How many of you witnessed both playoff road victory's?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I was 24, father of two, Navy veteran, and civilian nuclear plant operator living in SoCal. Damn, it hurt when we lost to the ray-duhs the next game!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dirtball":2oeqj9uw said:
CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.
See my post a couple above yours. I was also 27 and yeah my friend we are freakin' old.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I do not envy you old farts...I was -2 years old the last tight we won a road playoff game.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I was living on the north side of Queen Anne hill, one block up from the 318 tavern. Damn they had some good burgers at the time. I know it was a helluva game, but particulars are a little hazy now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Remember watching the 1983 game with my Dad in the living room. Both games .were the coolest.

impacthawk

Reaction score
As a just turned 18 year old full fledged 100% Seahawk fan and season ticket holder with my folks, we were very much into that game at home in front of the TV. And up until that moment and for quite some time after (NFC Championship game), it was the single greatest franchise game. No one, and I mean no one expected us to come away with a victory. I still have in my possession, the VHS tape of that game....and it will always be so. Go Hawks!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
20 years old sitting with my future ex father in-law in Vancouver WA. He is a huge Fins fan and I don't remember why but I do remember always trying to convert him over. Anyway the win gave me bragging rights at the fishing hole for a while. But he never passes up the opportunity to give me crap when we look bad. Haven't heard from him in a while...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just thought of another parallel with that 83 and the one today. We beat the hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm in that playoff game. Granted there were a few of them this year, but this year also we beat a hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm.

Boiler

Reaction score
I didn't actually see it live, but I "witnessed" it in a sense. I had to listen to the 1983 game on the radio because my family was on a vacation in California (in a station wagon, just like the Griswolds).

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I remember the 1983 divisional playoff game very well. The game before it was our first playoff game in franchise history where we beat the Broncos in the Kingdome during Elway's rookie season, 31-17. Then went out to Miami and beat the heavily favored Dolphins, led by Marino (and Mark Duper and Clayton) - we came from behind and won when Krieg hit Largent on that long fade route followed by Warner's skirt around right tackle.

I watched that game dozens of times when I was a teenager because we had a Sony Betamax and I had it recorded - used to pause it and try to take pictures of the still frames, lol. I also remember the crazy catch Duper had when it bounced off Shelton Robinson's chest and landed in Duper's arms.

Largent's 4th quarter catch is still one of the most exciting plays in Seahawks history, to me at least.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Just out of the the Navy...
23 years old and living in Texas...
We were having a bar-b-que that day...
I was the only one watching the game...
Had a fine Latina lass wanting to play...
Room mate got her instead...
And her STD's...
Ah memories.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I was ten listening to it on the radio in my bed room since no one in my family cared. Even though I grew up south of Seattle my brother is a huge Bronco fan and my dad is a big Viking fan. That was one of many games listened to on the radio back then. Often I'd have to sneak them in because my mom wouldn't let us watch football on Sunday as it is our Sabbath Day. Makes me appreciate my 60 inch HDTV with Surround in my Hawk Cave that much more:)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wartooth":1nrtackm said:
Just out of the the Navy...
23 years old and living in Texas...
We were having a bar-b-que that day...
I was the only one watching the game...
Had a fine Latina lass wanting to play...
Room mate got her instead...
And her STD's...
Ah memories.
Let this be a cautionary tale all you youngsters, being a Seahawks fan is always the righteous path.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I was 22 and watched it with 4 of my buddies at my apartment near Sea-Tac airport, The Olympic View apartments, now gone. I went to Sea Tac to welcome the Hawks home after they lost to Oakland in the AFCCG. That's where I heard Reggie Mckenzie bellow out that he was "proud. Damn proud to be a Seahawk". Awesomesauce!

drdiags

Reaction score
I watched both. I was 27 going on 28. Hope I don't have to wait another 29 years to see the next one.

HawkRedhooker

Reaction score
I was 24 and it was my first year with season tickets. Great year to get them. Of course I saw it on TV. Lived in Oregon at the time.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Yup I was 20 something LOVED IT then LOVE IT NOW!

godawg

Reaction score
I moved to Seattle in 83 when I was 28 and adopted the Hawks as my team. With Curt Warner running like that, I figured there would be many more playoff victories.

Rainger

Reaction score
remember it well. I was on the 50 yard line in the game when we destoyed Denver in our first home playoff win. I was at my home the next week when I watched us beat the fins. Man it was great. But I hated the next weekend when we lost to my old fan team (was a raiders fan till the hawks came into the league) and forever did not want the raiders again. Oh that was a tough time becuase shit happened from then on.

Latest posts