaches are those who've honed their skills over years and years. Well... Bevell's play calls have improved tremendously as he's had the leash lifted on the QB and the team looks fantastic. I'd rather keep him. We're running a better offense than Norv Turner has in years, and he seems to be the measuring stick for OC's according to a lot of folks. I'll keep Bevell thank you.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I don't at all like the idea of changing O-coordinators on Wilson after on year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If i had to lose Bevell, Bradley, or Cable, I'd probably go with Bevell as he has had the most struggles and is less of a personality. But I hope we can keep all our coaches as next year we have only a few Free Agents and should be even better with a much easier schedule.

BigMeach

Reaction score
-The Glove-":34arn2lv said:
BigMeach":34arn2lv said:
I've defended Bevell all year. Everyone exagerates the bad plays and lays the good ones on others. Bevell is a big part of why we're where we are.
Um no...today was a good example of what Bevell's capable of.

At least make sense if you're gonne quote me and disagree.

themunn

Reaction score
lukerguy":15jfwj4w said:
I'll still let him go. I don't think he's a great play caller.

He's a great play designer, but not great at actually calling plays IMO.
I think he'd be a great coach if there was someone out there who actually told him which of his plays to use and when

Galen96

Reaction score
I don't like Bevell one bit... but I'd rather not force the team to learn another playbook.... AGAIN....

If he would just learn how to call screens to back up defenses, he probably wouldn't irritate me so much.

kearly

Reaction score
I bate Bates would love working for Bevell. lol.

I hope Bevell stays. He's no genius, but his playbook seems like a very natural fit with Wilson/Lynch. His playcalling variety and creativity has improved month by month since coming here. That said, he will look very ordinary without Wilson. And I don't think he'd last in a franchise that just fired a 10-6 coach.

acbass

Reaction score
If he goes, I'd offer the job to Cable. The guy is already familiar with Wilson, knows what works and what doesn't. I think it would be a fairly smooth transition.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's funny, some folks are castigating Bevell for not changing plays quick enough. So, what's he supposed to do ? IF we run 2 run plays, and they don't go for much, we just abandon the run and go 5 wide the rest of the game ? Brilliant.

You execute your game plan, since it was scouted and practiced all week. Usually the reasons plays don't work is getting defeated in individual matchups. Getting in poor sets against a defense or personnel grouping is on the QB for in game/ in play adjustments. Getting back to executing the game plan, you make minor adjustments in between series, then you go into halftime, get your aggragate information from the half, and make the major adjustments.

I've seen this done with damn near every good coach out there. The GB game this year against us. The Patriots just about every game (they are good enough that they can make end of quarter adjustments....a lot of this is Brady).

If we lose Bevell, I'm going to bet a lot of people will be whining for him after he's gone, vs. whining against him right now. He's done a great job of implementing a new offense during the season; I'm positive the zone read was never on the table during TC. He's also done a great job with a rookie QB that didn't get 1st team TC snaps like every other starter in the league did.

warden

Reaction score
I think JS needs to give our coaches a big raise, to help convince them to stick around

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":bzu3cl6k said:
It's funny, some folks are castigating Bevell for not changing plays quick enough. So, what's he supposed to do ? IF we run 2 run plays, and they don't go for much, we just abandon the run and go 5 wide the rest of the game ? Brilliant.

Hey, clown; presumably, you're referring to me. I specifically made reference to a number like 16 or 17, and I never said or implied you abandon the run. I said change the play-calling so you stop getting gashed. The main problem was their front 4 alone were getting massive pressure against Wilson every single passing down, and our passing game was pretty much non-existent. Any smart offensive coordinator knows you need to start calling quick passing plays if your O-line can't get it done whatsoever against an unexpectedly great and consistent pass rush.

What a joke of a response you typed up. Seriously.

Sturm

Reaction score
Bevell as an O-Coordinator is good.

Bevell as a head coach is a joke.

ceej22

Reaction score
hawksfan515":z6tagjdr said:
HAhahaaha lol people say he sucks, but yet other teams want him now.

His biggest haters probably aren't gonna own up to it though.

I'll own up to it. The Miami game was tough to watch. He won me over since then by mixing it up and introducing the read option. Now I would hate for him to leave. The team has something special going on right now and I want everyone to stay.

EDIT: A word

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I also don't want Wilson changing offensive coordinators all the time. I'd prefer continuity.

Latest posts