Irvin to start at Leo officially

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Jville":1xf87g3q said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1xf87g3q said:
I like to hear it. Not Clemmons injury of course, but some creativity in pressure packages. I am intrigued to say the least with the idea of Scruggs at LDE.

I'm thinking the one (Clemons) injury will alter the roles of at least 3 players. That's a big impact.

Big, but not necessarily negative. Of course, not implying you meant to shine it in a negative light. Next man, or three, up.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well, the real interesting thing is, except for a quarters worth of snaps in the Redskins game, the Falcons will have no tape on how the Seahawks Defense Line will now play without Clemons in the lineup. This frees Gus Bradley and Pete Carroll to come up with some interesting changes that the Falcons can't prepare for or predict.

I hope.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Bruce because of the thrashing he took on draft day. If he took down Ryan 5 times, I wouldn't be too terribly displeased.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEE

sutz

Reaction score
Supposedly, this is what they drafted him for long term. Pete's scheme calls for an "undersized" DE playing LEO. That's what Irvin is.

He'll be fine.

I hope.

:)

Twisted

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":160ohud1 said:
Bruce is not built to be an every down DE. The Falcons may find they indeed DO have a running game - when every play comes right at Irvin.

meh, they may head the other direction if Bruce strips the ball a few times... ;)

noflyzone

Reaction score
Falcons wont have much film on bruce in this role, might work to our advantage.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sucks but injuries happen.

I think Irving is ready to step up and I can't wait to see him put Matt Ryan on his butt.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This is a good thing. Bruce gets his shot, and if any of you know anything about life and the trials of people that didn't quite have a silver spoon following them around - you may understand that Bruce is really going to bring a lot of emotion on Sunday. Count on that.

The other side of this that I like a lot, is Scruggs getting his time in the light. Kids can do amazing things, with the pixie dust known as "opportunity".

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what Bruce can do...

on a side note...why do so many people put a "G" at the end of his and Michael Irvin's last name?

bigfatguy64

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1xkikwtx said:
This is a good thing. Bruce gets his shot, and if any of you know anything about life and the trials of people that didn't quite have a silver spoon following them around - you may understand that Bruce is really going to bring a lot of emotion on Sunday. Count on that.

The other side of this that I like a lot, is Scruggs getting his time in the light. Kids can do amazing things, with the pixie dust known as "opportunity".

Quoted for truth. Bruce is a really high energy guy and he's going to be amped up coming in. He's getting his first start....in the playoffs... and remember, he grew up right outside Atlanta, so this is also a homecoming for him.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I love what Clemons brings to the table and that I wish him all the best on his recovery. That said I believe that he has not been the force that we need at his position. He is a product of our defensive scheme, just like an average shanahan rusher will get 1k yards, an average Pete Carrol leo will get ten sacks. What we need is an aldon smith type who will get 20.

That is what Bruce was brought on to be, our twenty sack a year leo and Atlanta has no idea what is coming their way. It is time to get your Bruce on Seahawks!

That said I have to admit I am now rooting for GB to take care of business next week. Underrated as Bruce is as a pass rusher I would not wish Gore on him just yet.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Perhaps it's now time to bring in Ray Edwards? He was at HQ a couple weeks back, our FO was kicking the tires....AND he has a chip on his shoulder against Atlanta...is this a possibility? At least for experienced depth?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1yxp2gyr said:
Bruce is not built to be an every down DE. The Falcons may find they indeed DO have a running game - when every play comes right at Irvin.

Yes he is .

sutz

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1hoawtrd said:
SalishHawkFan":1hoawtrd said:

Yes he is .
From what I've read, Irvin is the prototypical size for PC's LEO position.

:229031_shrug:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Interesting turn of events.

Will be nice looking into the future, and seeing what this young man is capable of.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In the long term, this injury is bad. For instance, the Niners would exploit this big time with their line and Gore.

But against the Falcons? The falcons average 85 yards running per game. And even better, only 3.7 yards per run.