POLL: On a scale of 1-5, how bad's Clem injury affect us?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

How much of an impact will the Clem injury have on our chances of winning the Super Bowl this year?

5 - No way in hell we win the Super Bowl now
1%
4 - Extremely unlikely at this point now
3%
3 - Really, really hurts our odds, but there's a slim chance.
27%
2 - Hurts, but not too badly, we still have a great shot
64%
1 - Not worried at all, next man up and it doesn't affect our chances at all.
4%

Total votes : 91

• On a scale of 1-5. How bad does the injury affect our Super Bowl chances this year?
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• I think that, unless the defensive line steps up or we start to blitz more, we will have problems taking on teams like Atlanta, Green Bay, Denver and New England. It will be interesting to see how our coaching staff adapts this late in the game.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• I'm actually leaning right between one and two with how admirable our depth has played I betcha we keep cruisin regardless clem was great against the run though
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Really need the other D-line starters to step up and compensate, also including the offense. Jump ahead by a few scores and then the game gets easier to win.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Of course it hurts, but this team doesn't give up. Those days are over, and the fanbase needs to understand this team doesn't fall into the same traps that old S.O.S. teams have fallen prey to in the past.

It doesn't matter the location of the game.

It doesn't matter what time the game is played.

It doesn't matter what color jersey they wear.

It doesn't matter what the score is after the 1st quarter.

It doesn't matter if a man goes down in a game. The responsibility falls on the next man in line to do his best, while the others on the field elevate their game to help fill the void.

That, is how Champions play the game. You meet the challenge head on and compete. You overcome.

That is the mentality that Pete is instilling in this team, and the fans as well.

I'm In
    White Devil
    NET Rookie

• White Devil wrote:Of course it hurts, but this team doesn't give up. Those days are over, and the fanbase needs to understand this team doesn't fall into the same traps that old S.O.S. teams have fallen prey to in the past.

It doesn't matter the location of the game.

It doesn't matter what time the game is played.

It doesn't matter what color jersey they wear.

It doesn't matter what the score is after the 1st quarter.

It doesn't matter if a man goes down in a game. The responsibility falls on the next man in line to do his best, while the others on the field elevate their game to help fill the void.

That, is how Champions play the game. You meet the challenge head on and compete. You overcome.

That is the mentality that Pete is instilling in this team, and the fans as well.

I'm In

Amen, Ace Ventura, Pet Dick.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Other than RW I dont think the loss of any ONE player on the team "hurts" this team. To many schemes too many other good players that are just waiting for their turn.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• Clemons is good but he doesn't make that defense. If they were known for their pass rush and if he had close to 20 sacks and was the generally the only one getting pressure on the QB then I would feel differently. At this point I feel that losing Lynch, Sherman, or Wilson are the only ones that would significantly hurt our chances.
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• I voted 2
    Just seeing Irvin get so much pressure when Clemons went down was amazing. Idk what it is but when they both are on the field Bruce doesn't seem as effective. Although , That was against a gun shy Qb most likely.

If Bruce can help out and not screw up the run defense it won't hurt us to bad I hope.
    Last edited by WSUhawk4life on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

• We are going to see how the next man up philosophy works now. It's been pretty good this year.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• I went with 3 just because I am always nervous.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Well, Bruce is going to have to step it up for sure. Maybe if he can get into the groove of a game by playing more snaps it won't be a huge drop off. I have this feeling Bruce just needs to play. The more he is out there the better he is gets as the game goes on. I never liked being pulled out every other play. I don't know, just my opinion. Clem is a great player, but I think we can get around it.
    acbass
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information