Going to Atlanta?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Going to Atlanta?
Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm
  • Going to Atlanta. 1st time since the 2000 season,(which the Hawks won). Sitting on the Seahawks side section 344. Lets be loud and proud. GO HAWKS!!!
    BALL HAWKER
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Going to Atlanta?
Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 pm
  • We should try to find a bar to go to on Saturday night. We can invite Tony Ventralla & get on Seahawks.com
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I am very seriously considering flying out to Atlanta. Tickets on StubHub aren't too spendy, which surprises me a bit. Airline tickets are ridiculous but I can probably use miles for that. The connections suck so I'd have to fly out Saturday and come back Sunday.

Any suggestions for good places to stay? Clean, inexpensive? Is the neighborhood near the stadium any good for food, bars, that sort of thing?

I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat if I could fly out of here at 6 AM and make it there for kickoff, but that doesn't work, it's going to have to be a Saturday departure with an overnight, mostly because of the time difference...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 pm
  • BTW, Ticketmaster shows quite a few seats available at all price points. I think the prices on StubHub may even be below face value for the upper level end zone seats...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 pm
  • sitting 2nd row behind the hawks bench section 139.....awesomest work after xmas "bonus" ever!!!!

there from friday thru monday..let us meet in an area not prone to shooting or stabbing....as i shall be fully decked in SEAHAWKS!!! gear
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am
  • Hey I'm gonna be at the game... section 327... new here but hoping to see other Hawks fans this weekend!
    PNW native stuck in the South
    disturbedesv
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 am
  • Just bought my tickets on Ticketmaster. Section 213. Definitely interested in meeting up the night before the game.

GO HAWKS!
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 am
  • I'm staying out by the airport & planning to take MARTA to the game. There are all the usual chain hotels downtown, but they're typically much more expensive than if you stay out in the burbs. Not sure about bars to go to. I have two friends that live in Atlanta. I'll email them & see if they have any recommendations.
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am
  • BocciHawk wrote:I am very seriously considering flying out to Atlanta. Tickets on StubHub aren't too spendy, which surprises me a bit. Airline tickets are ridiculous but I can probably use miles for that. The connections suck so I'd have to fly out Saturday and come back Sunday.

Any suggestions for good places to stay? Clean, inexpensive? Is the neighborhood near the stadium any good for food, bars, that sort of thing?

I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat if I could fly out of here at 6 AM and make it there for kickoff, but that doesn't work, it's going to have to be a Saturday departure with an overnight, mostly because of the time difference...

The Courtyard on Campcreek pkwy. 15 minutes from Dome and 5 minutes from airport.
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am
  • If anyone has any kind of question about Atlanta please let me know. I know the ins and outs and can help you out.
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 am
  • I can't get tickets, but I could definitely come down to ATL to enjoy a few cold beverages and socialize with some fellow 12s before kickoff/after the game.

fun fact of the day
    : drinking before an event is called "pregaming" in the South... not "prefunking" like we always called it back home.
    HawkSouth
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 am
  • Coming down I85 from Greenville SC. What's the easiest way to get to the dome? Exit, parking, any kind of recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance
    BALL HAWKER
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 pm
  • BALL HAWKER wrote:Coming down I85 from Greenville SC. What's the easiest way to get to the dome? Exit, parking, any kind of recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance

I85 south to I-20 West
    This is right in downtown.
    I-20 west to McDaniel street.
    Right on McDaniel Street to Northside Drive. ( McDaniel dead ends onto it)
    Right on Northside Dr. Dome is 2 miles on right.
    Plenty of parking on Northside Dr.
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm
  • I just ordered 3 tickets off of stubhub.
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm
  • I would like to go with a group aswell
    yungeva
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Is there an Atlanta person here willing to take point and organize a tailgate or something? That would be awesome.
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm
  • I will!
    Be happy to show my Hawks family the"A".
    I will not be going to the game, but will come to the tailgate!
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm
  • I will be there. Sec 130. There are a couple of restaurants close to the Dome. Stats is popular, but you will need to get there early as it will be packed.
    volshawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:28 pm
  • SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL wrote:If anyone has any kind of question about Atlanta please let me know. I know the ins and outs and can help you out.

Do you recommend taking the MARTA into the city or is driving and parking not such a nightmare
    BALL HAWKER
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:12 pm
  • BALL HAWKER wrote:
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL wrote:If anyone has any kind of question about Atlanta please let me know. I know the ins and outs and can help you out.

Do you recommend taking the MARTA into the city or is driving and parking not such a nightmare

Marta will definitely be packed. Parking is rather simple and easy. Lots range from 10 to 20 dollars depending on distance from Dome.
    I would drive. Marta will be crazy at end of game
    SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 am
  • BALL HAWKER wrote:Coming down I85 from Greenville SC. What's the easiest way to get to the dome? Exit, parking, any kind of recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance

Wow seriously? Me too! Headed out Sat night...
    PNW native stuck in the South
    disturbedesv
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am
  • We bought our tickets and are flying down on Saturday afternoon. I would love to know if there is going to ba any hawks fans getting together to tailgate before the game so we can join. We also get in at 7 EST on Saturday, any good recommendations of sports bars to watch the Packers & 49ers>
    jgwood675
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 am
  • disturbedesv wrote:
    BALL HAWKER wrote:Coming down I85 from Greenville SC. What's the easiest way to get to the dome? Exit, parking, any kind of recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance

Wow seriously? Me too! Headed out Sat night...

if you want my recommendation, don't go down 85 all the way, traffic is a nightmare, if you can get over to 20W and hit 285 N (i realize its out of the way...but still)you can take MARTA off of the indian creek exit, parking is free and MARTA will cost i think $5 for a round trip, you will get service straight to the dome...if you are staying locally look at staying in Conyers/Newton, right by the interstate are plenty of Hotels and restaurants/bars, and its easy access to the interstate..if you have any questions just shoot me a message on here
    keepertd
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information