Is McCoy this years Jeremy Stevens?

Bomgoat

Reaction score
McCoy has to make that catch right before the half...had me screaming. If he pulls that in we probably go up by 3 heading into the half. Had me thinking of Stevens during the Super Bowl run in 06.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
McCoy is a beast at run blocking. I never remember seeing that from Stevens. McCoy also hasnt beat his fiance lately (if he has one).

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
McCoy has pretty much avoided that kind of drop all season, it was frustrating but let's not forget the guy has had a pretty amazing year. Don't compare him to Stevens who was not only a crappy player but a POS human being.

CPHawk

Reaction score
No, McCoy is actually a likable guy and he wasn't a 1st round pick. Can't lump the two together.

Reaction score
(drops) ...very few and far between...THANK GOD it didn't cost us the game !!
...should've caught the ball and he'll be the first to tell us that !!

:th2thumbs:

ensett

Reaction score
Mccoy is a backup TE. Cant compare a backup TE to a starter

w00t

Reaction score
his only downfall is catching those clutch passes when we need him to.

his blocking is pretty good.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He'd have to rape a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of people on the quick to be the next Jerramy Stevens.

PascoHawk

Reaction score
McCoy has been solid for us this year, a pleasant surprise really. It was one bad play.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
As somebody not a Seahawk fan...I honestly believe THIS team has exponentially more fortitude and toughness than the 05 team. You will make it to the Super Bowl if you show the character and heart shown today.

kearly

Reaction score
Decent comparison, but I think Stevens was more talented but was held back by his character much more so than McCoy. McCoy's hands were better this year but he had hands of stone in 2011, he was Courtney Greene / Keary Colbert bad that year.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Someday he'll get married to a hot soccer chick that's out of his league too.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
When you see Miller catch a pass like he did, and then watch McCoy drop the one that he did -- How can anyone not be asking themselves how this dude made the roster?

hawker84

Reaction score
oh come McCoy's not that bad, he made the roster because he has talent,... he's made some huge plays for us this season, let's all not forget that.. ya he's had a few drops too, but i think the positives outway the negatives with him this season.... he's a good back up tight end..

ensett

Reaction score
After the first preseason game though, it looked like he played his way out of this league, but then he really stepped it up, he probably knew his career was in trouble. He isn't starter material but he has definitely earned his place in the NFL as depth at TE, and thats what hes been

SharkHawk

Reaction score
McCoy can block, has been a model citizen, is a good teammate, and has improved in good increments since he got here. He didn't cause a public media circus ruckus, he didn't get arrested. He dropped one ball. He seemed assignment correct to me throughout the entire game yesterday. He did one thing wrong. He had a ball thrown a bit low (still should have caught it) and tried to turn upfield and score a TD for his team and brace for an oncoming hit from a defender all in one motion without bringing the ball around to the front and securing it to his chest. It was a fairly easy play, but all factors put in, it was easy to see in slo-mo why he dropped it. He didn't sulk. He didn't whiff on blocks. He went right back and did his thing and did fine. I didn't hear him giving bulletin board material or anything else.

As for Stevens... the guy is a piece of crap, but he did play fairly well in that Superbowl, and in fact caught a tough pass on that play that was called back on the phantom hold on Locklear, and guess what? Joey Porter was a complete non-factor. So, as much as we have material on Stevens and always will... I don't see any comparison between him and McCoy aside from being Seahawks TE's.