How many of you witnessed both playoff road victory's?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I was -2, and I sincerely hope I'm not on here 29 years from now talking about this god damn game.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I was 2 years old at the time of the first road win, so nopes. I became a fan at around 6 years old, and have been die hard ever since though.

baumer64

Reaction score
I was in my first year of college home for Christmas vacation. I very much remember how excited we were not only that we had finally made the playoffs but then to beat the Dolphins who were heavily favored.

rjdriver

Reaction score
11 years old. Spent the night at a friends house who had (at the time) a big screen tv. One of those projector ones with the blue, green, and red lights. Woke up and watched the game. I'll have forever ingrained in my memory the players hoisting Chuck into the air on their shoulders. What a great memory. It was tough to lose the next week to a team we had beaten twice already.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I did, but I was 6 at the time of the first. I listened to all the games, knew the players, but probably didn't really understand the significance of the games. All I understood about playoffs at that point was, win or go home. Losing meant I didn't get to listen to the Hawks on Sunday afternoons...

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I was 16 at the time. Couldn't believe we beat the FIns. They were supposed to be the golden boys and we stripped them of that. I think football is more exciting now. I was a hawks fan in Maryland at the time. Tough to get info before cable and the net (yes kiddies there was football and life before cable and the net:) Now I can watch highlights anytime, see interviews, get hyped up wit Rob Report, get more gear and share it with my family. If memory serves correct the Fins got us back the next year.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
I was 13 and watching it from the midwest. I guess I was a bandwagoner as it was those playoffs in which I started following the seahawks thanks to my Uncle from Tacoma. I got hooked hard despite the ups and downs through out the years from that team from across the country in the great northwest. :th2thumbs:

birdman5

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bxh5u4u said:
Dirtball":1bxh5u4u said:
CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.
See my post a couple above yours. I was also 27 and yeah my friend we are freakin' old.

I enjoyed the hell out of both games too. I was only 25 for the last one. I'm glad I'm not old like you guys.

zhawk

Reaction score
I saw them both... ecstatic when we beat Miami, po'ed when we lost to raiders and had to watch Washington and Oakland play while my wife was in labor I the hospital . She was born hours later.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I was 11 in 1983; my folks had season tickets. I remember they were gone on Christmas eve for the Denver WC game. We watched the Miami game from a friends house- they had a big party at their house. A lot of my friends were there also. It was CRAZY in that house during the game. I don't remember a single play from the game, I just remember the party, all these adults and kids going nuts as we beat the Dolphins. Been 100% balls deep with the Hawks since that season.

grizbob

Reaction score
Guilty as charged! Just starting my 3rd decade of life :les: The next week taught me I should start wearing a cup when watching my Hawks :roll:

djb28

Reaction score
That was the year I started watching them I was 12

Termite

Reaction score
While in the Air Force I had a part time job as a security guard. I was driving around in my truck listening to that game. And then came the raiders.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3mxloted said:
Just thought of another parallel with that 83 and the one today. We beat the hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm in that playoff game. Granted there were a few of them this year, but this year also we beat a hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm.
Not only that...but our stud RB in both games scored the go ahead TD in the same corner of the endzone (as viewed on TV) in the fourth quarter. Then there were late fumbles that allowed insurance FGs.

I remember the "Bronco Buster" hoopla and my Grandmother was a huge Hawks fan. I was interested on what it was all about (the rest of my family was not into sports) and I believe the '83 playoff game versus the Broncos was the first game I had actually watched. I was hooked. The Miami game the following week was my second. I was 14.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I was 34 y/o at the time, soon to be 35 so I remember the game well. What a rush. The victory was so unexpected. The Hawks were 8 point dogs. Nobody really gave them a chance against Marino and the likes of the Marks Brothers... Clayton and Duper.

I'm now 63, soon to be 64, and I love this Seahawks team like none before.

Yesterday's road playoff victory was so sweet. This Hawks team is special and we all owe Pete Carroll and John Schneider a HUGE debt of gratitude for what they have accomplished in three short seasons. Simply amazing. We are just entering the glory years of the Seattle Seahawks.

Just make sure that you really drink in every moment because you never know what will happen in the future.

GO HAWKS!!

bingotown

Reaction score
I was 16!at the time and remember watching in astonishment. Couldn't believe we beat the heavily favored fins. I remember thinking this was it! It was our year nobody could stop the momentum we had gained by winning that game. I am going to stop there as to not even take a chance at jinxing this beautiful season. FIGHT ON BLUE!!!!

509hawk

Reaction score
Not born for another 2 years. This was my first time and it was special.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I have it was the first year I became a hawks fan

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Like a few of you, I was 11 and had been a fan for 3 years up to that point, I was so stoked that we pulled it off at Miami ... I was just old enough to understand the gravity of what we had done.

Epic !